Diaw and Barbosa On The Block..........Hmmmm.

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:03 am
From what Chad said in one of the other awful trade threads............got me thinking again, and I like the idea of Diaw with us.

Also, can you imagine Monta and Barbosa together!!! wow........zoom! :mrgreen:

Anyway, I think Diaw could do some good stuff for us............the only draw back would be Nellie playing him at C most of the time, mind you.........maybe because hes already played there, ie: someone else thought of it and was innovative, he may not want to do it you know. :wink:

How about a resigned Pietrus and our 14th for Diaw? french man for french man..........probably not enough though...........maybe Al straight up for Diaw? Al makes slightly more than Diaw but it would be within the limits.

Credit to Chad for reminding me Id thought about this but not posted it. :wink:

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:47 pm
If you think Phoenix would trade Diaw or Barbosa within the division your crazy. Especially for Pietrus and a pick.
I doubt they would even trade him to a western conference team, or at least a contender in the west.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:01 pm
BDIDDY707 wrote:If you think Phoenix would trade Diaw or Barbosa within the division your crazy. Especially for Pietrus and a pick.
I doubt they would even trade him to a western conference team, or at least a contender in the west.

Hmm, didnt think of that............suppose its my turn to get shot down in the trades forum then. :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:10 pm
I have never been a big fan of Diaw. I think he is just another soft Euro. I would rather trade for a Wilcox or Collsion.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:30 pm
Wilcox, yes...Collison, no.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:34 pm
The Coooach wrote:I have never been a big fan of Diaw. I think he is just another soft Euro. I would rather trade for a Wilcox or Collsion.

I know what your saying Reg............I suppose I still cant get away from the way we play you know, especially with Nellie here for another year.

I suppose we need to think about the future and what the make up and style of our team is gonna be when Nellie is gone.

I of course want "that" big man as well, I just think that Diaw would be a good fit around good big men, Im definately not saying he should be playing C and PF minutes, although that is probably what would happen if he was here with Nellie.

Ohh and what Sleandres said, Wilcox definately..........Collison.........esshk.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:40 pm
I admit that Collison's game is ugly. he doesn't look smooth and he is sort of a garbage man. But I think we need that type of guy. He is like a bigger versionof Matt Barnes. He looks frail but he is actually a tough guy who doesn't back down from anyone. He also is a guy who won't demand the ball and doesn't have to have it to be effective. I think collisonis the typ of blue-collar guy that every team needs. he could be our Tariauff, or Powe. If you look at it in that vein it should make a little more senseto you guys i hope. What do you think?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:54 pm
The Coooach wrote:I admit that Collison's game is ugly. he doesn't look smooth and he is sort of a garbage man. But I think we need that type of guy. He is like a bigger versionof Matt Barnes. He looks frail but he is actually a tough guy who doesn't back down from anyone. He also is a guy who won't demand the ball and doesn't have to have it to be effective. I think collisonis the typ of blue-collar guy that every team needs. he could be our Tariauff, or Powe. If you look at it in that vein it should make a little more senseto you guys i hope. What do you think?

Makes sense, and you do need those guys around...........and we especially need those kind of guys to bring some graft to our game.

Its just the price he would come with, thats the kind of guy that does that dirty work and then gets a fat pay check because "you need those guys"........but doing what he and similar players do doesnt warrant the money they get (think Scalabrine too!)

I mean the guy earns 6 mil a year!!!.............if we could get him for a vets minimum, then Im down to have him has a garbage/energy guy............but not with that kind of price.

I also just dont like big men who primarily play inside but dont block many shots.........like Reggie Evans as well.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:32 pm
i like the idea of trading our 14th pick for Barbosa... we need someone who can play the point, push the ball, shoot and back up Baron... Barbosa sounds like the right guy for the job.

He's 26 years old and averaged 15.6 ppg last year. He's one of the fastest players in the league and would fit nicely in Nellie's uptempo, catch and shoot system. He has room to improve and he's already a proven commodity unlike any of the Warriors Draft prospects.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:31 pm
Mr.KC wrote:i like the idea of trading our 14th pick for Barbosa... we need someone who can play the point, push the ball, shoot and back up Baron... Barbosa sounds like the right guy for the job.

He's 26 years old and averaged 15.6 ppg last year. He's one of the fastest players in the league and would fit nicely in Nellie's uptempo, catch and shoot system. He has room to improve and he's already a proven commodity unlike any of the Warriors Draft prospects.

Only problem is that Barbosa is less of a PG than Monta is.............that guy is one of the most selfish players in the league, and as far as I see, has no PG abilities or even the will/desire to be one............he is basically a lesser skilled, diverse and lesser passing Monta.

It would be great to have him here...............but not as a PG, just a pure instant offense, off the bench, energy guy.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:26 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Mr.KC wrote:i like the idea of trading our 14th pick for Barbosa... we need someone who can play the point, push the ball, shoot and back up Baron... Barbosa sounds like the right guy for the job.

Only problem is that Barbosa is less of a PG than Monta is.............that guy is one of the most selfish players in the league, and as far as I see, has no PG abilities or even the will/desire to be one............he is basically a lesser skilled, diverse and lesser passing Monta.

It would be great to have him here...............but not as a PG, just a pure instant offense, off the bench, energy guy.

he isnt a true pg but Barbosa can handle the ball, push the tempo and he doesnt turn the ball over all that often... Having another guy on our team who can handle the rock can only help our team. he would take a lot of pressure off Baron and Monta and I feel he has enough ball handling skills to help spell Baron .

at this point in time Im all for trading our 14th pick for Barbosa.

I also like the combo of Barbosa and Ellis... so Dynamic.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:36 pm
We might as well trade our whole ****ing team for a bunch of 1,2 or 3's!!! Everyone here is sold on small ball will win us a championship!!! BD, Monta, Barbosa and who the **** to is gonna rebound and defend...

Nellie needs to get handed his walking papers now!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:19 pm
J-Rich wrote:We might as well trade our whole ****ing team for a bunch of 1,2 or 3's!!! Everyone here is sold on small ball will win us a championship!!! BD, Monta, Barbosa and who the **** to is gonna rebound and defend...

Nellie needs to get handed his walking papers now!!!

Unfortunately, our team has a couple of weaknesses... we need a Big Man who can rebound and defend the paint and we also need a back up pg who can push the ball and hit an open J.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:20 pm
BDIDDY707 wrote:If you think Phoenix would trade Diaw or Barbosa within the division your crazy. Especially for Pietrus and a pick.

my thoughts exactly. they probably wouldnt trade him in the same conference let alone the same division!

but yea, if phx was dumb enough to do it, you bet your arse i would want barbosa!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:25 pm
diaw sucks and he proved that this past season. he showed that his first season with phoenix was a fluke and that he is just like every other frenchman in the NBA except tony parker, which is just a filler who will be nothing more than a role player.

if we could get barbosa, i wouldnt mind...the only thing is he wouldnt be the solution to getting baron rest as he is a 3pt shooting monta that can defend better. he is quick, fast, and can score. as far as handling the ball, he's not a point guard. definitely would be a candidate for sixth man of the year with us tho.

i dont know why, but i still like the idea of getting duhon from free agency. as for our big man problem, trade harrington along with the 14th pick to get someone like mark blount, andray blatche, chris wilcox, or someone that is a pretty good rebounder/defender or rebounder/scorer.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Next

Return to Trades