Rasheed

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:13 pm
With the firing of Flip Saunders, Joe Dumars made it clear that there will be changes.

I think Rasheed will for sure be on the market. I think he will be perfect for the Dubs. He can shoot, go down low, rebound, and defend very well.

Well.....whadya think? Rasheed?
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:07 pm
d1mex wrote:With the firing of Flip Saunders, Joe Dumars made it clear that there will be changes.

I think Rasheed will for sure be on the market. I think he will be perfect for the Dubs. He can shoot, go down low, rebound, and defend very well.

Well.....whadya think? Rasheed?

hahahaha...over 10 mill/year...forget about it.
if around 6-7 mill..i will or maybe still oke to take him for W's...we have some salary caps issue in our team, especially the question mark :?:
how much beans and ellis will get next season...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:23 pm
I would not touch sheed. He is a coach killer. The guy's crap ass attitude and lazyness permeates a locker room. Players LOVE him. Coaches hate him.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:27 pm
bada wrote:I would not touch sheed. He is a coach killer. The guy's crap ass attitude and lazyness permeates a locker room. Players LOVE him. Coaches hate him.

thats what they said about baron and stack jack...look how that turned out
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:52 pm
bada wrote:I would not touch sheed. He is a coach killer. The guy's crap ass attitude and lazyness permeates a locker room. Players LOVE him. Coaches hate him.

That and that he doesn't play anywhere near his ability. That guy should have been an allstar every year for the last ten years at least and instead has been bit better than average

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:59 pm
d1mex wrote:

oke if we take sheed then we should bring artest....

and we will have the three musketeers....

Sheed,S-Jax,Artest.....

one for all and all for one...that's mean "one yelling the ref, the other will do the same"...nice combo...can't wait... :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:12 pm
i'd do it. why not? say what you want but he has a ring, and he was a big reason why. i think he'd be great in our offense, and he'd make our interior defense a whole lot better. not sure what the pistons asking price would be though.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:43 am
d1mex wrote:

totally different. Baron and Jax love the game and play it hard! Yes, they can be a bit hard to control, but that is TOTALLY different than not practicing hard, not playing hard, sulking and giving up on your team at times, not wanting the ball in the clutch, and generally being completely indifferent most of the time.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:20 pm
bada wrote:
d1mex wrote:

totally different. Baron and Jax love the game and play it hard! Yes, they can be a bit hard to control, but that is TOTALLY different than not practicing hard, not playing hard, sulking and giving up on your team at times, not wanting the ball in the clutch, and generally being completely indifferent most of the time.

On the court, Sheed is exactly what were looking for: SIZE. Off the court is another issue, Nellie won't deal with Sheed's BS. When he's committed, hes one of the top 5 F's in the league.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:30 pm
but he is NEVER committed. It is his ON the court stuff that bothers me. He wilts under pressure, and never wants the ball at the end and play half speed a lot. When the Pistons are rolling and things are going well he plays great... when the going gets tough, the guy completly wilts. That is EXACTLY what we dont need and is a mentality that was rampant with our team over the past 10 years.

Baron has a will to win that not many have. When things are going downhill, he literally puts the team on his back and has the desire and will to be the "guy" who in large part determines who wins or losses. THESE are the type of players I want on my team and who I want young players to learn from.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:06 pm
How bout "HELL NO!!!"

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:49 am
bada wrote:
d1mex wrote:

Wallace is the same type of player as SJax and Baron. He has been GREAT in Detroit, like Dumars said sometimes he is TOO competitive. AI was said not to like practice. No biggie. If we trade for Rasheed we would be 10X better. They said Baron was lazy in NO. They said SJAX was a crap ass attittude and on and on. You just gotta know how to deal with players who arent Uncle Toms.....thats all.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:17 pm
Money wrote:
bada wrote:
d1mex wrote:

Wallace is the same type of player as SJax and Baron. He has been GREAT in Detroit, like Dumars said sometimes he is TOO competitive. AI was said not to like practice. No biggie. If we trade for Rasheed we would be 10X better. They said Baron was lazy in NO. They said SJAX was a crap ass attittude and on and on. You just gotta know how to deal with players who arent Uncle Toms.....thats all.

baron was lazy in NO cuz he was playing for a crap coach in byron scott. he came here and was rejuvenated by a new team and again rejuvenated when nelly came because now he KNEW he had a good coach. he wasnt lazy early in his career before scott took over. and nelly was able to turn jax around, mostly because jax had respect for nelly from the start. its hard not to respect someone with nelly's credentials. there's no saying that wallace will have the same attitude that jax had. i mean, rasheed has gone through a bunch of coaches, most respectable, and yet still has the attitude he's had since he was coached by dunleavy.

i think player-wise and talent-wise, sheed is just what our team needs. but if it's gonna disrupt chemistry and cause baron and jax to not only be captains but be sheed's parol officers too then its not worth wasting our captains' energy.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:36 pm
E-Man wrote:
Money wrote:
bada wrote:
d1mex wrote:

baron was lazy in NO cuz he was playing for a crap coach in byron scott. he came here and was rejuvenated by a new team and again rejuvenated when nelly came because now he KNEW he had a good coach. he wasnt lazy early in his career before scott took over. and nelly was able to turn jax around, mostly because jax had respect for nelly from the start. its hard not to respect someone with nelly's credentials. there's no saying that wallace will have the same attitude that jax had. i mean, rasheed has gone through a bunch of coaches, most respectable, and yet still has the attitude he's had since he was coached by dunleavy.

i think player-wise and talent-wise, sheed is just what our team needs. but if it's gonna disrupt chemistry and cause baron and jax to not only be captains but be sheed's parol officers too then its not worth wasting our captains' energy.

Ya i agree if it killed our chemistry i wouldnt do it either. But i highly doubt it would and i think its a gamble we have to take.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:02 pm
We trade for an aging big that can rebound and stretch the floor offensively for a PG that is our main ball distributor, leading scorer and a 40% field goal brickster ... gee that is a no brainer with Rasheed happy at 10Million and BD insulted at 18+ plus. If we like Nellie ... I have mixed feelings still, let him load up Doc and Phillip style with legit NBA vets. Providing the second highest pay coach with a bunch of rookies and lottery busts (Foyle, POB, Pietrus, Diogu) just doesn't make sense. If Rasheed can make the likes of Maxwell, BIG BEN, McDyess look like servicable players ...imagine what he can do with an up and coming Biedrins. BD may be the better player today, but Biedrins, Ellis, Bellini, Wright will get more points without BD and adding a vet that can score in the paint. Getting a legit PF and giving more shots to players like Ellis and Biedrins that shoot an outstanding FG (46% and 62%) makes us first round pretenders. [/code]
Next

Return to Trades