Trading with Cleveland

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:44 am
Hey I'm a cavs fan who also really likes the Warriors. So needless to say I would love to see some of the Warriors players in Cavalier uniforms haha. But realistically, I'm mainly interested in BD and Harrington. So to trade for either or both of these players (assuming that BD opts out and a sign-and-trade happens), are there any deals with Cleveland you guys can think of that you would like?
Everyone on the cavs is tradeable for the purpose of this thread, besides Lebron.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:15 am
Well, I really cant speak for anybody else on this board, so just keep that in mind.

That said, I cannot imagine Baron going anywhere this offseason, especially to a team like Cleveland, which, frankly, other than LeBron, doesnt have that elite player. To trade an elite player like Davis, you have to get some serious talent back.

However, most of the people on this board do want Harrington gone. We have a young power forward in Brandan Wright that we feel would be better than Harrington at this point. Harrington is one of the most expendable guys on this team.

As I am looking over your team, I am not seeing anybody that I would LOVE to have. Do keep in mind, though, that it would be really hard to make a trade for Baron and Harrington, considering that they are the two highest paid guys on the team.

We need to get a good backup point guard and a good inside rebounder, and any trade that we make would be going for one of the two. Those needs are so big that we would probably overpay to get them, simply because we cant function without them.

I would be more than willing to trade Harrington for Anderson Varejao and Delonte West. However, it wont work financially, and I dont have the patience to crunch the numbers. I know that this may not make sense from your side, but those are probably two players that the Warriors would be interested in from the Cavs.

If you have a counter-proposal, feel free, but keep in mind that we NEED to get a point guard and a good inside rebounder.

By the way, good year for the Cavs this year. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:55 am
What I was gonna say Sf. :wink:

There isnt really much, outside of LeBron, that would make sense both in player talent terms and salary when thinking about Baron and Al going.

The only players I would want are West, Boobie and maybe Verejao...........but I dont like the guy personally, with how he handled last years contract extension, thought he was a total spoiled little, to big for his own boots, prick.

Plus, West and Boobie arnt really distributing point guards, or atleast they dont seem to have that total mentality yet, Gibson is a player I really like though.........and one that Cleveland is not going to give up obviously.

To be honest, I dont really see any trade with the Cavs that would make sense for either or both teams...........salaries and talent just doesnt match up.

Thanks for coming on here and being cool by the way Clevelander. 8)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:58 pm
First off, if you offered your whole team except LeBron for Baron, we wouldn't take it. So you're in a major hole if you want Baron.

The thing is, Cleveland has been looking for a compliment scorer next to LeBron. So Harrington would fit the bill perfectly. I'm not looking for more guards though since we have Baron, Monta, Azubuike, and Belinelli. Varejao is someone that I'd like. He can play defense and grab rebounds. He can't post up and score. That's fine, though. I'm not looking to dump Harrington's salary like some want, I'm looking to get some help in return.

Btw, welcome Clevelander. :hello2:

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:36 pm
me and a buddy were discussing what team would most likely want to accept baron and his 17 million... we both agreed cleveland would probably be that only team. Thing is, we both agreed no one in the Cavs is worth getting in return. The only way i want a trade with cleveland is if another team or two gets involved as well.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:21 pm
hahaha....there is no players in cleveland are fit into W's system(they good but they just not fit) ....maybe Gibson i probably will take.. :mrgreen:

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:26 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:me and a buddy were discussing what team would most likely want to accept baron and his 17 million... we both agreed cleveland would probably be that only team. Thing is, we both agreed no one in the Cavs is worth getting in return. The only way i want a trade with cleveland is if another team or two gets involved as well.

Sadly...I would have to agree with you about that haha. I LOVE the cavs, but I'll be first to admit that we don't have a whole lot to surround Lebron with. I figured most people would say Varejao/Gibson/Delonte because IMO, those are our most productive young guys. I figured those 3 would be good for GS considering I've been reading on these boards that you guys are looking for a back up PG/new starting PG and a good back up PF. Well Delonte and Varejao are the two best cavalier candidates to fill those needs.

I really like Al Harrington and would love to have him start over Big Ben, but a Varejao/Delonte trade for Harrington would help the PF slot but bring us right back to where we were with Larry Hughes.....without a starting PG...

What if there was a trade where the cavs sent Varejao/Damon Jones and possibly a pick to GS for Al Harrington?

This way Wright could come in and start, you get Varejao who can run with the up tempo, bring defense and rebounding, and establish some post play off the bench, and you get a back up PG in Damon Jones who can hit the 3 pretty well. I know Jones might not be your first choice for a back up PG, but if he doesn't fit in or he's just not what you need, his $4 mil. contract expires this upcoming season so he could be good trade-bait come februrary. I'd want to keep DJ here but Mike Brown won't work him into the rotation, which I'm not happy about. But what would you say to this?

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:36 pm
bigstrads wrote:Thanks for coming on here and being cool by the way Clevelander. 8)

haha thanks man
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:48 am
Clevelander wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:me and a buddy were discussing what team would most likely want to accept baron and his 17 million... we both agreed cleveland would probably be that only team. Thing is, we both agreed no one in the Cavs is worth getting in return. The only way i want a trade with cleveland is if another team or two gets involved as well.

Sadly...I would have to agree with you about that haha. I LOVE the cavs, but I'll be first to admit that we don't have a whole lot to surround Lebron with. I figured most people would say Varejao/Gibson/Delonte because IMO, those are our most productive young guys. I figured those 3 would be good for GS considering I've been reading on these boards that you guys are looking for a back up PG/new starting PG and a good back up PF. Well Delonte and Varejao are the two best cavalier candidates to fill those needs.

I really like Al Harrington and would love to have him start over Big Ben, but a Varejao/Delonte trade for Harrington would help the PF slot but bring us right back to where we were with Larry Hughes.....without a starting PG...

What if there was a trade where the cavs sent Varejao/Damon Jones and possibly a pick to GS for Al Harrington?

This way Wright could come in and start, you get Varejao who can run with the up tempo, bring defense and rebounding, and establish some post play off the bench, and you get a back up PG in Damon Jones who can hit the 3 pretty well. I know Jones might not be your first choice for a back up PG, but if he doesn't fit in or he's just not what you need, his $4 mil. contract expires this upcoming season so he could be good trade-bait come februrary. I'd want to keep DJ here but Mike Brown won't work him into the rotation, which I'm not happy about. But what would you say to this?

Hmmm..............well, considering I dont like Verejao much from a personality point of view, seems abit like a stuck up mercenary, that thinks hes better than he is.............there couldnt be a worse player for that kind of thing than DAMON JONES!!!...............man, that guy is a d*ck.

Ohh well, as you and we all have said, there isnt much to go by here, those two I just dont like personally but your right about the value of Jones's expiring contract and Verejao is pretty young still, so hopefully learnt from his debacle last summer.

The draft is coming soon, 2 more weeks.............and I still have the feeling that something big is gonna go down with us............so we will see. :wink:

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:26 pm
bigstrads wrote:DAMON JONES!!!...............man, that guy is a d*ck.

Ohh well, as you and we all have said, there isnt much to go by here, those two I just dont like personally but your right about the value of Jones's expiring contract and Verejao is pretty young still, so hopefully learnt from his debacle last summer.

The draft is coming soon, 2 more weeks.............and I still have the feeling that something big is gonna go down with us............so we will see. :wink:

haha yeah i've heard that people really think DJ is a jerk, but I mean i'm sure the only press about the guy is him saying something about how good he looks or about how he is the "self-proclaimed best shooter in the world" haha. So he may sound like a dick but he's really just funny IMO. It was awesome when he did the "you can't see me" deshawn stevenson face wave after he hit the game ending 3 against the wizards in the first round this year haha.

but yeah Varejao i think is more of a true jerk opposed to DJ just being funny about stuff. Varejao did get a little cocky with the whole contract stuff, but I think he might have learned his lesson after Mike Brown began benching him when Joe Smith came to cleveland :)

I have a feeling the cavs are going to make some kind of move soon too, but I have NO IDEA what they are looking to do....
we'll see i guess
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:50 pm
Clevelander wrote:
bigstrads wrote:DAMON JONES!!!...............man, that guy is a d*ck.

haha yeah i've heard that people really think DJ is a jerk, but I mean i'm sure the only press about the guy is him saying something about how good he looks or about how he is the "self-proclaimed best shooter in the world" haha. So he may sound like a dick but he's really just funny IMO. It was awesome when he did the "you can't see me" deshawn stevenson face wave after he hit the game ending 3 against the wizards in the first round this year haha.

but yeah Varejao i think is more of a true jerk opposed to DJ just being funny about stuff. Varejao did get a little cocky with the whole contract stuff, but I think he might have learned his lesson after Mike Brown began benching him when Joe Smith came to cleveland :)

I have a feeling the cavs are going to make some kind of move soon too, but I have NO IDEA what they are looking to do....
we'll see i guess

You may be right about Jones, Ive just never really been down with that whole attitude.........even if it is kidding around, if you cant walk the walk, then dont talk the talk..........and really, he isnt and has never been that good.

Anyway, stick around man, it would be good to have a different perspective on here, especially come draft time..........plus, weve had alot of problems with trolls from other teams over the years (mostly those backwards, mormon, sister f*cking, Utah fans the last year or so) so its good to have one of the "enemy" around that is cool. :wink:

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:00 pm
haha i'm down for sticking around in these forums because i'm as interested in what the warriors are doing as i am in clevelands plans. i just hope i dont start hearing how cleveland is garbage, because after all we did take boston to a game 7, and the lakers have yet to do so......just sayin.....haha
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:15 pm
Clevelander wrote:haha i'm down for sticking around in these forums because i'm as interested in what the warriors are doing as i am in clevelands plans. i just hope i dont start hearing how cleveland is garbage, because after all we did take boston to a game 7, and the lakers have yet to do so......just sayin.....haha

Nah, youll be cool as long as your cool...........if you start talking sh*t about us or how good your team is (perhaps in a non playful manner) then you will get it back hard.

If you were to get it back..............I would imagine it would be in the form of something like the fact that your team finished as the 4th seed, in the Eastern conference, played the better West teams half as much as we did...........and ended up with 3 less wins than us............when we didnt even make the playoffs with 3 more wins than you.

Thats how my slight on Cleveland would go.............but thats just a hypothetical example of course. :wink: :mrgreen:

On LeBron by the way, I love the guy, if there was any other player, and by default team, that I would pay to watch other than my boys...............it would be him.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:06 pm
i really kind of wish that the warriors and cavscould blend together to be probably the best team ever. every time i play nba 2k8 i always try to build my teams around warriors and cavs players haha
its just more fun that way

Return to Trades