2002 Playoff Series fixed?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:30 pm
I'm a bit busy w/ some stuff at the moment having to multi-task, but there have been reports from Donaghy claiming there was a 2002 playoff series that was extended to seven games because the NBA wanted a certain team to win. The series that was brought up? The Kings/Lakers series. That series is being accused of being extended by the referees in order to get the Lakers back to the Finals.

Another series brought up later on, the Mavs/Rockets series where it was accused of unfairly targeting Yao Ming. That came after the Mavs were down 0-2 in the series and Mark Cuban started running his mouth about Yao.

Thoughts?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:49 pm
they fixed it and now they are going to lie though there bones.
stupid refs .
I like pie

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:45 pm
come on now... no way anything was fixed... why would you believe words that comes out of donahgy's (spelling) mouth???
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:11 pm
pollykraker wrote:come on now... no way anything was fixed... why would you believe words that comes out of donahgy's (spelling) mouth???

Why wouldn't you? By this point, he has no reason to lie. He is done, anyways. I love how people believe the words of Jose Canseco and of BALCO about steroids, but not Donaghy about NBA cheating.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:35 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pollykraker wrote:come on now... no way anything was fixed... why would you believe words that comes out of donahgy's (spelling) mouth???

Why wouldn't you? By this point, he has no reason to lie. He is done, anyways. I love how people believe the words of Jose Canseco and of BALCO about steroids, but not Donaghy about NBA cheating.

nice take sf...canseco gets the nod but donaghy doesnt...hmmm ok... :D

to me if a another ref or two came out and backed up his story we may have something.
i cant call it either way.

he does have at least one reason to lie....lighter sentencing / better book..
i think time will tell the media doesn't seem like they are going to let this one rest
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:23 pm
JOEL wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

nice take sf...canseco gets the nod but donaghy doesnt...hmmm ok... :D

to me if a another ref or two came out and backed up his story we may have something.
i cant call it either way.

he does have at least one reason to lie....lighter sentencing / better book..
i think time will tell the media doesn't seem like they are going to let this one rest

yes excactly... he still does have reasons to lie... to make himself look a little better... if he brings in other refs.. then the story will turn from him being corrupt to the "league" being corrupt.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:24 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

not really sure what the jose conseco thing has to do with this topic.. no one brought that up... maybe people you have discussed both of these things with feels that way....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:46 pm
pollykraker wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

not really sure what the jose conseco thing has to do with this topic.. no one brought that up... maybe people you have discussed both of these things with feels that way....

I brought it up because Canseco and Donaghy are both authorities. They know what is going on with the game, but each are in a bad place, a place that nobody will believe them in. I just thought that it was interesting that people eat up what Canseco says but Donaghy is being trashed for speaking what he feels is the truth.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:39 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pollykraker wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

I brought it up because Canseco and Donaghy are both authorities. They know what is going on with the game, but each are in a bad place, a place that nobody will believe them in. I just thought that it was interesting that people eat up what Canseco says but Donaghy is being trashed for speaking what he feels is the truth.

i think with jose..folks are seeing more...as in he hella bulked up fast...
his crazy behavior off feild like domestic violence.. traffic violations , cockyness( spelling) not saying all these behaviors prove he was on roids but they are common with roid ussers....also he gave it up many times before the league fell...with his first speakings on the issue many tried to brush it under the rug...which is what the nba is doing now
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Return to NBA Forum