Mayo and Love Traded, 8 Player Trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:50 pm
Memphis gets: Mayo, Jaric, A Walker, and G Buckner

Minnesota gets: Love, M Miller, B Cardinal, and Jason Collins

I like this trade a lot for Minnesota. I am very high on Love, and getting a dead on shooter like Miller is great. Only problem is they take on Cardinal's terrible contract. Memphis continues to shed its team of payroll.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008 ... id=3463045
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:56 pm
Jesus, I thought you were kidding. Blockbuster trade right off the bat?
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:57 pm
I guess McHale sees a lot of himself in Love.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:01 pm
foye
miller
gomes
jefferson
love

future is looking better for the wolves
Clifford Rozier rememer him?

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:03 pm
damn memphis is just getting raped by the whole western conference. we should try n get in on the action! harrington and next year's 2nd for warrick and lowry!!!
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:49 am
Jesus..........what a terrible trade for Memphis...........there GM is a joke.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:23 pm
E-Man wrote:damn memphis is just getting raped by the whole western conference. we should try n get in on the action! harrington and next year's 2nd for warrick and lowry!!!

Marc Gasol said he is gonna be playing for them next year. What about some cash considerations for Gasol... we know how cheap this Grizzly team is.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:42 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:
E-Man wrote:damn memphis is just getting raped by the whole western conference. we should try n get in on the action! harrington and next year's 2nd for warrick and lowry!!!

Marc Gasol said he is gonna be playing for them next year. What about some cash considerations for Gasol... we know how cheap this Grizzly team is.

Marc Gasol is a better scoring Tractor Trailor. fool is slow as a snail tryin to get thru molasses(sp?)!
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:20 am
bigstrads wrote:Jesus..........what a terrible trade for Memphis...........there GM is a joke.

i dunno... i think we'll see how much of a joke he is when free agency starts.... i hope he doesnt make a big run at our restricted free agents... i think he (whoever memphis' gm is) is lookin to make a big splash.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:23 am
So are they seriously going after Monta? They inherited bad contracts.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:55 am
xbay wrote:So are they seriously going after Monta? They inherited bad contracts.

well getting oj mayo, i doubt they're gonna go after monta anymore. walker's contract, i think, is done after this coming season. or well theres a team option and of course memphis wont take it up.

maybe now we can make a play for lowry. they need front court help and al could be a good supplementary piece for darko in terms of spreading the floor for darko's inside game. if somehow we can make a deal there where we get lowry thatd be nice.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:35 pm
E-Man wrote:
xbay wrote:So are they seriously going after Monta? They inherited bad contracts.

well getting oj mayo, i doubt they're gonna go after monta anymore. walker's contract, i think, is done after this coming season. or well theres a team option and of course memphis wont take it up.

maybe now we can make a play for lowry. they need front court help and al could be a good supplementary piece for darko in terms of spreading the floor for darko's inside game. if somehow we can make a deal there where we get lowry thatd be nice.

I think the owner wants to offload the team and wants to reduce payroll to as little as possible. I agree that Mayo makes Ellis a moot point for them though.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:08 am
mista240sx wrote:foye
miller
gomes
jefferson
love

future is looking better for the wolves

Dude nice sig :wink:

Return to Trades