Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:19 am
pollykraker wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Mods, ban this mo-fo. :banghead:

Just kidding, man. :wink:

HAHAHAHA

its ok, the dodgers season is always a success as long as we finish ahead of the giants..

oh hell nah fck the dodgers. they can blow on one hard. fck the true blue. orange n black for life. :salute:

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:58 am
pollykraker wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Mods, ban this mo-fo. :banghead:

Just kidding, man. :wink:

HAHAHAHA

its ok, the dodgers season is always a success as long as we finish ahead of the giants..

If I was a Dodger fan I'd be pissed. They signed the Giants assistant GM and good old Ned has done nothing but sign bad contracts. I live down in SoCal and listen to Dodger and Padre sports talk all the time and they actually invented Christmas songs for the Jason Schmidt signing.

How do you like them apples now?
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:07 pm
look likes the A's aren't falling out like you giants fans called it
I like pie
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:37 pm
There are a lot of factors that go into a winning season.... division, park, talent, all of that. The A's have all the advantage in the world over the Giants simply because of who they play in their division. The A's are doing good, dont get me wrong, but if the Giants were in the AL West, and playing the Mariners and Rangers a billion times a year, they would be dominating, too. Also, you are in second place in, probably, the worst division in the league. The Mariners and Rangers are two bottom-dwellers... possibly in the worst five teams in the league. Just keep in mind that the Giants are playing the Rockies and D-Backs over and over again, in addition to the Dodgers, who have talent, but just havnt put it together yet.

So, yeah, keep in mind the fact that, no matter what, you cant tell the better team by the record. Obviously, though, the A's have been playing well so far, and they are probably more talented, not to mention younger.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:08 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:There are a lot of factors that go into a winning season.... division, park, talent, all of that. The A's have all the advantage in the world over the Giants simply because of who they play in their division. The A's are doing good, dont get me wrong, but if the Giants were in the AL West, and playing the Mariners and Rangers a billion times a year, they would be dominating, too. Also, you are in second place in, probably, the worst division in the league. The Mariners and Rangers are two bottom-dwellers... possibly in the worst five teams in the league. Just keep in mind that the Giants are playing the Rockies and D-Backs over and over again, in addition to the Dodgers, who have talent, but just havnt put it together yet.

So, yeah, keep in mind the fact that, no matter what, you cant tell the better team by the record. Obviously, though, the A's have been playing well so far, and they are probably more talented, not to mention younger.
Dbacks are the only legite team in you divison. playing texas doesn't help us were 2-4 against them. we have to play yanks(they will get on a run ) angels bo sox, tampa bay, cleveland and detriot will pick it up chi sox. the giants have to face dbacks cards, cubs, marlins, mets and phillies, milwukee. we don't have the worst division second worst. texas is like the dodgers talent just need a couple more years.seattle is your guys padres. angels are your dbacks. and A's are the giants counterpart.rockies had a fluke year. :mrgreen:
I like pie
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:34 pm
oaklandfanatic wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:There are a lot of factors that go into a winning season.... division, park, talent, all of that. The A's have all the advantage in the world over the Giants simply because of who they play in their division. The A's are doing good, dont get me wrong, but if the Giants were in the AL West, and playing the Mariners and Rangers a billion times a year, they would be dominating, too. Also, you are in second place in, probably, the worst division in the league. The Mariners and Rangers are two bottom-dwellers... possibly in the worst five teams in the league. Just keep in mind that the Giants are playing the Rockies and D-Backs over and over again, in addition to the Dodgers, who have talent, but just havnt put it together yet.

Dbacks are the only legite team in you divison. playing texas doesn't help us were 2-4 against them. we have to play yanks(they will get on a run ) angels bo sox, tampa bay, cleveland and detriot will pick it up chi sox. the giants have to face dbacks cards, cubs, marlins, mets and phillies, milwukee. we don't have the worst division second worst. texas is like the dodgers talent just need a couple more years.seattle is your guys padres. angels are your dbacks. and A's are the giants counterpart.rockies had a fluke year. :mrgreen:

The DBacks are the only team in the NL West that are good. The Rockies are a fluke, the Dodgers can suck one hard, and the Padres ain't doin' so well either. But our the rest of the NL is pretty challenging. The Cards are still a good squad when they're on their game, the Cubs are playin' well under Pinella, the Marlins are doin' better than when they had Cabrera and Willis, the Brewers ain't that bad either.

IMO, both league's are balanced out. You can't really say who's the better team because the NL is a pitchers league and the AL is a hitters league.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:48 am
xbay wrote:
oaklandfanatic wrote:

The DBacks are the only team in the NL West that are good. The Rockies are a fluke, the Dodgers can suck one hard, and the Padres ain't doin' so well either. But our the rest of the NL is pretty challenging. The Cards are still a good squad when they're on their game, the Cubs are playin' well under Pinella, the Marlins are doin' better than when they had Cabrera and Willis, the Brewers ain't that bad either.

IMO, both league's are balanced out. You can't really say who's the better team because the NL is a pitchers league and the AL is a hitters league.
yep you have a point but if they are balanced out and the A's are a better team with a better record. we in the hitters league right and we have the best era in the league. so my point is A's are very good pitching team with a good bullpen, with the giants good rotation with tim and matt , zito is coming along but they don't have a good bullpen or the bats to keep them in the game.
I like pie
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:03 pm
oaklandfanatic wrote:
xbay wrote:
oaklandfanatic wrote:

yep you have a point but if they are balanced out and the A's are a better team with a better record. we in the hitters league right and we have the best era in the league. so my point is A's are very good pitching team with a good bullpen, with the giants good rotation with tim and matt , zito is coming along but they don't have a good bullpen or the bats to keep them in the game.

Our pen isn't great, but their good enough. Keiichi Yabu has done well for us. And in his 6 games, Alex Hinshaw has been solid. Taschner's and Valdez's stuff are good for an inning or two. Ty Walker has had his problems as the set up man, but he can pitch well. And can't forget our savvy, young closer in Brian Wilson.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:18 pm
oaklandfanatic wrote:we in the hitters league right

I am not so sure that the AL is the "Hitter's" League anymore...

The NL has...
4 of the Top 5 & 9 of the Top 14 hitters for AVG
11 of the top 13 for HR
6 of the top 8 for RBI
10 of the top 12 for SLG % & OPS
5 of the top 7 in Team Run Total
6 of the top 9 in Team HR & RBI Total
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:09 pm
Alright fellas, guess who's coming across the bay to visit the Giants Friday-Sunday. That's right, the A's are.

Greg Smith vs Barry Zito, Friday.
Rich Harden vs Matt Cain, Saturday.
Dana Eveland vs Kevin Correia, Sunday.

I just wish that the A's would get to experience all the K's Lincecum would throw at them, but it's cool.

So who'll get the bragging rights by the end of the series?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:35 pm
best matchup is rich harden and matt cain

i expect the a's to win the other two

barry zito sucks against the a's (or anyother team) and i checked for kevin on giants web page couldnt find him on the active roster you sure he is pitching
I like pie
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:53 pm
oaklandfanatic wrote:i checked for kevin on giants web page couldnt find him on the active roster you sure he is pitching

Correia is coming back from the DL today. He got hurt pretty good and this will be his first game back. I am worried about him, though. I like him, but he isnt dominating even when healthy, let alone coming back from injury.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:51 pm
oaklandfanatic wrote:best matchup is rich harden and matt cain

i expect the a's to win the other two

barry zito sucks against the a's (or anyother team) and i checked for kevin on giants web page couldnt find him on the active roster you sure he is pitching

We'll probably lose the first game. Dunno about the second one, as it'll all depend on which Matt Cain will show up... Matt Cain from May or Matt Cain the ace. You'll probably take game three as well.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:24 am
a's will have a better record, but no one saw the giants doin this good so more props to them.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:40 am
rsxracer wrote:a's will have a better record, but no one saw the giants doin this good so more props to them.
no one thought the a's were going to do this good either they said a 90 loss team.i hope the a's dont blow out the yanks or we aint getting run support vs giants because a's never score the day after a blowout.
I like pie
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board