Varejao a Warrior?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:34 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:50 am
The Cleveland Cavaliers have been talking to a number of teams about Anderson Varejao.

One possible destination for Varejao is the Golden State Warriors. According to a source familiar with the talks, the Cavs would send Varejao and the No. 19 pick to Golden State for Brandan Wright. The Warriors hold a $10 million trade exception that allows them to take back a lot more money than they send out in a trade.

What do you guys think about this deal if it were to happen?
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:53 am
BDIDDY707 wrote:The Cleveland Cavaliers have been talking to a number of teams about Anderson Varejao.

One possible destination for Varejao is the Golden State Warriors. According to a source familiar with the talks, the Cavs would send Varejao and the No. 19 pick to Golden State for Brandan Wright. The Warriors hold a $10 million trade exception that allows them to take back a lot more money than they send out in a trade.

What do you guys think about this deal if it were to happen?



another HELL NO!!! trade. If the W's trade wright, they better get more than a whiny little bitch who can rebound and hustle.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:42 am
Horrible, horrible!!! trade................why would we need the 19th pick? and why would we need an up his own ass prick like Varejao.............as well as giving up on Brandan without really knowing what he can do.

Sorry, I just dispise people who did what Varejao did last summer..............total c*ck wipe. :evil:

All personal stuff aside, we need a big man who is a real force on both ends, who can be a reliable scorer down low.............and Varejao is not either of those, not really a shot blocker, not good with his back to the basket..............just a hustle guy.............we need more, especially giving up on Brandan.

Also, doesnt the TE have to be used in full? ie: not use it for 4 mil here and 3 mil there............I thought it had to be all in one go?
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:58 am
bigstrads wrote:Also, doesnt the TE have to be used in full? ie: not use it for 4 mil here and 3 mil there............I thought it had to be all in one go?


No, the trade exception does not have to be used in full. It is almost like a credit line. Say we used it for $4 mil, the Warriors would have a 6 mil trade exception and the team we traded with would have a 4 mil trade exception.

however the TE can NOT be used in a package. So the only way this trade could happen would be the Warriors trade the TE for Varejao, and then in a separate trade, we trade B Wright for the 19th pick.

Yeah, this trade blows balls!
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 737
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:18 am
Location: San Francisco (born and raised)
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:40 am
F no! What about a deal for Diaw, i hear the Suns are shopping him
One F'ing year and thats it. F*ck!
Image
http://www.myspace.com/djheebee
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:05 am
CouldItBTheChad wrote:F no! What about a deal for Diaw, i hear the Suns are shopping him


Sorry Chad, had to post the Diaw scenario as a new thread.............its interesting and doesnt deserve to be hidden/ignored in these awful trade threads............I gave you credit for reminding me though. :wink:

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:13 pm
I'm with bigs on the no on Varajao. Wright has much more upside than Varajao.

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:42 pm
If the W's traded Wright to Cleveland. I'm definitely not going to be a warriors fan anymore and believe me I will stop posting here!!! That's the day I know bringing in Nellie was a bad move for us!!! I said before he doesn't know how to play Wright and ideas like this are making me look like a genius!!!

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:44 pm
Also for Diaw if he ain't working out for the Suns why would we want him...Because the fans here are so desparate for someone...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:03 pm
bada wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Also, doesnt the TE have to be used in full? ie: not use it for 4 mil here and 3 mil there............I thought it had to be all in one go?


No, the trade exception does not have to be used in full. It is almost like a credit line. Say we used it for $4 mil, the Warriors would have a 6 mil trade exception and the team we traded with would have a 4 mil trade exception.

however the TE can NOT be used in a package. So the only way this trade could happen would be the Warriors trade the TE for Varejao, and then in a separate trade, we trade B Wright for the 19th pick.

Yeah, this trade blows balls!



Bada, I believe that the TE is one time use. If we happen to use it for a 4 mil player, that team gets a 4 mil exception and we lose the rest.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:39 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:Bada, I believe that the TE is one time use. If we happen to use it for a 4 mil player, that team gets a 4 mil exception and we lose the rest.


Actually that is not true. Take a look at this from Larry Coon's Cap FAQ

Teams can consume only part of a Traded Player exception, in which case they can still use the remainder in a future trade. For example, if a team trades a $4 million player for a $2 million player, they gain a $2.1 million Traded Player exception. If they later trade a draft pick for a $1 million player, they still have $1.1 million remaining to acquire more players and complete the trade (until one year from the date of the original trade).
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:15 pm
bada wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:Bada, I believe that the TE is one time use. If we happen to use it for a 4 mil player, that team gets a 4 mil exception and we lose the rest.


Actually that is not true. Take a look at this from Larry Coon's Cap FAQ

Teams can consume only part of a Traded Player exception, in which case they can still use the remainder in a future trade. For example, if a team trades a $4 million player for a $2 million player, they gain a $2.1 million Traded Player exception. If they later trade a draft pick for a $1 million player, they still have $1.1 million remaining to acquire more players and complete the trade (until one year from the date of the original trade).



huh? i thought i heard from fitz that its a one time thing, maybe i heard wrong, or my memory sucks! thanks bada
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:40 pm
no problem rob :)

these things get really confusing.

The TE is just a way to complete a trade. ALL trades in the NBA have to have a salary exchange within 25% of eachother. However when one team is so far under their cap and can absorb the complete salary of the player or players they are acquiring, they are not required to send back the matching salary amount. This creates an unbalanced transaction.

For example: Team A: 10 million in salaries acquired. Team B: $0 salaries acquired.

In order to balance the equation, a trade exception is triggered and issued to team B. Think of it almost as a credit line. We have up to 10 million in salaries we can acquire with that. But the line of credit expires in one year and cant be combined with other assets (players, draft picks, etc) and can't be used on FA's. We can "charge" the whole amount at once on this credit line, or we can charge a little here and there , or we can let it expire all together.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM

All Star
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:06 am
Location: East Bay
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:27 pm
BDIDDY707 wrote:The Cleveland Cavaliers have been talking to a number of teams about Anderson Varejao.

One possible destination for Varejao is the Golden State Warriors. According to a source familiar with the talks, the Cavs would send Varejao and the No. 19 pick to Golden State for Brandan Wright. The Warriors hold a $10 million trade exception that allows them to take back a lot more money than they send out in a trade.

What do you guys think about this deal if it were to happen?


It's a rediculas rumor. you're telling me we're trading our mid level exception (that every team in the league over the salary cap is salavating over) for anderson varejao? oh wait i forgot the part where we'd give away brandan wright just to prove we're completely out of our mind. LOL!!!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:48 pm
MANNNNNN... i am being tired of all this nonsense trade...varejao,diaw....is not i don't like your trade but those players can't fit in W's system and we need to keep our salary cap.Varejao (can't shoot) almost like Foyle,mbenga...diaw = Suns try hard to get rid of him coz he is 'money sucker' and for sure W's will not and never ever ever ever think about getting him....

why not just put some good name on the trade..like brand,D.howard,amare...at least sounds better :mrgreen: (kind of impossible)


just keep the #14 pick and sign monta & beans....

and do not ever look down on our #48 pick...who know we get the biggest sleeper in NBA history.... :wink:
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron