With the first pick...

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What will Chicago do with the top pick?

Draft Beasley.
38%
Draft Rose.
62%
Draft other.
No votes
Trade it.
No votes

Total votes : 13

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:47 pm
the Chicago Bulls select... ?

With the draft in a few days, many wonder what Chicago plans to do with the first pick. Will they take Beasley or Rose? Or will they trade it(Dwayne Wade)?

Beasley is said to be a tweener. Not big enough to be a power forward, not skilled enough to be a small forward. And with the era of big men essentially dead and the era of the guard alive and running, it seems someone like Rose would be the man.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:50 pm
theyd be stupid to not pick rose. derrick rose is a capable point guard who will be able to come in and make an instant impact in the NBA and would give the bulls a lot more options. first off, being from chicago, he would bring home town support to the bulls much like lebron did with the cavs.

secondly, picking rose would give the bulls flexibility with the point guards they already have. they can re-sign duhon and have him backup rose, or they can let him go and have rose be their guard of the future by backing up hinrich until he eventually takes his starting role. with the first option, they could trade hinrich for front court help or some veteran experience/leadership/cap relief to re-sign deng.

by picking beasley, the bulls are saying that they are either deng is not in their future plans, or that beasley will be their future 4 in which case they would need to re-sign duhon or get another PG. i wouldnt be surprised to see them make propose a trade for TJ Ford, but that would cause a couple problems for both the bulls and the raptors.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:27 pm
there is only ONE pick to be made at #1 and that is Rose. To me it is not even CLOSE. Rose should be the pick, or they should trade it to someone that would KILL to move up to #1 to pick Rose.
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:33 pm
i am not surprise if O.J mayo been #1 pick this year...he is really darn good....

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:26 pm
GSW United wrote:i am not surprise if O.J mayo been #1 pick this year...he is really darn good....

id be surprised as hell. both beasley and rose are extremely better than mayo and chicago doesnt need another shooting guard, which mayo is a combo guard who would mostly be a shooting guard in the NBA. theyre set with ben gordon. OJ Mayo is the type of player who needs to score to be successful. he'd be of more use somewhere else, not in chicago. i could see seattle, minny, or the clippers taking him.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:23 am
I voted for Derrick Rose, while Beasley addresses their need for a big man...I think Rose will be the superior NBA player. A case could be made for both players, but if I had to make the pick, i'd say Rose at #1
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:11 pm
It's Rose.

Same thing happened last year with Portland - will it be Durant or Oden, will they trade it?

Ultimately teams get tired of posturing and blowing smoke and go with the conventional wisdom.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:12 am
GSW United wrote:i am not surprise if O.J mayo been #1 pick this year...he is really darn good....

I'd be absolutely stunned
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:52 am
Quazza wrote:

Yeah, me too. Mayo sucks. I wouldnt pick him if I was in the top five.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:35 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
Quazza wrote:

Well don't hold your breath on that one just yet, it looks like he may be going 3rd to the Wolves.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:35 pm
xbay wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
Quazza wrote:

Well don't hold your breath on that one just yet, it looks like he may be going 3rd to the Wolves.

Yeah, I am not a general manager. If I was, though, I wouldnt pick him.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:42 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbay wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
Quazza wrote:

Yeah, I am not a general manager. If I was, though, I wouldnt pick him.

Yeah, he has a lot talent. But he also has baggage off the court. He's sorta like a Stephen Jackson clone... looks like they could be somewhat related too.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:00 pm
xbay wrote:Yeah, he has a lot talent. But he also has baggage off the court. He's sorta like a Stephen Jackson clone... looks like they could be somewhat related too.

Jackson is a guy that talks a lot but also backs it up. He has also been trying to watch himself.

Mayo is just a punk that thinks everything will come to him. I will bet you that his work ethic in the pros is terrible and the team that takes him will get tired of his attitude within the first year or so.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:06 pm
sf, you must be thinking of someone else than Mayo. I am not a big fan of his attitude at times, but one thing nobody can deny is his work ethic. I have read that he is ALWAYS the first one in the gym and works as hard as possible to be the best player he can be.

He may be selfish and a bit of a show off, but that guy works HARD on his game. I think he is going to be a pretty damn good pro.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:42 pm
bada wrote:sf, you must be thinking of someone else than Mayo. I am not a big fan of his attitude at times, but one thing nobody can deny is his work ethic. I have read that he is ALWAYS the first one in the gym and works as hard as possible to be the best player he can be.

He may be selfish and a bit of a show off, but that guy works HARD on his game. I think he is going to be a pretty damn good pro.

That's my impression too. Which guy who's been hyped like Mayo will be a humble guy? I don't understand the hate this guy is given. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Warriors if somehow a deal where Baron landed us a high pick could be swung. I love Baron but I think he's going in to his last season as a dub. Might as well get something good for him.
Next

Return to NBA Forum