Celtics or Lakers?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Who will win in the latest installment of this epic rivalry?

Lakers 4-0
No votes
Lakers 4-1
5%
Lakers 4-2
27%
Lakers 4-3
9%
Celtics 4-3
27%
Celtics 4-2
23%
Celtics 4-1
5%
Celtics 4-0
No votes
Who cares? Where's my monster truck rally?
5%

Total votes : 22

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:31 am
coltraning wrote:Man, I have yet to see a game where the Lakers have outplayed the Celtics, and Jackson's decision to play Chris Mihms in the 2nd quarter (a stretch where the Celtics outscored the lakers 11-0) is beyond baffling. It seems like the Celtics are playing smarter and with way more desire. And the MVP has yet to truly show up in this series...it could go 7, and the Lakers still have yet to put together 2 really good quarters, so I am not sure why they are still in this thing. Give credit to the Celtics for taking advantage of the wrestling rules by the ref, and playing inspired defense, as well as taking advantage of Euro-soft D and rebounding by the Lakers...

Yup, once again the refs change the game by allowing the so-called "physical, defensive" teams to foul. I hate that.

Still, Rivers is indeed outcoaching Jackson, a HOF coach who seems to be incapable of making changes during a game, unless you call those disastrous minutes by Mihms a change. What was that?

And Walton! He really doesn't look like he even belongs in the NBA, although putting him on Pierce the whole time was clearly a situation where he couldn't succeed. Was Jackson hoping for a miracle?

The Laker forums and talk-shows must be red hot right now.

In any case, both teams show the level of play the Warriors have to achieve and, man, that looks to be damned far away.

Finally, as strange as this series has been, it would not surprise me if there was a game 7.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:58 pm
xbay wrote:
Yeah, well said. I can't say the Celtics should have won game five, but they had a good chance because the Lakers did not close out the game well. They let the Celtics back in by committing dumb fouls and getting beat defensively. Paul Pierce was driving on them with ease. If the Lakers are to win both games in Boston, they're going to have show that they want it more because it seems the Celtics want it more... A WHOLE LOT MORE.

yeah...my son and I were screaming at Radmonovic and Gasol, just reinforcing that soft Euro stereotype. Posey had more hustle than the whole Lakers team, other than Bryant and Fisher. I like Mark Jackson's line, they were showing "fake hustle", and Van Gundy came as close to critiquing Phil J as I have heard from him, repeatedly asking what defensive schemes or film the Lakers were looking at in defending Pierce that way. I get the sense that VG was salivating at the chance to coach that team. The lakers just looked clueless on pick and rolls all night.

carlgo wrote:
coltraning wrote:Man, I have yet to see a game where the Lakers have outplayed the Celtics, and Jackson's decision to play Chris Mihms in the 2nd quarter (a stretch where the Celtics outscored the lakers 11-0) is beyond baffling. It seems like the Celtics are playing smarter and with way more desire. And the MVP has yet to truly show up in this series...it could go 7, and the Lakers still have yet to put together 2 really good quarters, so I am not sure why they are still in this thing. Give credit to the Celtics for taking advantage of the wrestling rules by the ref, and playing inspired defense, as well as taking advantage of Euro-soft D and rebounding by the Lakers...

Yup, once again the refs change the game by allowing the so-called "physical, defensive" teams to foul. I hate that.

Still, Rivers is indeed outcoaching Jackson, a HOF coach who seems to be incapable of making changes during a game, unless you call those disastrous minutes by Mihms a change. What was that?

And Walton! He really doesn't look like he even belongs in the NBA, although putting him on Pierce the whole time was clearly a situation where he couldn't succeed. Was Jackson hoping for a miracle?

The Laker forums and talk-shows must be red hot right now.

In any case, both teams show the level of play the Warriors have to achieve and, man, that looks to be damned far away.

Finally, as strange as this series has been, it would not surprise me if there was a game 7.

I agree....the most ludicrous was when PJ Brown looked like a left tackle knocking over lakers and there was no call. It is not bball when folks are playing bowling pins with impunity. That said, River's team is up, enthused and passionate, and the lakers mirror Phil J's smug and placid exterior. You could call the Ws many things, but they did not lack for hunger and fire this year. The Lakers seem spiritless. All said, I agree it could well go to a game seven, since the lakers who were the best team in the league after the Gasol trade have not shown up once this entire final, including no stellar game from the MVP. If they put together two of those games, they could still shock the world, but hard to see that. I do see a game seven, though, if only cause Stern and company would like the ratings and cash...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:45 pm
word.

the lakers jus seem so soft n play w/ nearly no passion at all. it seems they dnt wanna win the championship. i kno kobe does. fisher too. but the others... theyre all showin little to no hustle watsoever. if the celtics win the series, im not gonna be surprised. if the lakers win, its cuz they truly earned it cuz righ now... they dnt deserve to be there reppin the west.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 pm
Wow, the Lakers are getting slaughtered. From half way through the first 'til the end, the Lakers were NEVER in it. Odom, Gasol, Lakers bench... all were M.I.A. This Celtics team deserves their 17th title. They sure made a statement. The West is tough, but they don't have the best team in the whole league.

Cheers to the Celtics. And congrats to our locals Paul Pierce and Leon Powe.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:30 pm
God im happy to see la lose!
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:41 pm
This game was totally awesome.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:46 pm
haha...damn i really hoped for a game 7. now theres no kind of action for 9 days. cant wait til the draft! this offseason is taking so long!!!

on a brighter note...house n powe bringin some pride to the bay! woohoo! i wonder if eddie will be makin any appearances in hayward this summer. come back to his hometown and show some love.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:48 pm
Nobody caressssssssssssss who win the championship.....

Draft day coming babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....can't wait
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:57 pm
the celtics were absurdly good, and played with heart, smarts and the best D I have ever seen on Kobe. Gasol and esp. Radmonovic turned very very Euro by the end. Different story once Bynum comes back, but either Farmar steps up as a real PG or the league is going to employ Celtics scheme on Kobe like what happened to Nowshoski after Nelson solved him...great to see Garnett and Ray Allen get rings
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:25 am
Wow............ :shock: .................I said Celtics in 6.............but damn, I didnt say Celtics in the 6th game will trash those Fakers bitches by forty!!! :mrgreen:.............oops, sorry..............it was 39. Image

This makes me a little sad though =

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:47 am
happy to see floppy fish get shut gown....wonder if shaq was laughing his ass off, kobe hasnt done anything since shaq left.....kobe comes across like a big shot leader screaming at his players hogging the ball all season,and when the chips are down that bitch shuts his pie hole.
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:17 pm
As the one who started the "Celtics suck" thread... Well, they sucked then...

The good news for the Ws is that they know how to beat LA now. Just do what Boston did.. Well, at least keep the game fast and double-team and harass the LA bigs. They just don't seem to be quick-thinking or quick physically. LA doesn't have a top level point guard.

I am actually a Jackson fan, but he coached hardly at all and made no adjustments. It actually seemed to me that he was really surprised at how poorly his team played and kind of let them twist in the wind so they could embarrass themselves. Or maybe that was his way of telling management that he needed better players.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:27 pm
carlgo wrote:As the one who started the "Celtics suck" thread... Well, they sucked then...

The good news for the Ws is that they know how to beat LA now. Just do what Boston did.. Well, at least keep the game fast and double-team and harass the LA bigs. They just don't seem to be quick-thinking or quick physically. LA doesn't have a top level point guard.

I am actually a Jackson fan, but he coached hardly at all and made no adjustments. It actually seemed to me that he was really surprised at how poorly his team played and kind of let them twist in the wind so they could embarrass themselves. Or maybe that was his way of telling management
that he needed better players

starting with gimme the ball when were winning but im nowhere to be found when where getting spanked KOBE
T.S. Eliot

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:43 pm
JOEL wrote:starting with gimme the ball when were winning but im nowhere to be found when where getting spanked KOBE

yeah...even kobe was starting to play lazy in the 3rd quarter as if he had already given up, though they still had a whole quarter left to play. i mean, it sucks when your team gives up on you...but the leader isnt the last to give up, the leader is the one that never gives up. kobe showed a lack of leadership in game 6
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:08 pm
imo it wouldnt have been so bad if kobe gave up...what gets me is dude is screaming at his own team in game 5 then wants the ball every possesion in game 5 when its late in the game .....he always comes across so smugg.....like he is all that....which he is .....but when you are getting it handed to you and you hide out...well thats a biotch.......
just think dude is all hype then the heat comes down and kobe clown goes AWOL.....
T.S. Eliot
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum