maybe?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:10 pm
Sign and trade:

BD
Pietrus

for

Marion
J. Williams

Monta/J Will/marco
Jax/marco/buki
Al/buki
Marion/Wight
Beans/pick/Perovic
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:24 pm
Never in my life.

Marion is awesome. Williams... not so much. The guy can't even hold himself up for a full season.

Why would we want to become the Phoenix Suns? We already know we're not going to go far in the playoffs running the ball back and forth.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:27 am
xbay wrote:Never in my life.

Marion is awesome. Williams... not so much. The guy can't even hold himself up for a full season.

Why would we want to become the Phoenix Suns? We already know we're not going to go far in the playoffs running the ball back and forth.

If it wasnt for all the cheating and gambling in the playoff series between the Suns and Spurs when Amare was bounced early the Suns mighta won the championship that year.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:28 am
tl95121 wrote:Sign and trade:

BD
Pietrus

for

Marion
J. Williams

Monta/J Will/marco
Jax/marco/buki
Al/buki
Marion/Wight
Beans/pick/Perovic

I dont like Monta at the 1, but i dont think JWill is the answer either. Id do Baron for Marion straight up in a heartbeat.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:54 pm
Money wrote:Id do Baron for Marion straight up in a heartbeat.

ya, and you'd see our win total decrease by 8...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:39 pm
aletha33 wrote:
Money wrote:Id do Baron for Marion straight up in a heartbeat.

ya, and you'd see our win total decrease by 8...

I dont know about that. Baron won a few games for us but also lost a few. We would need a servicable point guard, but with Monta at the 2, SJAX at the 3, Marion at the 4, and AB at the 5 i think that is a quality squad that could still run and defend 10X better. A PG like Carlos Arroyo or TJ Ford would be great.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:15 pm
Money wrote:

BD
Pietrus

for

Marion
J. Williams

Monta/J Will/marco
Jax/marco/buki
Al/buki
Marion/Wight
Beans/pick/Perovic

I dont like Monta at the 1, but i dont think JWill is the answer either. Id do Baron for Marion straight up in a heartbeat.

in a heartbeat? thats ridiculous. Take Baron away and who is gonna create for Marion and the others? Some of you guys are seriously devaluing Baron I don't get the reason why. Before it was because the guy was not durable, now he gives us 82 games and we want to trade him.
Last edited by RobDIKUM on Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:25 pm
getting rid of baron without a legit point gaurd would be a gamble....
pros for him going away...imo he is over paid he may not even want to be a warrior it may help to further the progress of monta and wright.....

i wouldnt get rid of him the gamble is to big and we will need a bigtime player when we get to the playoffs.
he has the ability to carry the team on his back...
i would like to see him at about 12 mill for the next 3 or 4 years.
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:15 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
Money wrote:

BD
Pietrus

for

Marion
J. Williams

Monta/J Will/marco
Jax/marco/buki
Al/buki
Marion/Wight
Beans/pick/Perovic

in a heartbeat? thats ridiculous. Take Baron away and who is gonna create for Marion and the others? Some of you guys are seriously devaluing Baron I don't get the reason why. Before it was because the guy was not durable, now he gives us 82 games and we want to trade him.

If we can resign Baron at 12-14 million after next season then keep him. I dont think we will be able to. We seen where he can take us, and I dont think he can take us much farther (read other "Baron isnt a winner post").

Marion is also in his last year. I dont want to resign him to that money either. But since both players are in their last year I would love to see what we could do with Marion at the 4 and pick up a free agent PG or one through trade. Hey if we dont make the playoffs this year with Marion it wouldnt be much different than last year with Baron playing 82 games.

We trade Marion for Baron straight up. Use the exception and Harrington if we need to pick up a PG. TJ Ford, Carlos Arroyo, shiiiet maybe even Billups.

We can run said PG (Ford, Arroyo, Billups) with Monta, SJAX, Marion and AB. Solid. Alot better than Baron, Monta, SJAX, Wright and AB.

Return to Trades