Game Thread: Warriors at New York

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:07 am
=D> Well said, kendo. Anyone who claims he's lazy after grabbing the contract obviously has no clear view of what's going on. People have bad games. He's having the rotten luck of starting off rough after signing a contract, so he's under the microscope. He'll bounce back. There's no doubt about that. Give it a rest already, haters. :roll:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:42 am
kendo888 wrote:migya, or to anyone else that claims that an athlete is playing lazy, where do you actually SEE this athlete (in this case Mike Dunleavy) not hustling and trying? i doubt that he tries less on the court just because he has a contract. i can see players being less motivated to practice, to do extra, but once any player is on the court, they're not going to miss shots on purpose. if i see a player not run as hard or not dive for a ball, i might think they're not giving their all, but in no way have i seen mdj do this yet

Good! He shouldn't be lazy! But my point is that now that he has that big contract he doesn't have to prove that he should be resigned. That has been an issue with other players in the past and Dunleavy is not the greatest workhorse in the Warriors

You think he works his arse off day after day?

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:29 am
I think he works harder than half the roster, yeah. Namely, Pietrus (his main competition for a starting spot).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:50 am
What proof and reasons do you have for saying that! Also, he isn't playing well for all that so called effort - He should just give up then if that is the best he can do when he is trying so hard.............. Doubt he works that hard or he would get the results!

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:34 am
"Doubt he works that hard or he would get the results!"

i wish i could believe that. you can practice shots all the time, and it can make you a better shooter overall. but anyone can go cold for a few games. i'm not arguing that dunleavy right now deserves to start, but given his history, and the other parts of his game, he should be given opportunities to come out of his funk. just like at the end of the chicago game. In monty's own words: " I put Mike (Dunleavy) out there at the end because I thought he could hit that clutch three." This after Dunleavy went 0-6 for threes earlier in the game. Have faith, or at least have some patience!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:25 pm
migya wrote:What proof and reasons do you have for saying that! Also, he isn't playing well for all that so called effort - He should just give up then if that is the best he can do when he is trying so hard.............. Doubt he works that hard or he would get the results!

Until last game where Pietrus got into double digits, Mike (bad as he was playing) still outplayed Pietrus' lackluster game. That's my proof and reason.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:32 am
Strange, the stats show that Pietrus scored well and outdid dun in all games but the Utah game..............

Sounds like you have some sort of knuckle against Pietrus............

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:31 am
No, I'm just not hanging on his jock like some people on this board...

Of course Pietrus scored better that Dunleavy (that's all he does). He hasn't outrebounded him, gotten more assists, or even played better defensively yet this season (yes, that INTENSE, AMAZING, TOTALLY UNSTOPPABLE Mickael Pietrus defense hasn't been too effective yet).

He's pure potential. Like Dunleavy. They're basically the same player in different bodies. Likewise, I'll give him props as he earns them and, so far, he needs to do more than just shoot the ball to earn them.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:32 pm
True he does have to do more than just score. The reason why he has not gotten more rebounds and assists than dun is because he isn't getting anywhere near the same court time. Last game was the first time he got decent minutes and he only played alright, not great but still outdid the dun

Pietrus needs the court time on a regular basis to really get going and get in a flow. Once he does, as he showed late last season, he is something special

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:57 pm
well when you actually dont even see the game plus really dont want a player to have success so you can continually rip the player and say see I told you so :roll: Dunleavy's shot just hasint been falling yet BUT it will mark my word 8)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:00 pm
well free speech and use of honest intelligence allows the good people on here to speak their truth on what they think of what is happening with their fav team. Not even oppressive people can change one's view

:mrgreen:

Previous

Return to Game Threads