baron and al for rasheed and billups???? wtf

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:58 pm
nickdakoolkat wrote:I like the trade too look at it like this, Baron is only a little better at scoring than billups and chauncey is a bit more controlled than Baron. But Sheed is better than any foward we have had in years, he would finally give us a legit low post big man scoring threat...and on top of that under nellie he can get away with shooting his 3's as well...

You're thinking of that 2003 Sheed. The current one is a jump shooter only. He scores less inside than Al and neither dude is an inside threat.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07DET15A.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0708/07GSW12A.HTM

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:13 pm
I don't think Billups is the type of PG who can run a team like this??? I don't see it working out the way Nellie wants it...Billups can't penetrate and dish like BD...But I don't think we can keep BD around in the long run!!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:16 pm
J-Rich wrote:I don't think Billups is the type of PG who can run a team like this??? I don't see it working out the way Nellie wants it...Billups can't penetrate and dish like BD...But I don't think we can keep BD around in the long run!!

I think the theory might be that this last year of Nellie won't get us very far anyway. He (Nellie) is a little bit of a lame duck at this point I think.

Neither Baron, nor Al, nor Jax are in the Warriors long-term plans I think. This is why I don't see them making this deal. Billips and Sheed are no better in the short or the long run.

I agree though. Billups is not an up-tempo player.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:08 pm
billups would slow our game down and monta would have to do a lot of moving without the ball ala rip hamilton. basically we'd become the pistons of 03-04. chauncey, monta (rip), jax (prince), Sheed, Biedrins (big ben). i would like rasheed here but for harrington and the 14th. id probably throw in belinelli too if they didnt bite.

when i first heard about the rumor, i figured it was a good trade both ways. thing is, i would much rather have sheed than harrington, but baron than chauncey. i really think if we can get sheed, his attitude wouldnt be as bad as people think. he's toned it down a lot from how it used to be. baron's the type of leader that i think would be able to tame that kind of attitude along with a little help from nellie and jax. much like MJ, pippen, and phil jackson did with rodman.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:39 am
I agree with cladden, J-Rich, and E-Man. Billups and Wallace do not fit the Warriors style of play. If those to start, you can forget about the fast break. Although i have been a fan of Billups in the past, he has slowed down very noticeably. Wallace never was much on the fast break. Wallace is also a pouter. He will be in Nelly's doghouse right away. Between Wallace and Jackson, the Warriors will lead the league in technical fouls. However, their free throw shooting will vastly improve. I would much rather have Billups shooting the occasional 3 than Jackson or Baron. Wallace can score inside when he puts his mind to it. He can also be a shot blocker when he puts his mind to it. I don't think either player is Nelson type of guy, but they both are winners.

Bottom line for me, I would not make this trade.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:32 am
The Coooach wrote:I agree with cladden, J-Rich, and E-Man. Billups and Wallace do not fit the Warriors style of play. If those to start, you can forget about the fast break. Although i have been a fan of Billups in the past, he has slowed down very noticeably. Wallace never was much on the fast break. Wallace is also a pouter. He will be in Nelly's doghouse right away. Between Wallace and Jackson, the Warriors will lead the league in technical fouls. However, their free throw shooting will vastly improve. I would much rather have Billups shooting the occasional 3 than Jackson or Baron. Wallace can score inside when he puts his mind to it. He can also be a shot blocker when he puts his mind to it. I don't think either player is Nelson type of guy, but they both are winners.

Bottom line for me, I would not make this trade.

I think Billups and Wallace are both Nelson kinda guys. Both are athletic, can run the floor and score. Both are experienced winners. Billups is especially interesting since we have Monta, meaning we need a bigger PG to handle the bigger guards.

I like this trade because I highly doubt BD is the future of this franchise and we already know he's not going to take us deep into the western conference playoffs (without a better supporting cast). If we can get value for him before he walks I think we should pull the trigger.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:31 am
Guys, the upcoming season is 2008-2009. Sheed will be 34 and Billups will be 32 when the season starts! Please say no to such a trade!
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:02 pm
Pistons Deny Baron Trade Rumors:

Link:

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53208/20080626/pistons_deny_baron_trade_rumors/
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:44 pm
vancouver_grizzlies wrote:Guys, the upcoming season is 2008-2009. Sheed will be 34 and Billups will be 32 when the season starts! Please say no to such a trade!

Sheed will be gone in a year, so basically we're looking at Billups longterm (three more years) while shedding Baron now before we get caught up in any resign him or not drama. And let's face it, Baron will always be the guy you worry about for major drama. Billups is

Sheed at four for one year is better than Al at four while Wright develops.

And what are we really losing? Baron. What exactly is our plan for our fiery star anyway?
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:13 am
i would lve to trade for billups and prince instead... then try to work out a deal with the heat to get marion trading jackson and whoever else makes it work, like obryant or whoever... now that the heat drafted beasly it shouldnt take much...

that would make us better at every position...

billups
ellis
prince
marion
beidrinch

that starting 5 would be one of the best in the nba... much better then the lakers....

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:46 pm
no way the pistons let go of prince.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:50 pm
well isnt this trade looking toasty right about now
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
Previous

Return to Trades