raiders or niners

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:11 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
d1mex wrote:Ok here we go the old Raiders or Niners debate.

I honestly think as a Raiders fan that the Raiders have the better overall team. We may have people who are inexperienced (Russell/DMC) but at least we know who's gonna start. Unlike SF who's thinking about Smith, Hill, or even my god JT O'Sullivan (!). Both O line's suck pretty much. WR's Raiders have better no doubt there. RB Raiders have a better plethora of them, Niners just have Gore. TE Davis could be a beast but Miller has been way more productive. Defensive line Raiders have outdone the Niners, Burgess, Kelly should be good. CB's Raiders have both Nnamdi and D-Hall Niners just have Clements. I'll give the Raiders the advantage in the Safety department because of the signing of Gibril Wilson. LB's both are very solid. Willis is an absolute beast, but the Raiders have two players that are very very good, Howard and Morrison.

Raiders are the better team no doubt.

I think our QB situation is really holding us back, but as of now I think Gore is still better than the Raiders tandem, until McFadden proves he is as good as he seems. Fargas is pretty good though. Hopefully Deshaun Foster can be a solid backup. Our receivers are really weak, so it's no secret the Raiders probably have us beat there , but the Raiders receivers aren't all that good either. Let's not pin all hopes on Javon. VD may not have had the breakout season as a receiver, but who would you rather have as your TE? you know Al Davis likes freaks of nature. DLINE.... no comment! haha, but we will be improved I believe, and Sopoaga could be an X factor. Tommy Kelley is good, but Burgess is declining a bit. LB's is a good matchup. HOward/Morrison, Lawson/Willis, those are some fast LB's, but I think the Niners have the edge here in terms of versatility. O Line, I think the niners have more potential, we just have to shed a guy like Jennings. We gotta go young and develop guys like staley and baas and so on.

We'll have to see about Hall, because he is a bit overrated. Talented, but hasn't lived up to it. The Niners can be pretty deep at CB if our guys like spencer and harris play to potential. Not spectacular but pretty good. And I think our safeties are better as well. We will have to see though, because things never work out how you think they will. We thought Gore was gonna have a dominant year and he didn't come close because of the line, the Raiders thought they would have a dominant D and they didn't.

I think this is the most unbiased post here.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:06 am
xbay wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

I honestly think as a Raiders fan that the Raiders have the better overall team. We may have people who are inexperienced (Russell/DMC) but at least we know who's gonna start. Unlike SF who's thinking about Smith, Hill, or even my god JT O'Sullivan (!). Both O line's suck pretty much. WR's Raiders have better no doubt there. RB Raiders have a better plethora of them, Niners just have Gore. TE Davis could be a beast but Miller has been way more productive. Defensive line Raiders have outdone the Niners, Burgess, Kelly should be good. CB's Raiders have both Nnamdi and D-Hall Niners just have Clements. I'll give the Raiders the advantage in the Safety department because of the signing of Gibril Wilson. LB's both are very solid. Willis is an absolute beast, but the Raiders have two players that are very very good, Howard and Morrison.

I think our QB situation is really holding us back, but as of now I think Gore is still better than the Raiders tandem, until McFadden proves he is as good as he seems. Fargas is pretty good though. Hopefully Deshaun Foster can be a solid backup. Our receivers are really weak, so it's no secret the Raiders probably have us beat there , but the Raiders receivers aren't all that good either. Let's not pin all hopes on Javon. VD may not have had the breakout season as a receiver, but who would you rather have as your TE? you know Al Davis likes freaks of nature. DLINE.... no comment! haha, but we will be improved I believe, and Sopoaga could be an X factor. Tommy Kelley is good, but Burgess is declining a bit. LB's is a good matchup. HOward/Morrison, Lawson/Willis, those are some fast LB's, but I think the Niners have the edge here in terms of versatility. O Line, I think the niners have more potential, we just have to shed a guy like Jennings. We gotta go young and develop guys like staley and baas and so on.

We'll have to see about Hall, because he is a bit overrated. Talented, but hasn't lived up to it. The Niners can be pretty deep at CB if our guys like spencer and harris play to potential. Not spectacular but pretty good. And I think our safeties are better as well. We will have to see though, because things never work out how you think they will. We thought Gore was gonna have a dominant year and he didn't come close because of the line, the Raiders thought they would have a dominant D and they didn't.

i agree RobDIKUM is pretty straight shooter, unlike some other NINERS TROLLS who lurk this board. He gives credit where credit is due,

I don't tend to agree with some of his points as in i think the Raiders have the better Safeties and i don't think Deangelo Hall is overrated (just people tend to focus on his off field problems more then his on field stuff)
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:06 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
xbay wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

i agree RobDIKUM is pretty straight shooter, unlike some other NINERS TROLLS who lurk this board. He gives credit where credit is due,

I don't tend to agree with some of his points as in i think the Raiders have the better Safeties and i don't think Deangelo Hall is overrated (just people tend to focus on his off field problems more then his on field stuff)

I guess I say overrated because he overrates himself! lol he made himself the second coming of Deion, and while he has the skills physically, he hasn't applied that to become the best. Either way, I'm excited to see what's upcoming. I'm sure this board is gonna heat up during football season.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:30 am
heat up it will.... i am ready for training camp....
looking forward to see if the new Oline coach tom cable can help turn our offense around....we have a running game and if the line can give russell a little time it could be all good...
cable has a great record in college and nfl.

just made my last payment for my season tics....
bout ready to get out my tailgate que....cus beer is been in the cooler for a minute
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:54 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
xbay wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

I'm assuming you're pointing that finger at sf. Because I try my best to stay unbiased when it comes to Raiders/Niners. Sfx3 is just a straight up fiend. Not saying that's a bad thing, sf... it's nice to know a Niner faithful will defend his team like that. Hell, I would too... but I choose not to.

Anyways, I agree Hall is pretty overrated. He gets into spats with his coaches, and has an easier temper to flare. I remember when Steve Smith and DeAngelo faced each other, Smith only had one catch for ten yards, but what he did best was piss the FCK out of Hall to the point where he got a bunch of penalties like being unsporting.

And then people RAVE about Hall's speed, like in Madden it's rated 99 in speed. Yet, he got burned by Terrell Owens so bad, it was just embarrassing. I know, it's Owens we're talking about, but Owens isn't a speed receiver.

But if you want someone's REAL TAKE on DeAngelo. Ask TMC, since his Bucs saw him twice every year.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:40 pm
xbay wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
xbay wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

I'm assuming you're pointing that finger at sf. Because I try my best to stay unbiased when it comes to Raiders/Niners. Sfx3 is just a straight up fiend. Not saying that's a bad thing, sf... it's nice to know a Niner faithful will defend his team like that. Hell, I would too... but I choose not to.

Anyways, I agree Hall is pretty overrated. He gets into spats with his coaches, and has an easier temper to flare. I remember when Steve Smith and DeAngelo faced each other, Smith only had one catch for ten yards, but what he did best was piss the FCK out of Hall to the point where he got a bunch of penalties like being unsporting.

And then people RAVE about Hall's speed, like in Madden it's rated 99 in speed. Yet, he got burned by Terrell Owens so bad, it was just embarrassing. I know, it's Owens we're talking about, but Owens isn't a speed receiver.

But if you want someone's REAL TAKE on DeAngelo. Ask TMC, since his Bucs saw him twice every year.

Similar to they hype around pacman, though hall is better, he doesn't shut people down like a champ bailey. Owens is incredibly fast though, one of the faster receivers in the game and that's saying something considering his frame.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:14 pm
xbay wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
xbay wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

HAHA LOL yes it's mainly SFSFSF!!!

& as for T.O outspeeding DeAngelo Hall i think you'll find it has nothing to do with one on one speed but rather DeAngelo wanting to go for the big play interception rather then play his man tight, DeAngelo is only concerned about himself, his the type of player who'd be happy with 2 interceptions on the day but his team loses. I bet when he plays against T.O he's focused to much on the Quarterbacks reaction then focusing on T.O

Oh well DeAngelo got a lot to prove because basically he's our 2nd CB option. He'll need to prove a lot to the coaches to overtake Scrabble on the CB Depth chart and Quite frankly i'd rather Ashomugha guard your Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson ect and then DeAngelo Hall can have a field day on defending the 2nd best Wide Receiver on the opposition. Cause last year Scrabble locked down his man so good that i think Quarterbacks averaged less then 2 passes thrown Scrabbles way cause he was just such a Defensive threat coaches didn't want to test Asomugha!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:35 pm
Jesus, we really talking Raiders/Niners, which isnt even a debate, in like nine different threads? :shock:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:45 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
xbay wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
xbay wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

HAHA LOL yes it's mainly SFSFSF!!!

& as for T.O outspeeding DeAngelo Hall i think you'll find it has nothing to do with one on one speed but rather DeAngelo wanting to go for the big play interception rather then play his man tight, DeAngelo is only concerned about himself, his the type of player who'd be happy with 2 interceptions on the day but his team loses. I bet when he plays against T.O he's focused to much on the Quarterbacks reaction then focusing on T.O

Oh well DeAngelo got a lot to prove because basically he's our 2nd CB option. He'll need to prove a lot to the coaches to overtake Scrabble on the CB Depth chart and Quite frankly i'd rather Ashomugha guard your Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson ect and then DeAngelo Hall can have a field day on defending the 2nd best Wide Receiver on the opposition. Cause last year Scrabble locked down his man so good that i think Quarterbacks averaged less then 2 passes thrown Scrabbles way cause he was just such a Defensive threat coaches didn't want to test Asomugha!!!

That's the thing. DeAngelo is just like any other player in the league. He's got the tools and mechanics to be a GREAT corner, yet he can't be one. Why? His downfall is his cockiness. And until he finally stops worrying about trying to make history and make his stat book look good, he'll stay overrated.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:40 am
hall is terrible. overrated is a word commonly used for him. and thas about right. hes a selfish SOB. hes jus like terrell owens jus w/o the great stats. his ego will always hurt the chances of how well he could potentially do well. his cockiness has always been his downfall.

alex smith sucks. hes in what? his 4th season. no more excuses for this loser. we should see results by the 3rd yr. the 4th yr is where we see if hes the future or not. so we'll see his sorry butt playin backup or he'll be here for a while.

gore is gonna be a beast. n wit mike martz controllin the offense, hes gonna be the centerpiece they build around.

fargas is good. but lets see him have another yr like last season before we say anythin. mcfadden will not be another reggie bush. i think he'll be better. the darkhorse... michael bush. i think this kid will turn out to be their future back. remember, he wouldve been a top 5 pick if it werent for the injuries.

ima break it down...

niners qb > raiders qb... once russell shows wat he can do, then it'll change.

niners rb > raiders rb... gore > fargas. mcfadden is still unproven. foster is a good backup.

niners fb = raiders fb... norris is the reason why gore does well. griffith is a beast.

niners ol < raiders ol... jennings can only run block. allen is done. heitmann, baas, snyder struggle to keep their blocks. n staley is the best one on the line.

niners te = raiders te... the jurys still out.

niners wr = raiders wr... bruce is old. battle is an good #2. walker is a good pickup if u get the packers javon walker. its hard to judge here.

niners dl < raiders dl... our dl only produced sacks against a banged up rams oline.

niners lb > raiders lb... say wat u want about the morrison/howard combo but willis is a fcking insane machine n lawson is jus as good as howard. banta-cain was pretty good as well.

niners db > raiders db... i jus dnt like hall. asomugha is awesome tho. but i still think clements/harris/spencer is better than hall/asomugha/washington.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:13 am
ima break it down...
rsxracer wrote:niners qb > raiders qb... once russell shows wat he can do, then it'll change.

Yeah Axel Rose Smith needs to wake up and play the shotgun roses. Alex Smith last 2 seasons has proven his a bonafide bust. Russell won't have to do much except turn up on Sunday to knock A Smiyh off the mantel

rsxracer wrote:niners rb > raiders rb... gore > fargas. mcfadden is still unproven. foster is a good backup.

Raiders might not have had the proven runner last season. But Fargas earned his keep and we have 2 wildcards in McFadden and Bush in this backfield... Your assesment is right from last season rsxracer however we just invested to heavily into the running game for this season that i think once the season starts. Raiders will chew more dirt as the season progesses

rsxracer wrote:niners fb = raiders fb... norris is the reason why gore does well. griffith is a beast.

Good assesment. you got that on lockdown theory!!!

rsxracer wrote:niners ol < raiders ol... jennings can only run block. allen is done. heitmann, baas, snyder struggle to keep their blocks. n staley is the best one on the line.

Kwame Harris better not bring some bad traits, Cause with the loss of Newberry to the Chargers this could be a weak point to exploit... (Lucky his playing alongside Robert Gallery, i think the dude did well with guarding the Tackles and blitzing linebackers. i just thought Gallery had major problems with defending the pass rushing ends.. when the actions in closer to the snap of the ball the big pirates got good vision and awareness on run blocking and moving the ball up.

rsxracer wrote:niners te = raiders te... the jurys still out.

Damn RSXRACER, You gotz my respect on this assessment too... The Nation is really happy with the progress of Zach Miller. Vernon Davis is a big receiving body which wil cause headaches to safeties across the NFC... You just need Alex Smith to develop that streaky chemistry and relize when it's time to hook up and get your VD Check then you gotta do it.... I think both franchises are happy at the progress of there 1st round Tight Ends.

rsxracer wrote:niners wr = raiders wr... bruce is old. battle is an good #2. walker is a good pickup if u get the packers javon walker. its hard to judge here.

Yeh big Al Davis through a lot of coin at guys who've had knee operations. it be tough cookie crumbs if Tommy Kelly, Javon Walker, Drew Carter Kalimba Edwards ect all the new FA Signings with knee history drop out of the season early to get more operation... I think Javon Walker has really got to step up and take that mantle away of primma Dona no.1 Wide Receiver cause Jerry Porter and Randy Moss have both been big mouthed wiggidiots.... Hopefully Javon keeps up to his end of the deal and brings some leadership to the no.1 wideout jersey otherwise i'll be sick and tired of it and be rooting for Ronald Curry to get the go to guy title cause that dude ain't complained all his campaigns throughout his career. Dude just turns up and get things done.

rsxracer wrote:niners dl < raiders dl... our dl only produced sacks against a banged up rams oline.

I hope this is true... Cause everyone has complained Al Davis havn't really addressed the LINE in the draft or Free Agency... i just think the retirement of Warren Sapp has opened a starting gig for this big man mountain.... i seriously think this dude will have 7-8 Sacks on the season and people will compare him to Warren Sapp dominating that 3 Technique DT Position.

rsxracer wrote:niners lb > raiders lb... say wat u want about the morrison/howard combo but willis is a fcking insane machine n lawson is jus as good as howard. banta-cain was pretty good as well.

Yeah Aight, Patrick Willis was a stud pickup and i'd probably agree you want to build the dynasty around a household name as opposed to 2 great blue collared workers... you can have your Kobe at Middle Linebacker, But i'd take my Baron Howard and Monta Morrisson proving how the backcourt keeps **** locked down.

rsxracer wrote:niners db > raiders db... i jus dnt like hall. asomugha is awesome tho. but i still think clements/harris/spencer is better than hall/asomugha/washington.

Washington got traded dude... he now rocks the Baltimore gurnsey... i think DeAngelo Hall is gonna do a lot of growing up playing 2nd option to Asomugha... his mouth won't be running like as if his trying to guard a Randy Moss, TO or Chad Johnson DeAngelo is gonna have the 2nd wide receiver the man who doesn't have to focus on the cameras and is just doing his job.

RSXRACER Mad props for leaving out the Punting Arguement we all know Shane Lechler has dominated the position and his a multiple BRO BOWLER... he'll be headed to Canton probably even before Ray Guy makes it ;-P
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:29 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:ima break it down...
rsxracer wrote:niners qb > raiders qb... once russell shows wat he can do, then it'll change.

Yeah Axel Rose Smith needs to wake up and play the shotgun roses. Alex Smith last 2 seasons has proven his a bonafide bust. Russell won't have to do much except turn up on Sunday to knock A Smiyh off the mantel

rsxracer wrote:niners rb > raiders rb... gore > fargas. mcfadden is still unproven. foster is a good backup.

Raiders might not have had the proven runner last season. But Fargas earned his keep and we have 2 wildcards in McFadden and Bush in this backfield... Your assesment is right from last season rsxracer however we just invested to heavily into the running game for this season that i think once the season starts. Raiders will chew more dirt as the season progesses

rsxracer wrote:niners fb = raiders fb... norris is the reason why gore does well. griffith is a beast.

Good assesment. you got that on lockdown theory!!!

rsxracer wrote:niners ol < raiders ol... jennings can only run block. allen is done. heitmann, baas, snyder struggle to keep their blocks. n staley is the best one on the line.

Kwame Harris better not bring some bad traits, Cause with the loss of Newberry to the Chargers this could be a weak point to exploit... (Lucky his playing alongside Robert Gallery, i think the dude did well with guarding the Tackles and blitzing linebackers. i just thought Gallery had major problems with defending the pass rushing ends.. when the actions in closer to the snap of the ball the big pirates got good vision and awareness on run blocking and moving the ball up.

rsxracer wrote:niners te = raiders te... the jurys still out.

Damn RSXRACER, You gotz my respect on this assessment too... The Nation is really happy with the progress of Zach Miller. Vernon Davis is a big receiving body which wil cause headaches to safeties across the NFC... You just need Alex Smith to develop that streaky chemistry and relize when it's time to hook up and get your VD Check then you gotta do it.... I think both franchises are happy at the progress of there 1st round Tight Ends.

rsxracer wrote:niners wr = raiders wr... bruce is old. battle is an good #2. walker is a good pickup if u get the packers javon walker. its hard to judge here.

Yeh big Al Davis through a lot of coin at guys who've had knee operations. it be tough cookie crumbs if Tommy Kelly, Javon Walker, Drew Carter Kalimba Edwards ect all the new FA Signings with knee history drop out of the season early to get more operation... I think Javon Walker has really got to step up and take that mantle away of primma Dona no.1 Wide Receiver cause Jerry Porter and Randy Moss have both been big mouthed wiggidiots.... Hopefully Javon keeps up to his end of the deal and brings some leadership to the no.1 wideout jersey otherwise i'll be sick and tired of it and be rooting for Ronald Curry to get the go to guy title cause that dude ain't complained all his campaigns throughout his career. Dude just turns up and get things done.

rsxracer wrote:niners dl < raiders dl... our dl only produced sacks against a banged up rams oline.

I hope this is true... Cause everyone has complained Al Davis havn't really addressed the LINE in the draft or Free Agency... i just think the retirement of Warren Sapp has opened a starting gig for this big man mountain.... i seriously think this dude will have 7-8 Sacks on the season and people will compare him to Warren Sapp dominating that 3 Technique DT Position.

rsxracer wrote:niners lb > raiders lb... say wat u want about the morrison/howard combo but willis is a fcking insane machine n lawson is jus as good as howard. banta-cain was pretty good as well.

Yeah Aight, Patrick Willis was a stud pickup and i'd probably agree you want to build the dynasty around a household name as opposed to 2 great blue collared workers... you can have your Kobe at Middle Linebacker, But i'd take my Baron Howard and Monta Morrisson proving how the backcourt keeps **** locked down.

rsxracer wrote:niners db > raiders db... i jus dnt like hall. asomugha is awesome tho. but i still think clements/harris/spencer is better than hall/asomugha/washington.

Washington got traded dude... he now rocks the Baltimore gurnsey... i think DeAngelo Hall is gonna do a lot of growing up playing 2nd option to Asomugha... his mouth won't be running like as if his trying to guard a Randy Moss, TO or Chad Johnson DeAngelo is gonna have the 2nd wide receiver the man who doesn't have to focus on the cameras and is just doing his job.

RSXRACER Mad props for leaving out the Punting Arguement we all know Shane Lechler has dominated the position and his a multiple BRO BOWLER... he'll be headed to Canton probably even before Ray Guy makes it ;-P

i pretty much agree with you. the raiders have alot of question marks heading into the season but overall with exception of gore, willis, and clements the raiders have the better talent. whether kiffin can bring that to the field is another question

but last year we should have easily won at least 7 games, it seemed with exception of both charger games and the jax game we were close or had the lead in the 4th, then lost it. that's inexperience.

with the niners, i think you guys got some good talent but are not playoff caliber right now. willis, gore, and clements are solid. i think smith is a huge bust and will not be with the team after this year. shaun hill looked OK in the last couple games but it was basically garbage time for the other teams you guys played.

the raiders have good solid talent on both sides. most of the talent is unproven however with kelly, hall, mcfadden, russell, and walker. but if all the cylinders are rolling and the team harnesses all the talent they got i think playoffs aren't out of the question. denver and kc are going down. chargers will be solid.

raiders will have 7-8 wins this year.

niners will have 5-6 wins.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:41 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:

rly? i had no idea. i dnt use the internet much. nd i dnt pay attention to espn n stuff as much so yea. but thas coo. i didn think washington was all that anyway. he has a lot of speed. but he seems to get burnt at times n beaten to the ball.

nd the punting.. yea. i mean i like andy lee n all, but he had one pro bowl season. let him prove hes the best in the nfc before we say lee > lechler cuz shane is already the best punter in the game righ now.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:46 pm
rsxracer wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:

rly? i had no idea. i dnt use the internet much. nd i dnt pay attention to espn n stuff as much so yea. but thas coo. i didn think washington was all that anyway. he has a lot of speed. but he seems to get burnt at times n beaten to the ball.

nd the punting.. yea. i mean i like andy lee n all, but he had one pro bowl season. let him prove hes the best in the nfc before we say lee > lechler cuz shane is already the best punter in the game righ now.
'

yeah man that's cool i feel the same way about fabian washington... he was just another Al Davis experiment where he turns a track and field guy into a cornerback or wide receiver... dude needs to start drafting football players -welcome to your new home McFadden :-)

Yeah i'm not proud of Shane Lechler being a perrenial pro bowler... cause usually the pro bowl punters come from really aweful teams... i mean when you get to practice more punts in a game situation then your quarterback gets successful 3rd down attempts it just shows something about where your team is at....

I wish Shane Lechler the best this season, but i really hope he sees a lot of the bench i mean instead of punting the ball, lets have Jamarcus throw a redzone touchdown.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:18 pm
the raiders have one of the best cornerback starters in the league and they have veteran gibril wilson at strong safety and huff finally gets his real position which is free safety. thomas howard and kirk morrison are one of the best zone coverage linebackers in the league. but all that means nothing if you dont have a pass rusher and if you cant stop the run. for the secondary to be effective the qb needs to feel pressured but guess what? only burgess is our pass rusher and he can be double teamed. and he probably will be. tommy kelly and his fat contract isnt really gonna do anything. and only gerrard warren shows potential.

for the offense our halfbacks are stacked. he passed 1k yards last year and he didnt even start all of the games. he is fast and can break tackles but he is too fragile. everyone was saying in the draft that darren mcfadden is a bulkier version of adrian peterson. but he is yet to prove it in the nfl. michael bush was a prospect before he got injured in college. he has great hands but his knee is questionable. he didnt get to play his rookie year and this kid is hungry for action. for our qb. oh yes jamarcus russell. well they say that it takes a solid 2-3 years for a rookie qb to start getting tha hang of it. but unfortunately. it might take him longer. let me explain. right now we have javon walker and ronald curry. ronald curry is ronald curry. he's not great he doesnt suck. (well not that bad) he's just an average receiver that can drop passes or catch them. javon walker was a great receiver but due to recent injuries i can only say that he is above average. our o-line is simply terrible. the pocket always gets broken within seconds and our run blocking is average. gallery was a bust. although he showed improvements when he moved to LG. our left and right tackle is missing and our center is too. kwame isnt gonna do anything and we need someone to protect jamarcus' blind spot. the easier it is to break out pocket. the harder it will be for jamarcus' skills to flourish. i mean undeniable he has arguably the strongest arm in the league right now. but if he has to scramble everytime he see's the pocket break then we have a problem.
Previous

Return to Sports Board