Turiaf agrees to deal with Warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:26 am
The Lakers have 7 Days to offer something better, but I doubt they will. And I hope they don't. Although I always thought Turiaf was annoying, he's a great fit for the Warriors' need. I'll admit that.

Now that Pietrus is gone, Barnes won't be re-signed, and Buike will probably go else where, signing Turiaf (a Center/ Power Forward) is a great pick up.

Turiaf a.k.a the Foyle '08!

Now we just need to ship out Al Harrington for a PG or SG.

Do your thing Mullin.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:33 am
Dude foyle sucks, why would we want a repeat of that, ps unless your talking about attitude.
I like pie
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:55 am
haha. Yeah, I was being sarcastic about that. I guess I should change it to the Pietrus '08 (as in character wise). Turiaf is from France too!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:34 am
Yeah the team needs a big body to fill the paint, whilst they work on Biedrins bringing his range out and trying to hit big shots.

Like i mean Don Nelson turned Nowitzki into a 7 foot 3 point shooting machine. No doubt in my mind that Beans cant be the 2nd coming of DIRK!!!

Haha aight im dreaming, But if you want a more dynamic look at it. He'll be a great paint filler whilst the athletism of Beans, Randolph and Wright fly high over... Now we just need to see if Baron rubbed enough playmaking presence on Monta!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:53 am
Wow the warriors just made two very nice moves, both players we just signed do things that our team is pretty bad at. I think Mullin is doing a fine job. Now we can probably sign one more free agent and then resign monta and beans depending on how much over the cap ownership is willing to go.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:15 am
I always considered him to be one of those unskilled big-body-only NBA players that I hate, but he has been getting better and hopefully will continue to for the Ws.

Only problem is that his stats will go down as he could always count on a HOF night when he played the Ws.

Now, we need a guard. BD slinking back and the Clippers totally out of the race might just work. Or another guard might even be better.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:06 am
I like Ronny! He hustles and rebounds very well! Someone we need off the bench. Although I do agree with some of you saying that we can just use Hendrix for that.

I think Hendrix will be a good force for us, but if Ronny's on our team that puts a roadblock in front of Hendrix. At least we have 2 good rebounders now!

I would still prefer to play Hendrix good minutes this upcoming season rather than signing Ronny, but I'm not disappointed with the sign at all.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:08 am
carlgo wrote:Only problem is that his stats will go down as he could always count on a HOF night when he played the Ws

Why are a lot of people saying this?

His numbers against the Warriors are any better than against just about any other team.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:10 am
The question is, will Nellie play Hendrix? If he sucks early my guess is no.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:11 am
What impresses me about Turiaf besides his hustle and energy is the fact that he blocked 1.4 shots/game last season in only 18 min of play/game. That is among the best shot block per 48 min in the league.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:28 am
bada wrote:What impresses me about Turiaf besides his hustle and energy is the fact that he blocked 1.4 shots/game last season in only 18 min of play/game. That is among the best shot block per 48 min in the league.

I like Turiaf as well... but only as a Warrior. =) What a thorn in the Warriors side!

The Maggs and Turiaf moves are fascinating. While I hate losing a guy the caliber of Baron, building a stronger core could set the foundation for the development of our young players.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:30 am
I like Turiaf's energy and big body, but he's coming from the Triangle offense to one that runs constantly. I hope his conditioning starts now and he'll be ready to run from 1 side to the other.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:41 am
i dig ronny - yes, i'm from LA - so i'm a laker fan ;-)

i don't think mully is done yet - we have to much juice in the front court, but kind of thin in back. i see a trade for a veteran point guard.

Robby
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:59 am
I'm impressed with the signing, keep it up Mully... I hated the MAgette signing at first but a guy like Turiaf is a good call. I wonder if we can get Vujacic...?
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:22 am
tallboy12321 wrote:I'm impressed with the signing, keep it up Mully... I hated the MAgette signing at first but a guy like Turiaf is a good call. I wonder if we can get Vujacic...?

Just checking here.............but I havnt seen anything official on these deals..............hell, even Barons hasnt been announced (still makes me chuckle that he cancelled his press conference in LA)
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball