Celtics or Lakers?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Who will win in the latest installment of this epic rivalry?

Lakers 4-0
No votes
Lakers 4-1
5%
Lakers 4-2
27%
Lakers 4-3
9%
Celtics 4-3
27%
Celtics 4-2
23%
Celtics 4-1
5%
Celtics 4-0
No votes
Who cares? Where's my monster truck rally?
5%

Total votes : 22

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:39 am
It is done, and who'd a think that Phil Jackson would be outcoached by Doc Rivers?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:03 am
coltraning wrote:It is done, and who'd a think that Phil Jackson would be outcoached by Doc Rivers?

I really dont think thats it.............if it was, then it would mean the apocalypse is nigh!!! :mrgreen:

I just think its the players, I mean no-one is really producing for the Fakers, even Kobe is struggling, there bench has been no-existent.

The Celts have had some great performances from players, and even the odd bench guy step up like Powe.

I want the Celts to win but I cant stand the fact that Doc Rivers will be thought of as a good coach for doing so. :roll:

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:36 pm
to me jackson is being out coached....3rd quarters all series belong to doc...he makes half time adjustments and bam he has won everey third quarter.....set plays after time outs....celtics have come in and scored ....
last night fisher was on and then benched late? odamn and gasass started out strong in first quarter and then later were ridding the pine....

i agree that the faker stars are in a twist....but to me that doesnt take away from the other areas
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:41 pm
I love how Boston is playing right now.

Honestly I thought Lakers would win in 5 or 6 but Boston is just playing fantastic defense.

I'm happy there winning too because Allen, Pierce, KG, and Doc are too great not to have a ring.

The Lakers have won enough recently plus theyll be even better next year with Bynum back anyway
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:48 pm
d1mex wrote:I'm happy there winning too because Allen, Pierce, KG, are too great not to have a ring.

Fixed that for you.

Doc isn't that great of a coach and I don't think he's outfoxing Jackson, although Phil is certainly proving critics correct that he is far from the second coming of Red Auerbach.

What's happening is that Boston is a more fundamentally sound defensive team and as games wear on they have the greater advantage.

I think we can also dispel any ideas that Kobe is Jordan 2.0 now - Jordan wouldn't show up in a must win game with 17 points. Although I do give him credit for his 10 assists.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:48 pm
Thunder wrote:
d1mex wrote:I'm happy there winning too because Allen, Pierce, KG, are too great not to have a ring.

Fixed that for you.

Doc isn't that great of a coach and I don't think he's outfoxing Jackson, although Phil is certainly proving critics correct that he is far from the second coming of Red Auerbach.

What's happening is that Boston is a more fundamentally sound defensive team and as games wear on they have the greater advantage.

I think we can also dispel any ideas that Kobe is Jordan 2.0 now - Jordan wouldn't show up in a must win game with 17 points. Although I do give him credit for his 10 assists.

yea thas wat i was tellin my boys last nite wen we were watchin the game. boston jus seems far too superior defensively. those guys jus swarm the lakers. also, gasol is wayyy too fcckking soft around the rim. odom has not been seen all series. nd the bench only showed up once.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:24 pm
the lakers will win the next game and the first game back in boston. then boston will win it it game 7. this series WILL go seven games. in game 5 boston loses but pierce has a boss game and leaves his hometown with a bang before returning to boston to win the ring in the 7th game.

the end.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:39 pm
E-Man wrote:the lakers will win the next game and the first game back in boston. then boston will win it it game 7. this series WILL go seven games. in game 5 boston loses but pierce has a boss game and leaves his hometown with a bang before returning to boston to win the ring in the 7th game.

the end.

well i would like 7 games...but if lakers couldnt put two games together after a win at home how are they going to do it after a loss and then in boston when boston is way better at home?
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:40 pm
E-Man wrote:the lakers will win the next game and the first game back in boston. then boston will win it it game 7. this series WILL go seven games. in game 5 boston loses but pierce has a boss game and leaves his hometown with a bang before returning to boston to win the ring in the 7th game.

the end.

You think Stern will be any cause of that?

I think it'll end in 6. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended tomorrow. The Lakers' self-esteem is on an all-time low right now. And the Celtics have proven they are just far too superior. No one's stepping up, playing along with Kobe. It only takes at least one person along w/ the Big 3 to win the game. If the Lakers are to win, they're going to need someone other than Kobe to do all the work.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:12 pm
xbay wrote:

the end.

I think it'll end in 6. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended tomorrow. The Lakers' self-esteem is on an all-time low right now. And the Celtics have proven they are just far too superior. No one's stepping up, playing along with Kobe. It only takes at least one person along w/ the Big 3 to win the game. If the Lakers are to win, they're going to need someone other than Kobe to do all the work.

i dont like being a conspiracy theorist when it comes to the NBA. i dont wanna believe that basketball has come to that. but there is the possibility that this year may be an experimental year as far as that goes. David Stern is gonna ride this series out and the season long "the NBA is back!" motto will be in full effect. im hoping this would be just a trial year.

very possible that it ends in 6 but ratings say it ends in 7. there is no way it ends 2mrw. kobe's kids will likely be in the building along with his wife and the face of the NBA will win on father's day, with a few mentions of kobe's dad during the game. bill walton will also likely be in the building cheering on his son luke (who will probably be the one to show up on the stat sheet alongside kobe) with possibly a sideline interview during the game..or at least during the half time show.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:18 pm
E-Man wrote:
xbay wrote:

the end.

i dont like being a conspiracy theorist when it comes to the NBA. i dont wanna believe that basketball has come to that. but there is the possibility that this year may be an experimental year as far as that goes. David Stern is gonna ride this series out and the season long "the NBA is back!" motto will be in full effect. im hoping this would be just a trial year.

very possible that it ends in 6 but ratings say it ends in 7. there is no way it ends 2mrw. kobe's kids will likely be in the building along with his wife and the face of the NBA will win on father's day, with a few mentions of kobe's dad during the game. bill walton will also likely be in the building cheering on his son luke (who will probably be the one to show up on the stat sheet alongside kobe) with possibly a sideline interview during the game..or at least during the half time show.

well daddy walton may be in the house...ok i give you that....but holly begeezeers luke showing up in the big game... i'll take any amount of money you want to lose on that bet.....

kobe kids in the house ok...but his wife wants nothing from kobe but the money...body language from ms. kobe is hellllaaaaa cold, dude is getting no juice from her. count that, dumb fool kobe lost his pie in denver. momma says tunnel is closed .
T.S. Eliot

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:25 pm
JOEL wrote:well daddy walton may be in the house...ok i give you that....but holly begeezeers luke showing up in the big game... i'll take any amount of money you want to lose on that bet.....

kobe kids in the house ok...but his wife wants nothing from kobe but the money...body language from ms. kobe is hellllaaaaa cold, dude is getting no juice from her. count that, dumb fool kobe lost his pie in denver. momma says tunnel is closed .

yeah walton showing up was a stretch...but i figured might as well throw it in there since thoughout the playoffs we've been hearing about how deep the lakers' bench is and how they have yet to show up.

i only said kobes wife would be there cuz someone gotta watch the kids. plus with the talk about how kobe cheated again it would be the publicity stunt with headlines like "kobe back out of the doghouse" and "wife shows kobe support in biggest game of his life" and sh*t like that. and if she is there then everyone will get to see how iced out she got after kobe's second cheating scandal.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:32 pm
E-Man wrote:
JOEL wrote:well daddy walton may be in the house...ok i give you that....but holly begeezeers luke showing up in the big game... i'll take any amount of money you want to lose on that bet.....

yeah walton showing up was a stretch...but i figured might as well throw it in there since thoughout the playoffs we've been hearing about how deep the lakers' bench is and how they have yet to show up.

i only said kobes wife would be there cuz someone gotta watch the kids. plus with the talk about how kobe cheated again it would be the publicity stunt with headlines like "kobe back out of the doghouse" and "wife shows kobe support in biggest game of his life" and sh*t like that. and if she is there then everyone will get to see how iced out she got after kobe's second cheating scandal.

she did get the ice fo sho...
but she also iced him...
going by the half time spot the kobe family got in game three...ms.kobe wasn't feeling the kobe dog.

i think la could pull off sunday..but i think they need odom to hit the Offense hard in order for that to happen.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:54 pm
Man, I have yet to see a game where the Lakers have outplayed the Celtics, and Jackson's decision to play Chris Mihms in the 2nd quarter (a stretch where the Celtics outscored the lakers 11-0) is beyond baffling. It seems like the Celtics are playing smarter and with way more desire. And the MVP has yet to truly show up in this series...it could go 7, and the Lakers still have yet to put together 2 really good quarters, so I am not sure why they are still in this thing. Give credit to the Celtics for taking advantage of the wrestling rules by the ref, and playing inspired defense, as well as taking advantage of Euro-soft D and rebounding by the Lakers...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:31 am
coltraning wrote:Man, I have yet to see a game where the Lakers have outplayed the Celtics, and Jackson's decision to play Chris Mihms in the 2nd quarter (a stretch where the Celtics outscored the lakers 11-0) is beyond baffling. It seems like the Celtics are playing smarter and with way more desire. And the MVP has yet to truly show up in this series...it could go 7, and the Lakers still have yet to put together 2 really good quarters, so I am not sure why they are still in this thing. Give credit to the Celtics for taking advantage of the wrestling rules by the ref, and playing inspired defense, as well as taking advantage of Euro-soft D and rebounding by the Lakers...

Yeah, well said. I can't say the Celtics should have won game five, but they had a good chance because the Lakers did not close out the game well. They let the Celtics back in by committing dumb fouls and getting beat defensively. Paul Pierce was driving on them with ease. If the Lakers are to win both games in Boston, they're going to have show that they want it more because it seems the Celtics want it more... A WHOLE LOT MORE.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum