Who is looking like they will be traded

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:07 am
Early yet but which players look like they are going to be tradeable?

Paul Pierce was rumoured to be traded in the offseason but he wasn't. Now that he has started the season so well, is he more likely to be traded or now a safe bet to stay put in the Celtics? I for one think that it might go either way, as without him the Celts would probably be winless. However, his value has risen and the Celts may look to land someone else, who I have no idea, as Pierce is great, fits into the team and the Celtics have young guys at all positions who are suppose to be groomed for this season as well as the future.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz look to get rid of Boozer and fast. He has been injured and hasn't done nothing and they are in desperate need of a true inside scorer as well as rebounder and shot blocker - AK47 is great but he can't do it all alone and Okur, though having a great start, is more of an outside shooter than inside scorer.

Also reckon the Magic will trade a few players this season. They are looking hopeless and everyone but Dwight Howard (yes even Francis) is fair game to be used to get players that have an immediate impact - They seem to have good players but noone that is really taking games by the scruff of the neck. They are 0-3, awful!

I've always thought that Jalen Rose was on the way out and he has been up and down so far. Surprised they didn't offer him and another player for Magliore. Maybe they will look to get a guard who is a scorer because their guards are crap at the moment!

I really do think that the 76ers will have to add someone to their team. They are looking like a two man team and guys like Korver are not doing much at all. Don't know whether any other team sees the other players in the sixers as worthy of trading something for.

Lastly, the Kings have been a disgrace and I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Bibby or/and Peja or Wells or a combination of the three for players that they think can make an immediate impact. They would probably look at players like Pierce and Dickau, that sounds like a near even trade, though I'd keep Pierce if I was the Celts.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:33 am
Too early to tell, as long as the team is winning, noboydy will make any deals.

Well, you can bet the Knicks will make some trades (J. Crawford, maybe?, he's lost his starting spot with Larry Brown), and I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers make some moves during the season...

As for the rest of teams, we'll have to wait and see.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:15 pm
Rose will be traded at the deadline. Unless Crawford learns how to play point he and Brown are going to want to ship him out.

I wouldn't be surprised if KG wants out if the T-Wolves continue to struggle. If they look like they are heading for a season below .500 I bet he asks to be dealt.

Al Harrington is another name that might get moved because of the logjam at Forward for the Hawks.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:36 am
Don't see Mchale amking a MAJOR move in trading KG during the season. He will want time to see what he can get and get the best possible deal

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:26 am
migya wrote:Paul Pierce was rumoured to be traded in the offseason but he wasn't. Now that he has started the season so well, is he more likely to be traded or now a safe bet to stay put in the Celtics? I for one think that it might go either way, as without him the Celts would probably be winless. However, his value has risen and the Celts may look to land someone else, who I have no idea, as Pierce is great, fits into the team and the Celtics have young guys at all positions who are suppose to be groomed for this season as well as the future.

I'm selling Pierce on the Celts. So far, aside from a couple mild runs in the playoffs, Pierce has been nothing but a fan favorite in Boston. He's capable of coming up big (and puts up huge numbers during the season), but it doesn't look like he's improving the Celts at all (or, at least, as well as a player his caliber should). Final verdict: Traded.

migya wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz look to get rid of Boozer and fast. He has been injured and hasn't done nothing and they are in desperate need of a true inside scorer as well as rebounder and shot blocker - AK47 is great but he can't do it all alone and Okur, though having a great start, is more of an outside shooter than inside scorer.

No team would take Boozer. He's like K-Mart; too little of a talent for such a huge check. Even if Utah would want to get rid of him (which is reasonable, because he's a mongril basketball who doesn't know how to play the game, other than planting himself in the key for cheap rebounds and putbacks), the Jazz are most likely stuck with Carlos Boozer. He can either improve or just sit back and enjoy the bills. Final verdict: Staying.

migya wrote:Also reckon the Magic will trade a few players this season. They are looking hopeless and everyone but Dwight Howard (yes even Francis) is fair game to be used to get players that have an immediate impact - They seem to have good players but noone that is really taking games by the scruff of the neck. They are 0-3, awful!

The Magic need some new blood to shake up their city. At the moment, no one in Orlando cares about basketball. Dwight Howard is gonna be great, but that may take another 3 or 4 years to fully pan out. I'm thinking they'll flirt Steve Francis at a few teams, but ultimately wont make any BIG changes this season. Their most tradeable person of value, at the moment, is Francis and I don't see him leaving this season. Final verdict: Staying.

migya wrote:I've always thought that Jalen Rose was on the way out and he has been up and down so far. Surprised they didn't offer him and another player for Magliore. Maybe they will look to get a guard who is a scorer because their guards are crap at the moment!

Toronto didn't want Magloire; they're trying to start over (just like the Hornets). Jalen Rose doesn't fit into their Chris Bosh-based future, so he's obviously not staying... however, Rose is handy to distract the fans from thinking the Raptors are totally helpless at this point. Seeing as Toronto's not looking around at any trades (and, permitting a star doesn't fall into their lap for a nobody), I'm guessing Jalen is going to stay his run in Toronto until his contract expires. The most likely situation would be a trade for either draft picks or a very young rookie... which I doubt many teams would go for since Jalen's in his final contract years (aside from his career winding down). Final verdict: Staying.

migya wrote:I really do think that the 76ers will have to add someone to their team. They are looking like a two man team and guys like Korver are not doing much at all. Don't know whether any other team sees the other players in the sixers as worthy of trading something for.

If you're implying that Korver will be traded, I'm doubting that. At the moment, Korver, Dalembert, and Iguodala are the future of Philly (and the office knows that). Iverson's much too popular and far too valuable to even be considered trading, and the office wants to try one more season with Chris Webber before decking him out to someone else (if anyone else WOULD take him). Like the Magic, there's some major work to be done, but I can't see it taking place this season. Final verdict: Staying.

migya wrote:Lastly, the Kings have been a disgrace and I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Bibby or/and Peja or Wells or a combination of the three for players that they think can make an immediate impact. They would probably look at players like Pierce and Dickau, that sounds like a near even trade, though I'd keep Pierce if I was the Celts.

Peja has been hinting for a while that he's tired of Sacramento and doesn't wanna be apart of a rebuilding franchise. While Mike Bibby seems to relish in the fact that his stock has shot through the roof in a C-Webb-less environment, I doubt that Stojakovic is as happy to see (at one time) their most valuable player being packaged away for Brian Skinner. Stojakovic was frustrated with the Kings last season (before the trade with Philly). Imagine how happy he must be now that Webber's outta town. If for nothing aside from rebuilding purposes (along with a player's frustration), I'm guessing Peja isn't gonna be wearing purple and white at the season's end. It's a long shot, but I'm going with it. Final verdict: Traded.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:21 pm
McHale would get the most out of waiting until the offseason to move KG which is why he might do it during the season.

Has there been a worse GM in the NBA recently? He cost the T-Wolves 2 or 3 years worth of draft picks with the Joe Smith debaucle (who they didn't even hold on to for more than 2 years), made the clueless moves of signing Kandiman and Spreewell, and then signed Szcerbiak for way much.

I really like McHale as a player and wanted him to do well but I think he has used his stature to skate on doing so poorly. When you have KG on your team locked up for long term there is no excuse not to make it to the Conference finals every year if you were a decent GM. He has thrown away an oppurtunity for a championship for Minnesota and perhaps KG.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:30 pm
Even if Kev made a ton of mistakes in recent years, you gotta give him credit for finding KG. And the team he put together back in their 38-10 run during the season; KG, Cassell, Spree, Ervin, and Trent (with Troy Hud & Wally off the bench), was not a bad lineup. He's made his share of mistakes to cancel out the good one's he's made, but I dont know if he's the WORST GM in recent history (a title I'd probably pass to Saint Jean)...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:44 pm
#32 wrote: the WORST GM in recent history (a title I'd probably pass to Saint Jean)...

That's an interesting discussion. I'd like to nominate Scott Layden during his Knicks tenure.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:46 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote: the WORST GM in recent history (a title I'd probably pass to Saint Jean)...

That's an interesting discussion. I'd like to nominate Scott Layden during his Knicks tenure.

No way its saint jean, he draft JR, Murphy and Arenas in the same draft. I dont think anyone who pulls that off, can be designated the worst GM. AJ wasnt bad either.

I think the raptor's GM who basically got a $20 IKEA coupon in the carter trade has to be the brightest GM in the NBA. MAN DID THEY GET SCREWED IN THAT TRADE.
Last edited by The Real Newman on Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:19 pm
True, but one successful draft can't counteract the years of barrell-bent-butt-f*cking that Saint Jean dragged the Warriors through. He put our team through more hell than any other GM has done to their squad in the past decade. That's worthy of worst GM in recent memory. The Carter trade was horrible, but at least they've been to the playoffs in the past 5 years.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:14 am
there have been a few horrible GMs but St Jock takes the cake! He did crap for so many years!

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:53 pm
id like to throw in isiah thomas' name into this discussion.....

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:45 pm
st jean not so good, but not the worst (part of the blame is on cohan for not wanting to pay players..) I still believe it was cohan who didn't want to pay chris webber big money...causing a rift btwn webber and don nelson. arghh!

anyways, back to topic...scott layden gets my vote for most obviously bad gm...thomas has done a decent job with what he had to start with. he's got some tradeable assets now to make a team for larry brown...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:00 am
Yeah, Thomas ain't that bad, he inherited a mess from Layden, and he's been doing everything he could to solve it. It hasn't worked yet, but he's not that bad. Notice I'm not saying he's a good GM...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:10 am
with all the money that he has at his disposal, he should have done far better. Trades such as Mohammed for Rose were so stupid and he has done nothing to improve the Knicks. They are going nowhere

Next

Return to Trades