If The Warriors Land Elton Brand

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 pm
The Warriors have offered $85-90M for the next 5 years to Elton Brand. The Clippers, due to their cap situation, can only offer Brand 5 years and $70M. If the Warriors can somehow pry him away, there may have to be some major changes.

1. Sign and Trade Monta Ellis along with Al Harrington to the Miami Heat for Shawn Marion and Daquan Cook. Miami is extremely interested in Ellis and would more than likely love this trade.

2. Re-Sign Kelenna Azubuike.

3. Send Brandan Wright and Stephen Jackson to the Bulls for Kirk Hinrich. This would improve their youth movement with Jackson only having one year left. Rose, Jackson, Deng, Wright, and Noah could be a nice line up.

4. Offer Carlos Arroyo the MLE.

Line Up

PG Hinrich - Arroyo
SG Belinelli - Cook
SF Marion - Azubuike - Randolph
PF Brand - Hendrix
C Biedrins - Perovic

This would be the ulitmate front court that would lead the league in rebounds and possibly even blocked shots. Would be a much better defensive team as Brand could handle the bulk of guys like Boozer.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:25 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:The Warriors have offered $85-90M for the next 5 years to Elton Brand. The Clippers, due to their cap situation, can only offer Brand 5 years and $70M. If the Warriors can somehow pry him away, there may have to be some major changes.

WHere are you getting this information that I have bolded? The Clipper have his larry bird rights and can exceed the salary cap to resign him. They can offer a 6th year, where we can only offer a 5 year deal.

The Clippers can offer him 6 years/$120
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:38 pm
bada wrote:
BayAreaHoopz wrote:The Warriors have offered $85-90M for the next 5 years to Elton Brand. The Clippers, due to their cap situation, can only offer Brand 5 years and $70M. If the Warriors can somehow pry him away, there may have to be some major changes.

WHere are you getting this information that I have bolded? The Clipper have his larry bird rights and can exceed the salary cap to resign him. They can offer a 6th year, where we can only offer a 5 year deal.

But doesnt Brand have to sign that "lower" deal so they have room to sign Baron?

I dont think Maggette and there other free agents are enough, hence the need/importance of Brand opting out so he can sign that reduced deal.........which we could trump, and rely on Brand wanting the extra money and screwing the Clips.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:44 pm
bigstrads wrote:
bada wrote:

But doesnt Brand have to sign that "lower" deal so they have room to sign Baron?

I dont think Maggette and there other free agents are enough, hence the need/importance of Brand opting out so he can sign that reduced deal.........which we could trump, and rely on Brand wanting the extra money and screwing the Clips.

Right and wrong bigs. You can exceed the salary cap for your OWN free agents, but not other teams free agents. Before Brand opted out, they were over the cap meaning they could have only offered Baron their mid-level exception.

Once he opted out, they had room under the cap to offer Baron a contract. Now that they used most of the room under the cap on another teams FA (Baron), they can exceed the cap for their own Larry Bird rights FA's.

This is a VERY important sequence for teams. Lets say a team is $10 mill under the cap and wants to sign their own FA plus another teams FA each for $10 million.

If they signed thier own FA for $10 mill, that eats up all their cap space and they would NOT be able to offer the other FA a contract.

But if they sign the other team's FA first, then they could sign their own guy and exceed the cap.

You always want to sign outside FA's first before your own guys.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:28 pm
Those are some of the worst ideas I've ever seen on here.

It'd be like selling all our talented youth for a Big 3 only the big 3 involve Kirk Hinrich and we won't win a thing.

Pass.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:40 pm
ummm...no

if we sign brand then all we need to do is trade harrington for a capable point guard and re-sign buike and watson.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:08 pm
if u guys want to talk trade..plz don't put ellis name on the trading block...he is untoucable player in W's....coz now W's is MONTA TEAM.

personally, i only trade ellis with player like LeBron,Dwight Howard,C.Paul...other then that is garbage player
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:17 pm
Monta isn't only untouchable because he's good, he's also FUN to watch. I don't care what we get offered for him, I wouldn't want him off the team.
This is my incredibly intelligent signature line. Clever eh?

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:01 pm
I would want Okafor instead of AB!!! Without Baron Andris is a normal center not able to get those easy pick and roll buckets and quick dunks!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:50 am
Brand is not coming to the W's!!! He's a class guy and he wouldn't do that to his buddy!!! W's should stop offering all these ridicious contracts to these players!!!

This is the effects of signing Foyle, Dun-Dun and Murphy and J-rich to these long horrible contracts!!!

Return to Trades