Best/Worst Draft, Best/Worst Pick, Steal of the Draft

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:42 pm
Who in your opinion had the best and worst draft? Which player was the best pick and who was the worst pick at their slotted positions? And who was the steal of the draft?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:52 pm
I think the njn had a good draft. I liked there choice of brook lopez, it fits well with there solid defensive team.they should build around him and yi. they are rebuilding for the future and I say they started off well. they have a solid veteran vince carter, if they don't trade him. I think they can make a run towards the 7 or 8 seed
I like pie
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:54 pm
By far portland,jesus man they kicked ass.There building for a better team.Good luck to them
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:28 pm
New Jersey and Portland both had very good drafts. I especially liked New Jersey going out and taking the Bay Area's best. :mrgreen:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:35 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:New Jersey and Portland both had very good drafts. I especially liked New Jersey going out and taking the Bay Area's best. :mrgreen:

well the bay area's best in choice of college is what u mean. Brook Lopez is from SoCal and Anderson is a Sacramento product. But yeah, i agree sfsf, New Jersey had a good draft indeed
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:44 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:New Jersey and Portland both had very good drafts. I especially liked New Jersey going out and taking the Bay Area's best. :mrgreen:

well the bay area's best in choice of college is what u mean. Brook Lopez is from SoCal and Anderson is a Sacramento product. But yeah, i agree sfsf, New Jersey had a good draft indeed

Yeah, college-wise. :wink:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:18 pm
Seattle choosing Westbrook was awful.

With Bayless, Love, Gallinari, Gordon, Lopez, and Augustin still there why Westbrook???? He wasn't even the 2nd best player on his team (Collison and Love).

NJ benefitted from CHA picking Augustin which surpised everyone. Lopez and I think they got Douglas Roberts are a good combo.

Portland has done a fantastic job the past 3 years.

ATL, DEN, and SEA did terrible.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:22 am
d1mex wrote:Seattle choosing Westbrook was awful.

With Bayless, Love, Gallinari, Gordon, Lopez, and Augustin still there why Westbrook???? He wasn't even the 2nd best player on his team (Collison and Love).

NJ benefitted from CHA picking Augustin which surpised everyone. Lopez and I think they got Douglas Roberts are a good combo.

Portland has done a fantastic job the past 3 years.

ATL, DEN, and SEA did terrible.

that gallinari kid doesnt impress me too much. i was watching his highlights, and that didnt even impress me. he doesn't seem too coordinated.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:05 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:

The Lopez' are from Fresno...do we actually consider Fresno to be Sothern California now?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:58 pm
sleandres wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:

The Lopez' are from Fresno...do we actually consider Fresno to be Sothern California now?

Ugh, me and webelieve were talking about this yesterday... Fresno is NOT Northern California. I think that the cutoff between North and South California is right about Modesto. Anything north of it is ours. Anything south is theirs. I swear to you that it needs to be two seperate states, North and South California. I would be happy then...

At any rate, Fresno is Southern California.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:27 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
sleandres wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:

Ugh, me and webelieve were talking about this yesterday... Fresno is NOT Northern California. I think that the cutoff between North and South California is right about Modesto. Anything north of it is ours. Anything south is theirs. I swear to you that it needs to be two seperate states, North and South California. I would be happy then...

I've always considered Fresno to be Central California and to be the cut off between Northern and Southern California. If I had to pick I'd put Fresno with Northern California, but I prefer to think of it as a no mans land since well...it's Fresno.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:21 pm
Douglas-Roberts and deandre jordan in the second round are huge steals. I could have sworn they would go first round Jordan was top 15 for a while and CDR mid to late first round. CDR is a guy who is a good team player and will have some sort of impact.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:11 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
sleandres wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:

There really could be 4-5 states:

Weedville, Bay Area, Western Oklahoma, South Coast...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:44 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
sleandres wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:

I've always considered Fresno to be Central California and to be the cut off between Northern and Southern California. If I had to pick I'd put Fresno with Northern California, but I prefer to think of it as a no mans land since well...it's Fresno.

I'm thinking Central California is a rightful title here
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~

Return to NBA Forum