Manny Pacquiao

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:03 am
Anyone catch the fight few hours ago against David Diaz? That was one hell of a performance from Manny. Still had his speed to go with his power. Especially since he moved up to lightweight. Could Manny possibly be the current best pound-for-pound fighter today?

Edwin Valero may be his next opponent on Nov. 8 and for those who don't know who Valero is, he's real dangerous. It's just that he was banned from Nevada. But it depends all on Manny since there is speculation that he'll bulk up to fight Ricky Hatton.

I'm Filipino and I'm damn proud to see Pacquiao represent.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:43 pm
yeah last night's fight was ownage. there wasnt a single round that i could recall seeing a single punch land solidly from diaz. how about those undercards tho? first one goes the distance, second one is a first round KO by the UNDERDOG, and the third one with a controversial ending (that IMO was horribly officiated).

im actually kind of scared of the thought of manny moving up to 140 to fight hatton, though it would be a great fight to watch.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:40 pm
I'd be sending my case to the committee if I was Humberto Soto. He got robbed in that fight. He was dominating the whole match; there wasn't once that he was losing, and he gets DQ'd. For what? The punch to the back of the head was nothing but a glare. Terrible call. That kind of call makes boxing's image look bad.

Yeah, I'd like to see him against Hatton. Although it wouldn't be for a while because Ricky has an opponent that has been waiting to fight him for a while. I think he'll stay down at lightweight for another match and then move up and try for his 5th title in his 5th weight division. And if he does that, there'll be no doubt that Manny would be the best pound-for-pound boxer today.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:33 pm
Hey, X-bay, haven’t been here much, but I was at the fight in Vegas, and let me tell you, that place was rockin’! This is a new Manny because, for once, I didn’t see him struggle with his balance; he was actually quite fluid. His superior speed was evident and he punched with pinpoint accuracy. Diaz likes to mix it up, has a very good chin, and was a game champion in his effort. But Manny put on a clinic and just totally destroyed Diaz. Manny is certainly the Mexican Assassin. Just count ‘em.

The Filipinos represented in a big way rockin' that whole building. And Manny was ever humble and very thankful to his fans. The Boston Celtics were there: Paul Pierce, KG, Ray Allen and Cassell. It appears P2 is a big Pacquiao fan and cheered him on. And every time Manny had a big round, P2 was standing up taunting one or a couple of his teammates. Don’t know, maybe Manny played a little ball with him.

It was a great night, and I won a little spare change, too, since I bet on a 9th round KO.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:59 pm
That's awesome, bro.

I loved Diaz's post-fight interview. He told it how he saw it... "He's just too FCKING fast. I could take the power punches, it's just he's too FCKING fast."
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:22 pm
the fight was great... as everyone else said.. no one can actually remember a time that manny was this dominant from start to finish... but did anyone notice how diaz didnt really put up a fight... i know manny is ****ing fast but diaz just didnt look like he did anything at all besides sit and get hit
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE

Return to Sports Board