baron and al for rasheed and billups???? wtf

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:26 am
i dont know about that one heres the link

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_9686 ... ost_viewed

what yall think

billups/?/watson
ellis/belinelli/?
jackson/?/?
wallace/wright/croshere
biedrins/perovic/?

i think we are better off trading al and the 14th pick and ? for wallace.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:01 am
Wow.............what a strange trade, and you didnt come up with it Mista!!! :wink:

Your right too, Id pull the Al and 14th for Wallace...........but nothing else with Detroit.

Although, Wallace, never really been sold on him, just looks lazy out there and he certainly doesnt seems to like playing for teams that arent serious contenders.

Ps: Damn, sounds like Kosta isnt coming back............maybe same kind of situation with Navarro, where some Euro team offers him 4 times the salary he would get here.

Jesus, not that I really care about Kosta............but how many players are we actually gonna have???..........scares me that Pietrus will stay, and then we will still have to throw around lots of Vets minimums on crappy players just to fill out the roster.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:29 am
davis
ellis
jackson
wallace
biedrins

belinelli
wright
posey(never know)
barnes
elson
?
?
?

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:51 am
Just a rumor!!! I don't think this monster trade will fall through...I think I would do this trade through i saw somewhere that Maxiell was in the trade also!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:06 am
Wow Jack and Wallace together that would not be a good combo.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:23 am
I might be in the minority, but a trade like this would be find with me. Billups and Rasheed bring some well needed veteren presence. We would have a great distribution of youth and veterin presence. How are our young guys gonna learn when they got no leadership from their peers presence. I do think we should also get Detroits draft pick as well though, cuz we are giving AL and Baron

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:33 am
Interesting, very interesting. I like the idea of getting a talented, scoring PF next to AB to take some pressure off our young center. I'm not a big fan of Al either.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:02 pm
The only thing from Detroit that I want is Jason Maxiel...and that is not going to happen.
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:06 pm
Let us not forget that Rasheed does like to hang out at the 3pt line an awful lot

It's me UR-NME just decided to change my name
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:27 pm
interesting trade scenario... I wouldnt do it for Billups and Wallace... I would be more likely to trade Baron + the 14th pick for T. Prince, Maxiell and Billups...

Billups/Watson
Ellis/Belinelli
Prince/Jackson/Barnes
Harrington/Wright
Andris/Maxiell

+ 2nd round Draft Pick

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:21 pm
Down in SoCal a sports talk host was just saying that Baron would never play for Nellie again. I can't say I believe that's true but it's interesting what's going around.

I wouldn't mind having Wallace at all. Billups and Wallace under Nelson? Sweeeeeeeet. Score score score!

BtW, we'd only have Wallace for one year. Billups would be around until 2011-2012.

Billups is a good replacement for Baron as he adds strength to the backcourt allowing Monta to be the lightning fast weakling that he is.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:44 pm
I would do this trade in a second! I love it. Especially if it did include Maxiell. Baron, Al, and the 14th for Billups, Sheed, and Maxiell...Detroit isn't that stupid though.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:54 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I would do this trade in a second! I love it. Especially if it did include Maxiell. Baron, Al, and the 14th for Billups, Sheed, and Maxiell...Detroit isn't that stupid though.

yeah they arent that stupid... but a trade of wallace, billups and the pistons 29th pick would be more realistic thats what i would doif i were mullin.

via trade
chauncy billiups pg
rasheed wallace pf/c

draft
29th pick- bill walker sg/sf
49th pick- james gist sf/pf

free agent
chris duhon pg

billups/duhon/watson
ellis/belinelli/walker
jackson/gist/pietrus
wallace/wright/croshere
biedrins/elson/perovic
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:10 pm
I like the trade too look at it like this, Baron is only a little better at scoring than billups and chauncey is a bit more controlled than Baron. But Sheed is better than any foward we have had in years, he would finally give us a legit low post big man scoring threat...and on top of that under nellie he can get away with shooting his 3's as well...
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:48 pm
sorry...no deal for this one...after baron did some good KARMA...he has to stay.....AL for Rasheed....DEAL...
Next

Return to Trades