Chad Ford of ESPN Rumor, Wright for Yi ?

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:02 am
"Look for the Golden State Warriors to pursue Milwaukee Bucks forward Yi Jianlian strongly in the coming weeks. During last year's draft, the Warriors agreed to trade Jason Richardson to the Charlotte Bobcats for the No. 8 pick, with the hope that Yi would fall to the Bobcats at that spot.

The team was shocked that the Bucks, for whom Yi refused to work out, took him at No. 6. The Bobcats took Brandan Wright and traded him to Golden State. While Wright played well for the Warriors toward the end of the season, they still covet Yi, according to sources.

If the Warriors were to offer Wright and the No. 14 pick for Yi, that might be too much for the Bucks to pass on. The team is in rebuilding mode and might be ready to accept a two-for-one deal". ESPN
Chad Ford.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:12 am
# 1 that is too much for Yi, in my opinion

# 2 why would they give up on Brandan, he seems to be a good fit both athletically and mentally

I hope they don't do this!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:18 am
Hmmm.............I havnt seen enough of Yi (well, anything actually) to comment...............come to think of it, I havnt seen enough of Brandan either! :roll:

But no, dont do it until we really know what we have with Brandan.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:35 am
Not a good trade for now. Maybe in the near future, we don't know enough, and why throw in a number 1 pick?

Haven't seen Broe post in a while either!

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:50 pm
brandan wright alone is too much for yi. lets trade the 14th pick for ramon sessions. when he got time in april (10 games) he averaged double digit assists and points with a good fg% and 2 steals per game. or sign n trade pietrus for sessions. they need a SF...that way we can keep our pick and get a good backup point guard.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:45 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:Not a good trade for now. Maybe in the near future, we don't know enough, and why throw in a number 1 pick?

Yea B.Wright >> Yi :!:
& I have been MIA after moving and buying a house but I got my internet back up now so I should be around more :D Did I miss much :?:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:15 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:Not a good trade for now. Maybe in the near future, we don't know enough, and why throw in a number 1 pick?

Yea B.Wright >> Yi :!:
& I have been MIA after moving and buying a house but I got my internet back up now so I should be around more :D Did I miss much :?:

Not really. Same old around here. Congrats on the house. I'd take Yi and a couple of their future first-rounders for BWright if someone held a gun to my head. Maybe

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:08 am
I'm not liking this idea. Not one bit.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:58 pm
umm... let me think. if milwaukee liked wright so much they would've drafted him instead of yi... right? ford is a dumbass. i dont care if milwaukee wants another pick, still not going to happen!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Return to News Articles