Bada's crazy trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:21 pm
OK, my turn for a wild trade thought.....

We all know that Pat Riley is DESPARATE for a PG to pair with Wade in the backcourt so how about this crazy trade....

Would be a two part trade:

We send:
Baron Davis
Michael Pietrus (sign and trade)
#14 pick

Heat send:
Shawn Marion
Jason Williams (sign and trade)
#2 pick

Heat get the PG they want and need, and get a perimeter defender to help cusion the blow of losing Marion. Riley likes MP.

Now why though would Miami do this? As good as BD is, his age and injury concern would not make this a trade they would do to give up the 2nd pick.... so on to part 2

We send:
Our trade exception

Heat send:
Mark Blount's terrible contract

The heat want two things.... A PG and cap space at the end of next season as they are going to go after Boozer HARD. Boozer has a home in Miami. This gives them both.

Now from the Warriors point of view.

We would give up BD, MP, and the 14th pick and take on a very bad contract, but would get Beasely and a guy in Shawn Marion who would flourish in this system and can defend, rebound, and hit the 3. I dont love Jason Williams but it gives us a PG for a year while we figure out our long term plans at that position. Blount would just be a big body who could hopefully give us a few min to bang around a bit.

It would pain me to trade BD, but the thought of pairing Beasely and Marion with Monta and AB is a pretty sweet thought. The big problem here is taking on Blounts contract would push us into the luxury tax area if we want to get Monta and AB's contracts done.

Sorry, was itching to throw something crazy out there.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:28 pm
hmmm, 27 views and not a single response like "you are an idiot" or "thank god you are not our GM". I guess I dont have mista's "touch". I will try better next time. :)
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:48 pm
Bada, it's way too well thought out for the "you are an idiot" posts. I actually think it's a very smart trade, although I question whether GMs actually look that far into the future.

I wouldn't have a problem with Williams as a PG mostly because I'm big on the idea that a mediocre PG can succeed with the right pieces around him much better than a great PG can with mediocre pieces around him. So I would be more than willing to give up Baron for a middle of the road PG if it also meant filling the rest of our holes.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:32 pm
That's cool that you're tryin to be nice captain, but that's a horrible trade. Still i wouldn't go so far to call Bada names or stuff like that ,but i think that's a bad trade. I don't think marion is all that great, and then we'll have major PG issues. So many years fans have cried for a PG , and now they wanna let him go. Not saying you want BD to go Bada, i just don't get why he is the one everybody is talking about gettin rid of.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:38 pm
RobDIKUM wrote: So many years fans have cried for a PG , and now they wanna let him go. Not saying you want BD to go Bada, i just don't get why he is the one everybody is talking about gettin rid of.

I SO agree with that. I am one of the most staunch BD supporters there are. I would HATE to see BD go. I am not in the camp of people that want him to go.

Like I said, I just wanted to try and come up with something BIG! Not your typical Al trade and such.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:11 pm
The thing is, pass-first PG's are a needle in a haystack... especially the good ones. Shoot-first, pass-second PG's are a dime in a dozen.

I love Marion, and it wouldn't be so bad now that he'd suddenly become the first or second option along side Monta instead of the third or fourth fiddle. You're lineup looks essentially like this...

Biedrins, Harrington, Jackson, Monta, Williams. With a bench of... Wright, Belinelli, Azubuike, Beasley, Croshere, Barnes, Kosta.

That's an extremely young team. You're future looks like...

Biedrins, Wright, Beasley, Monta, ???. Interesting...

But like you said... it's a wild trade.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:12 pm
For me personally Baron is a liability. He's a player kind of like Jason Richardson where when the team is bad he is the guy you want because he will make your team better and he will be a star. But when you put a good team around him you start to see that he has big flaws and makes big mistakes. Baron drives me crazy in a game, yes he can take over and win games, but only sometimes. A lot of times he just tries too hard and makes silly mistakes. His shot selection is horrendous, he's good enough that he hits those crazy circus shots often enough and we all forget how stupid of a decision it was. But he still misses them all the time and it has cost this team wins. I like Baron as a person and a leader and I would be really sad to see him go. But I'm being completely honest with myself when I say that I think this team will be better with an ok point guard and great players around him than it ever will be with Baron and good players around him.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:07 pm
Bada were you having a happy dream about a blond then you're fingers probably started to type away???

No way Miami gives up a #2 and Marion!!! I'd do that in an instant but Miami fans would come after their GM for that trade...

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:52 am
Captain_Jack wrote:For me personally Baron is a liability. He's a player kind of like Jason Richardson where when the team is bad he is the guy you want because he will make your team better and he will be a star. But when you put a good team around him you start to see that he has big flaws and makes big mistakes. Baron drives me crazy in a game, yes he can take over and win games, but only sometimes. A lot of times he just tries too hard and makes silly mistakes. His shot selection is horrendous, he's good enough that he hits those crazy circus shots often enough and we all forget how stupid of a decision it was. But he still misses them all the time and it has cost this team wins. I like Baron as a person and a leader and I would be really sad to see him go. But I'm being completely honest with myself when I say that I think this team will be better with an ok point guard and great players around him than it ever will be with Baron and good players around him.

I some what agree with your analysis of Baron Captain Jack. The Warriors actually have 2 of those types of players. Stephen Jackson is the exact same way. He will hit big, game winning 3's and make you forget about all the turnovers on the stupid one-on-one drives to the hoop where he gets the ball consistently stripped. Getting Jason when Williams is like getting a poor mans Baron Davis. Same type of player. Jason williams is Scott Skiles re-incarnated. He too may be a coach one day. Baron also.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:12 am
Captain_Jack wrote:For me personally Baron is a liability. He's a player kind of like Jason Richardson where when the team is bad he is the guy you want because he will make your team better and he will be a star. But when you put a good team around him you start to see that he has big flaws and makes big mistakes. Baron drives me crazy in a game, yes he can take over and win games, but only sometimes. A lot of times he just tries too hard and makes silly mistakes. His shot selection is horrendous, he's good enough that he hits those crazy circus shots often enough and we all forget how stupid of a decision it was. But he still misses them all the time and it has cost this team wins. I like Baron as a person and a leader and I would be really sad to see him go. But I'm being completely honest with myself when I say that I think this team will be better with an ok point guard and great players around him than it ever will be with Baron and good players around him.

that was a hot post... i wish i knew a girl that had that much insight on warriors and basketball :D :D :D
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:18 am
8th ave wrote:

that was a hot post... i wish i knew a girl that had that much insight on warriors and basketball :D :D :D

For real, huh? :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:58 am
they don't exist, captain jack is really a robot
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:13 pm
I swear I'm not a robot! :mrgreen:

Besides you guys all say that you want girls that like sports, but from experience I've discovered that you're all lying...you all like girly girls.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:29 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I swear I'm not a robot! :mrgreen:

Besides you guys all say that you want girls that like sports, but from experience I've discovered that you're all lying...you all like girly girls.

I beg to differ. All the girls i've known in high school that were warrior fans were just that, warrior fans. They didn't know anything about the game of basketball. They were just in love with how good we were doing and how cute monta and matt barnes are. I'm pretty sure if i showed those girls the post you posted earlier, they wouldn't have any clue what you were talkin about.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:19 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I swear I'm not a robot! :mrgreen:

Girly girls suck d*ck.........and I dont mean literally. :wink:

Give me a woman who is comfortable with herself, not affraid of her own shadow and is able to speak out and be her own woman.........and Im happy.
Next

Return to Trades