raiders or niners

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:06 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
xbay wrote:Since when does FA cure a teams' problems? It doesn't matter who you sign and how many you bring in, it's about whether they perform or not. So seriously, neither teams' free agents have proven anything. Breaking it down though:

You call acquiring Kwame Harris something that was well addressed? The guy has proven nothing but being able to draw a penalty on a big play made.

Javon Walker? If you get the Green Bay Packers Javon Walker, sure. But if you get the Denver Broncos one, have fun.

You're d-line is anchored by Derrick Burgess and Tommy Kelly... not that intimidating.

You're overrating your defensive backs. DeAngelo Hall is the most overrated corner back in the NFL. Some claim he's a top 5, he's not even a top 10. And I doubt he's even in the top 15. And you better hope Gabril Wilson doesn't turn into one of those ex-Superbowl champs that don't do anything their following year on a new team like Rhodes.

Also, say what you want about you're McFadden, Fargas, Bush combo. Fargas is good, but the other two haven't proved anything. So hype them up all you want, because that's all you can do at the moment.

And don't get me started with Russell. He played a couple games and played part time last year. So what if Jerry Rice crowned him as a good future QB? He, just like this whole new Raiders team, has yet to prove anything 'til the season starts.

I'm not saying my Niners are better. But I think it's common sense to say Mike Martz is an upgrade over Mike Nolan's playcalling and Jim Hostler's listening.

Now don't be biased and be real. Both teams have yet to prove anything yet. So stop predicting and take it one game at a time.

There's a lot of Raider hatred... in your post. But i gotten use to that from stupid Queen Nation, i mean your dynasty built by Bill Walsh was built on a lot of the fundamentals he learnt when he was a Coach in Oakland.

Your gonna be doing a lot of crying and sulking this season when Alex Smith dont deliver and Nolan is headed to the unemployment line.

Me, GSW United, Joel and Oakland Fanatic and the rest of the nation, will be spraying the breasts of supermodels with our Don Periogn and Moet cause thats what us champions do!!!

Raider hatred? Hey, you're just lucky my cousin rsxracer isn't here. If you thought that was hate, wait 'til he expresses his opinion.

And as far as Walsh "learning the fundamentals" as coach in Oakland, that's just ignorant. Why would you base one of the greatest minds ever on how he learned from his Raider days? He wasn't always a Raider. He had plenty of other coaching jobs before them. And even if he did took some ideas from the Raiders, he sure did a helluva better job at making it better than what the Raiders could've ever done.

And I won't cry when I see Alex bust. I already see the potential in that, so why worry about what has a good chance at happening?

Raiders? Champions? I'll let rsx do the talking about that statement. I'll just take it one game at a time while you keep dreaming big for your Raiders and only getting those goals crushed because you can't face the reality of your poor Raiders squad. My Niners suck just as bad as your Raiders, so no need to crown them.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:04 am
Gee it's a bit of a overstatement for me to say that the Raiders made Bill Walsh... the dude did revolutionize the West Coast Offence, and if it wasn't allready for the Raiders great depth chart of front office staff then i could see Bill Walsh maybe having a great career in the Black Hole but he was stuck behind 2 better coaches in John Madden and Tom Flores (Personal opionon on better coaches, but obviously your gonna argue this point)

Anyways to just prove a point about the Niners,, is that they had one good era where they were a proper dynasty. The niners of the 1980's were easily in the same echelon of the 80's Lakers & Celtics and the 90's Chicago Bulls... But anyteam can get lucky with a renouned head coach and a Franchise Quarterback and Wide Receiver!!!!

But Oakland continues to prove that they are not just a dynasty, But a cornerstone of Success... How many other Head Coaches from the Niners have gone onto win Superbowls??? I can list 2 good examples Mike Shanahan and John Gruden! They are all products of the Raiders, where they have finetuned there skills at the greatest Sporting Franchise in all 4 corners of the globe. Sure they might not of had the same luck if they had stayed in Oakland, But it just goes to prove that Al DAVIS is THE GODFATHER of modern day football... he has the best eye in the league for spotting players and front office staff and he continues to rewrite the record books.

Anyways i'll be interested to see if you can get back to me on previous Niners coaches who have gone onto win superbowls. Cause your STUPID FourtyNINERS are nothing without Bill Walsh... A One Hit Wonder one might say!!! ( well 5 trophies in the cabinet ain't bad ) But your still not gonna even get to a Superbowl unless you dig up the body of Bill Walsh and get him to lead you to the promise land like WEEKEND AT BERNIES style.

And i ain't scared of your cousin RSXRACER, Bring on the Raider Hatred... Cause the BlackHole thrives on DAT SHIIETT!!! :agrue:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:23 am
That weekend at Bernies comment was pretty funny, Bill Walsh on the sidelines with sunglasses on..lol

But anyway, if those head coaches were so good, why did they have to win super bowls with other teams? not only that, Grudens team whooped the Raiders ass BAD! Most of the coaches that have had success in the NFL from the niners were assistant coaches serving under Walsh like Holmgren. You know about Walsh's coaching tree, so stop trying to compare the Raiders to that. But I appreciate your enthusiasm for you team.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:26 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:That weekend at Bernies comment was pretty funny, Bill Walsh on the sidelines with sunglasses on..lol

But anyway, if those head coaches were so good, why did they have to win super bowls with other teams? not only that, Grudens team whooped the Raiders ass BAD! Most of the coaches that have had success in the NFL from the niners were assistant coaches serving under Walsh like Holmgren. You know about Walsh's coaching tree, so stop trying to compare the Raiders to that. But I appreciate your enthusiasm for you team.

Yeah man i'm sure i could dig up a few assistant coaches @ Oakland that went on to have Superbowl success.. but the fact is i was talking about Head Coaches.

Yes Gruden did whoop us... (But he had the advantage of knowing our playbook and key personnel) I was merely pointing out the fact that Al Davis can identify diamonds of the rough and he usually has success in turning his pet projects into Hall of Famers... (Who the **** is Ted Hendricks, people were saying in the 1960's... people from Latin America don't play football)
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:31 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:That weekend at Bernies comment was pretty funny, Bill Walsh on the sidelines with sunglasses on..lol

Yeah man i'm sure i could dig up a few assistant coaches @ Oakland that went on to have Superbowl success.. but the fact is i was talking about Head Coaches.

Yes Gruden did whoop us... (But he had the advantage of knowing our playbook and key personnel) I was merely pointing out the fact that Al Davis can identify diamonds of the rough and he usually has success in turning his pet projects into Hall of Famers... (Who the **** is Ted Hendricks, people were saying in the 1960's... people from Latin America don't play football)

He used to have an eye for talent, but it's not like all his projects were good players. And maybe he does have an eye for head coaches, but his dumb old stubborn ass can't swallow his pride enough for them to bring a championship to the Raiders. Instead, they have to go out and win with other teams.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:36 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:

He used to have an eye for talent, but it's not like all his projects were good players. And maybe he does have an eye for head coaches, but his dumb old stubborn ass can't swallow his pride enough for them to bring a championship to the Raiders. Instead, they have to go out and win with other teams.

Yes he is a stubborn old prick... But fortuneately for the Raiders, Lane Kiffin is too a littly stubbin prick. Why wouldn't the old man fire him straight up??? Dollars you say. Well why not pay out his contract if your giving Javon Walker and Tommy Kelly max dollars (Lane Kiffin contract is chump change, compared to those 2)

I think this season Lane will go onto win close to double the amount of games as last season ( Just my opinon ) Al will sit back in his wheel chair and ponder the Question (Gee did i almost fire Lane Kiffin last season, what a old nutbag i can be) :)

Thanks Robdikum for your feedback, it can be refreshing have a Ninershead who aint just about the hate!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:20 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:

Yes he is a stubborn old prick... But fortuneately for the Raiders, Lane Kiffin is too a littly stubbin prick. Why wouldn't the old man fire him straight up??? Dollars you say. Well why not pay out his contract if your giving Javon Walker and Tommy Kelly max dollars (Lane Kiffin contract is chump change, compared to those 2)

I think this season Lane will go onto win close to double the amount of games as last season ( Just my opinon ) Al will sit back in his wheel chair and ponder the Question (Gee did i almost fire Lane Kiffin last season, what a old nutbag i can be) :)

Thanks Robdikum for your feedback, it can be refreshing have a Ninershead who aint just about the hate!!!

I try to stay away from the hate filled niner/raider arguments, though i did grow up with many of those. I like to talk football, and obviously both are storied franchises and we can argue who is better at what, but I try not to throw my niner blinders on. I've noticed it works that way when you talk to a fan of another team as well. If you bring the facts or an honest unbiased opinion, you usually get the same thing back and it makes for a better debate on the two sides.

As for the upcoming season, I probably have said it before, but I'm not gonna predict anything until I see how both teams play. The Niners could be better if the offense makes drastic strides because of Mike martz and the D Line improves , but that's a big if. The Raiders could be better if their QB issues are solved and the running game lives up to potential. The defense also has to step up. I wish they'd play each other every year or at least two years. Would be fun
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:26 pm
I love how Raider fans think that there is a vendetta against them by the league. It is pretty funny. :roll:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:55 pm
[quote="sfsfsfgiants"]I love how Raider fans think that there is a vendetta against them by the league. It is pretty funny. :roll:[/quote

i would explain it but i dont want to take away pawnograffiti thunder

also the chiefs are the only team in the league that has a winning record against us that played more than 10 games against us. everyother team has a losing record to us
I like pie
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:49 pm
oaklandfanatic wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I love how Raider fans think that there is a vendetta against them by the league. It is pretty funny. :roll:

also the chiefs are the only team in the league that has a winning record against us that played more than 10 games against us. everyother team has a losing record to us

I think that explains a nice small chunk of why the league hates the Raiders. They have a winning record against every team except the Chiefs. Yet, they get no attention for that. Why? Well, pawno can explain that. The Raiders get absolutely no respect. But hey, what can you do? You're from Oakland; a city that if someone told another person that he's from Oakland to a Bostonian, they'd go... huh? Why else do you think the Warriors get no respect? I mean sure, they had a long playoff drought but so what?

With the idiotic East coast biased sports media and ignorant commissioners, the whole entire West coast will never get any love.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:10 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I love how Raider fans think that there is a vendetta against them by the league. It is pretty funny. :roll:

yes there is a vandetta against us!!!

I can list 3 certain AFC Championship games where the ball didn't bounce our way (Or Al Davis didn't have a big enough brown paper bag to slide under the table to the crooked refs) & no doubt in my mind, we could have gone onto win another 2 superbowls.

January 1, 1978- The Refs stone cold missed Jack Tatum hit on Rob Lytle which was a Oakland Recovery and we could have certainly gone onto win that game...

January 19 2002- The Tuck Rule... Biggest screw job in the history of Sports, this is the 2nd worst Football officiating right behind the Immaculate Reception...

But Grrhhh... I guesss it's the bounce of the ball (Can anyone tell me a time Oakland screwed a opponent on a bad call??? No, Never... Cause it is a Vandetta)

anyways i'm not gonna bitch and moan about this.... Raiders should be fortunate enough to have 3 Lombardis and 5 superbowl appearances when some of there division rivals like Seatle and San Diego aint even tasted a Superbowl!!!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:01 am
xbay wrote:
oaklandfanatic wrote:

I think that explains a nice small chunk of why the league hates the Raiders. They have a winning record against every team except the Chiefs. Yet, they get no attention for that. Why? Well, pawno can explain that. The Raiders get absolutely no respect. But hey, what can you do? You're from Oakland; a city that if someone told another person that he's from Oakland to a Bostonian, they'd go... huh? Why else do you think the Warriors get no respect? I mean sure, they had a long playoff drought but so what?

With the idiotic East coast biased sports media and ignorant commissioners, the whole entire West coast will never get any love.
i wasnt explaining the vendatta i was just making another point i wanted pawno to explain it cause he is much more smarter on football of raiders history
I like pie
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:35 pm
Ok here we go the old Raiders or Niners debate.

I honestly think as a Raiders fan that the Raiders have the better overall team. We may have people who are inexperienced (Russell/DMC) but at least we know who's gonna start. Unlike SF who's thinking about Smith, Hill, or even my god JT O'Sullivan (!). Both O line's suck pretty much. WR's Raiders have better no doubt there. RB Raiders have a better plethora of them, Niners just have Gore. TE Davis could be a beast but Miller has been way more productive. Defensive line Raiders have outdone the Niners, Burgess, Kelly should be good. CB's Raiders have both Nnamdi and D-Hall Niners just have Clements. I'll give the Raiders the advantage in the Safety department because of the signing of Gibril Wilson. LB's both are very solid. Willis is an absolute beast, but the Raiders have two players that are very very good, Howard and Morrison.

Raiders are the better team no doubt.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:45 pm
d1mex wrote:Ok here we go the old Raiders or Niners debate.

I honestly think as a Raiders fan that the Raiders have the better overall team. We may have people who are inexperienced (Russell/DMC) but at least we know who's gonna start. Unlike SF who's thinking about Smith, Hill, or even my god JT O'Sullivan (!). Both O line's suck pretty much. WR's Raiders have better no doubt there. RB Raiders have a better plethora of them, Niners just have Gore. TE Davis could be a beast but Miller has been way more productive. Defensive line Raiders have outdone the Niners, Burgess, Kelly should be good. CB's Raiders have both Nnamdi and D-Hall Niners just have Clements. I'll give the Raiders the advantage in the Safety department because of the signing of Gibril Wilson. LB's both are very solid. Willis is an absolute beast, but the Raiders have two players that are very very good, Howard and Morrison.

Good breakdown of the roster d1mex.... as a biased and niave member of Raider Nation i agree with you 100%

I know the Niners next point of arguement is that a lot of the 49'ers fans on here are going to try and argue the point about our LB corpse... whilst you didn't mention who has the better LB Corpse a lot of the guys on these boards would rather have Willis over Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison, I know how great Patrick Willis is, But it's like the 49'ers have been living down a hole and won't even admit to Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison being a good combination.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:25 pm
d1mex wrote:Ok here we go the old Raiders or Niners debate.

I think our QB situation is really holding us back, but as of now I think Gore is still better than the Raiders tandem, until McFadden proves he is as good as he seems. Fargas is pretty good though. Hopefully Deshaun Foster can be a solid backup. Our receivers are really weak, so it's no secret the Raiders probably have us beat there , but the Raiders receivers aren't all that good either. Let's not pin all hopes on Javon. VD may not have had the breakout season as a receiver, but who would you rather have as your TE? you know Al Davis likes freaks of nature. DLINE.... no comment! haha, but we will be improved I believe, and Sopoaga could be an X factor. Tommy Kelley is good, but Burgess is declining a bit. LB's is a good matchup. HOward/Morrison, Lawson/Willis, those are some fast LB's, but I think the Niners have the edge here in terms of versatility. O Line, I think the niners have more potential, we just have to shed a guy like Jennings. We gotta go young and develop guys like staley and baas and so on.

We'll have to see about Hall, because he is a bit overrated. Talented, but hasn't lived up to it. The Niners can be pretty deep at CB if our guys like spencer and harris play to potential. Not spectacular but pretty good. And I think our safeties are better as well. We will have to see though, because things never work out how you think they will. We thought Gore was gonna have a dominant year and he didn't come close because of the line, the Raiders thought they would have a dominant D and they didn't.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board