Elite XC-Feb. 16th

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:09 am
I had wanted to post this earlier, but haven't had the time. Don't know how many people around here are into MMA, but this fight was on Showtime on Saturday night, and is worth a minute (or 43 seconds) of your time if you missed it. Kimbo Slice v. Tank Abbott, this guy Kimbo Slice is an absolute maniac.

For anyone interested in somewhat of a story line, check this out first: http://punch.freedomblogging.com/2008/02/14/who-will-own-the-streets/#more-637/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbZCnQGiNXo[/youtube]
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:17 am
Definately an animal. I've just seen the Brock Lesnar v Frank Mir fight and Lesnar is a real animal that might become real good if he continues practising BJJ. Even though he got beaten by Mir, he was smacking him for the first minute or so before Mir got him in the ankle lock

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:24 am
Agreed, it would have been cool for Brock to win his 1st fight...but the way he looked, it certainly will not be his last. It was soooo great to actually watch him fight, when I was in high school and watched him in the WWE, I had always wondered what he would be like in the octagon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:50 am
Did you guys check out Kimbo bustin that dudes ear? Kimbo's got a long way to go to become a good MMA fighter, but he's got some quick hands, the dude's got some pop in his punches. I went back and watched the Tank Abbott fight and he destroyed him pretty bad.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:39 am
yeah i watched kimbo...but the dudes earhole was way jacked b4 even going into the ring.....i did like kimbos heart u could tell he left everything in the octagon....after the fight kimbo was gassed.
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:47 am
JOEL wrote:yeah i watched kimbo...but the dudes earhole was way jacked b4 even going into the ring.....i did like kimbos heart u could tell he left everything in the octagon....after the fight kimbo was gassed.

It was jacked, but it was funny how Kimbo popped that big ass bubble. He was gassed, he got on the ground too long It was funny because i was listening to the KNBR morning show and they were talking about it saying Kimbo was gettin his butt kicked in the second round when the dude had him on the ground and he was throwin punches at Kimbos head, but those were some of the softest punches i've ever seen.

Another funny part was where i could have sworn i saw Kimbo tap out, and the next thing i hear is the announcer saying Kimbo lettin the ref know he's OK! They hyped it up so much that Kimbo had to win, but he seems to be going about it the right way. He said he's got a lot of work to do and he does, but it's not his fault he got hyped up so much. Toe to Toe though, the guy is a monster.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:53 am
toe to toe dude is a brawler strong like a tree stump....i did like how he didnt get caught up in any of the hype....
i missed his (tap out)....but sounds right he was stuck .....if big ear would have had any streangth he could of finished kimbo....
another funny part was when big ear tried to hit the ref after the stop of the fight.....thought it was gonna be a doubble header for a second
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:16 am
JOEL wrote:toe to toe dude is a brawler strong like a tree stump....i did like how he didnt get caught up in any of the hype....
i missed his (tap out)....but sounds right he was stuck .....if big ear would have had any streangth he could of finished kimbo....
another funny part was when big ear tried to hit the ref after the stop of the fight.....thought it was gonna be a doubble header for a second

Yea, due was out on his feet, even though people said it was stopped too early, they probably didn't want the guy to get all Tank Abbott on them. It was a weird production, the dancing chicks were pretty hot, but the ring entrances were a little too WWE. Especially that guy that got jacked up, he came in with the costume and everything. I like the regular entrances like other MMA fights. I wish UFC got on CBS more than this, but I like watching Kimbo, reminds me of the anticipation i use to feel with Tyson. SOmebody is gettin fucked up.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:30 am
dude hella reminded me of tyson...kimbo an older version of the young tyson
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:46 pm
Damn, you wanna talk about lousy MMA fights. Last Saturday lacked the true stars of today's MMA. Kimbo was absolutely getting owned until he knocked the dudes ear so bad, it looked like it exploded. Kimbo was signed because he brings in fans and money, overall, he'd get eaten alive the way he fights against other top tier fighters. Seriously, if MMA wants to televise their sport nationally, make it UFC.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:42 pm
xbay wrote:Damn, you wanna talk about lousy MMA fights. Last Saturday lacked the true stars of today's MMA. Kimbo was absolutely getting owned until he knocked the dudes ear so bad, it looked like it exploded. Kimbo was signed because he brings in fans and money, overall, he'd get eaten alive the way he fights against other top tier fighters. Seriously, if MMA wants to televise their sport nationally, make it UFC.

UFC would represent the sport better, but I think Kimbo has the right attitude in terms of working at becoming a better fighter. At least he hasn't bought into his own hype. But I know a lot of us watch hoping for results similar to the youtube street fights.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:44 pm
The UFC Is on it's way out. All the real fighters are gone. Rampage is gone once he loses the belt, and the organization will have nothing but the kids from there reality show.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:17 pm
UFC is by far the most talented filled MMA organisation, not even close.

UFC 85 just finished and looks like Matt Hughes is falling behind the up and coming welterweights. Thiago Alves just beat him pretty easily.

BJ Penn could be Lightweight champion for as long as he wants as there isn't anyone in that division right now that can match his skills

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:39 pm
**** i wanna see this video...anyone got any working links
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:59 am
migya wrote:UFC is by far the most talented filled MMA organisation, not even close.

UFC 85 just finished and looks like Matt Hughes is falling behind the up and coming welterweights. Thiago Alves just beat him pretty easily.

BJ Penn could be Lightweight champion for as long as he wants as there isn't anyone in that division right now that can match his skills

Yeah miggy, BJ Penn seems absolutley unstopable...anyone that would say UFC is on its way out must not have a functioning brain.
Next

Return to Sports Board