With the first pick...

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What will Chicago do with the top pick?

Draft Beasley.
38%
Draft Rose.
62%
Draft other.
No votes
Trade it.
No votes

Total votes : 13

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:14 pm
bada wrote:sf, you must be thinking of someone else than Mayo. I am not a big fan of his attitude at times, but one thing nobody can deny is his work ethic. I have read that he is ALWAYS the first one in the gym and works as hard as possible to be the best player he can be.

He may be selfish and a bit of a show off, but that guy works HARD on his game. I think he is going to be a pretty damn good pro.

Yeah, I just dont like the guy. I never have. All I see from him on court is his constant showoff-ness (:mrgreen:) and his cocky attitude.

I hate him. I hope that he chokes big time in the NBA.

Yeah, nice and pleasant, I know. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:19 pm
lol @ SF! OK, I can understand where you are coming from. I dont care much for his showboating but I cant deny that he plays so hard, is a terrific perimeter defender and from all accounts has a determination along the lines of the greats that have played the game.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:56 am
I think it all depends where Mayo goes. He needs a good coach and veteran leadership around him if he's to learn how to keep his cool and use his game well. I don't know, that's my opinion at least.

Anyways, no matter who the Bulls pick, they're extremely expendable. Take Rose, and he'll be in a backcourt with Hughes, Hinrich, Sefolosha, and Gordon. Take Beasley, and he's in a frontcourt with Deng, Gooden, Noah, Nocioni, and Thomas. Either way, someone's getting traded from Chicago.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum