Turiaf agrees to deal with Warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:04 am
Lakers forward-center Ronny Turiaf agreed to a four-year, $17 million offer from the Golden State Warriors, according to two league sources.

Turiaf is a restricted free agent. The Lakers have seven days to match the Warriors' offer.

Turiaf's agent, Mark Bartelstein would neither confirm nor deny the offer from the Warriors.

http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/lak ... b3657.html

Starting Lineup
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:14 am
I don't want him, hopefully the lakers take him back

» Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:17 am
I'm not a fan either.

Although, for those Maggette-haters whining that Corey doesn't "address a need", I think we can all agree that Turiaf does. Big, physical, enforcer-style banger that hustles and goes after loose balls. Not a bad sign. But I do hope the Lakers match. If we have $10 million left to toy with, after the Maggette signing, I don't think $4 million per for Turiaf sounds like a wise investment.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:19 am
He does adress a need, but I think we could have better investment with someone else

Rookie
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:20 am
Ronny! I like the signing. He is a high-energy guy, and played well down the stretch last season. He started to develop a jumper.

All Star
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:20 am
i like it, he's a big physical guy who can rebound and thats what we need against the likes of boozer and whatnot. lakers prob wont match.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:22 am
he can help... but u know what id rather use hendrix who is a lot cheaper... plus hes a faker and i dont want him on the dubz...seriously save that 4 mill on some1 else plz

Rookie
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:22 am
Since the Lakers have 7 days to match doesn't that kind of screw us for those 7 days? Is that money tied up where we can't offer contracts to other free agents? If thats the case I'm pissed. I think there is better out there. He does fit a need though

Rookie
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:25 am
I don't mind the sign if we get him as it does address a need and im pretty sure he will be used at PF and C to back up Biedrins ifand when he signs.

Role Player
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:45 am
ellis/?/watson
mags/marco/azu
jackson/randolph/?
harrington/wright/hendrix/
biedrins/turiuf/perovic

looking pretty solid so far..... trade harrington/azu for gordon and hinrich
sign house and elson

ellis/hinrich/house
mags/gordon/marco
jackson/marco/randolph
wright/hendrix/turiaf
biedrins/turiuf/elson

All Star
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:49 am
wtf.. this guy is not worth that much. He is only good against us... nobody else... i was hoping hendrix would be our bruiser :(

All Star
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:04 am
It is a good signing. He rebounds, plays defense, scores garbage points, and is better than any of the other power forwards who are currently on the Warrior roster.

Rookie
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:06 am
mista240sx wrote:ellis/?/watson
mags/marco/azu
jackson/randolph/?
harrington/wright/hendrix/
biedrins/turiuf/perovic

looking pretty solid so far..... trade harrington/azu for gordon and hinrich
sign house and elson

ellis/hinrich/house
mags/gordon/marco
jackson/marco/randolph
wright/hendrix/turiaf
biedrins/turiuf/elson

I thought House was a sure thing to head back to Boston? That'd be sick if we got him. He'd shoot the lights out all night

All Star
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:48 am
Turiaf is a good fit for this TEAM :!:

Role Player
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:20 am
might be us ending up with

mags sign clippers
turiaf sign lakers
hinrich trade bulls
posey sign from celtics
williams sign from nets

ellis/hinrich/williams
mags/marco/azu
jackson/posey/randolph
wright/hendrix/turiaf
biedrins/turiaf/perovic

7 or 8th seed very dangerous team if we can somehow get wilcox that would be the iceing on the cake but i dont think so.