Things to Do and Trades

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:33 am
1. Send Harrington to the Cavaliers for their 19th pick of this year's draft. I think this is something they would do and with them under the cap, they'd be able to absorb Harrington's contract. The Warriors get another first round pick along with another trade exception. Yup, just like what they did with Jason Richardson last Summer.

2. Send the 14th pick to the Suns for Boris Diaw. With the move above, this basically turns out to be trading the 14th pick and Harrington for Diaw and the 19th pick. Salary wise, they actually save a few hundred thousand. Diaw is a solid defender and able to play all 3 front court positions which would be huge under Nellie. He can handle and pass the ball like a point guard as well. Could be a 15, 8, and 5 player for this team while upgrading the defense. The Suns are looking for another draft pick and they would jump at the chance to pick up a lottery pick.

3. Send Baron Davis to the Lakers for Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza and Jordan Farmar. Davis, Bryant, Walton, Gasol, and Bynum would be a nice line up. The Warriors get some players to fill out the roster without spending anymore money. Ariza and Farmar would be nice players to have off the bench.

4. 19th pick of the draft = They'll have a choice of Alexis Ajinca, Kosta Koufas, Robin Lopez, or even Serge Ibaka. My first choice would be Serge Ibaka. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo9cP0c_okE

Line Up:

PG Ellis - Farmar
SG Jackson - Belinelli
SF Odom - Ariza
PF Diaw - Wright
C Biedrins - Ibaka

Jackson, Odom, and Diaw are all great passers which makes up for Ellis' lack of point guard skills. This would be a much better defensive and rebounding team. I love Baron, but re-signing him along with keeping Ellis and Biedrins will not be good for the cap for next year.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:09 am
Responding to your points

1. harrington to Cavs wont work, as it would be illigal for the salary cap... they dont have a 10mill trade exception like us. Plus just for a 19th pick would suck. But I like ur idea of trading harrington and his 10mill, but i like harrington, so it gotta be for something good

2. Suns are fielding offers for multiple teams for Diaw and barbosa, so a pick wont cut it... the Rapters and Blazers have a lot to offer besides their 1st picks, but i like the idea of Diaw... perfer barbosa though

3. Lakers would love baron davis, the warriors wont love lamar odom, ariza, and farmar after getting rid of baron... if ur going to trade b-diddy to the lakers, Gasol needs to be involved (gasol and farmar is fair)

thoughts?

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:18 am
all your points suck.

1. harrington for the 19th pick. id rather keep harrington than draft anyone available at 19.

2. 14th pick for diaw. diaw sucks. he's a slightly better rebounder than harrington but doesnt have any of the intangibles of al. he doesnt have the drive, work ethic, heart, and doesnt have the ability to spread the floor like al does with his range. there's a lot better we can do with al and the 14th than diaw and the 19th.

3. trade baron for odom and farmar. HAHA are you serious?! odom is good and would be a good big man, but he is inconsistent as hell. when he's good he's good...but when he's bad, he is BAD! plus he proved this year that he is much better when he is plaing the small forward spot than the power forward spot. and farmar is a backup point guard at best at this point. we would still have a major point guard problem.

4. drafting at 19. there is nothing good at 14 so wtf would we want with the 19th pick?

honestly, if any of these happened i wouldnt go to a single game. i really think al and the 14th pick could be packaged for something good.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:44 pm
odom? i dont want that choke artist.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:02 pm
Yeah that Lakers proposal sounds like the dumbest idea ever. Odom would probably be our first or second scoring option if we god rid of Baron and he has said himself that he can't handle the pressure. Also, why would the Warriors want to send our ace to a team that is already stacked and that is in our division??
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:08 pm
I don't want to watch the Lakers, if I did I'd be a Lakers fan. Why would we trade for their whole team?

I think a lot of people want to make a bunch of moves just for the sake of change. When you have a young core like the Warriors do you have to be patient and you have to make minor adjustments each year. Blowing everything up and starting over is for teams with a bunch of aging players who are past their prime or a bunch of awful players (i.e. Murphy and Dunleavy). We made our big move two years ago. Now, with young guys, we want to slowly and strategically assemble a strong crew around them that will aid them in their success. This is how you build a franchise that won't fall into another 12 years of irrelevance. Build for the future, even if it means you need to take a couple more rough years. Tossing all that out for a "win now" mentality will just lead to short term success followed by long term failure.

I know it's hard to sit around and wait, but let's be smart about it. This is a team with a lot of talent, amazing chemistry, a couple big holes, and a billion little flaws. Those little flaws and big holes can be fixed over time if everyone just has a little patience. If we try to fix them all at once we'll most likely end up with different flaws and different holes. Better to sit tight, make smart moves, and watch the team improve.
Last edited by Captain_Jack on Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:12 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I don't want to watch the Lakers, if I did I'd be a Lakers fan. Why would we trade for their whole team?

com on jack ol AJ is in your neck of the woods :mrgreen:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:17 pm
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I don't want to watch the Lakers, if I did I'd be a Lakers fan. Why would we trade for their whole team?

I would only watch the Lakers if Matt was on their team.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:31 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:

Matt...? who is Matt
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:55 pm
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:

Matt...? who is Matt

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:00 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:

Matt...? who is Matt

Im sorry Cap................but his hair looks like a Lego helmet in that pic. :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:07 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:

Matt...? who is Matt

OOOOOOOOOOHHH right , that Matt . My bad :mrgreen:
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:17 pm
my trade is give away 14# pick +AL+Pietrus for Josh smith....

i always like trade involved to allstar players.... :mrgreen:

varejao,diaw,odom,whatsoever....get the hell out here...

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:51 pm
GSW United wrote:my trade is give away 14# pick +AL+Pietrus for Josh smith....

i always like trade involved to allstar players.... :mrgreen:

varejao,diaw,odom,whatsoever....get the hell out here...

yeah this will no way happen. Atlanta isn't this dumb... plus the money wouldnt add up... and u'd have to add like brandon wright for Atlanta to be interested

now if this was Memphis...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:10 pm
bigstrads wrote:Im sorry Cap................but his hair looks like a Lego helmet in that pic. :mrgreen:

::lol:

bigs, now THAT was funny! This is spot on! I just played lego star wars with my son and his hair looks exactly like a helmet from that game. HA HA HA

Return to Trades