Lakers vs Celtics makes me sick.

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


All Star
Posts: 1910
» Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:58 pm
Anyone else boycotting the NBA finals this year? Both teams were rewarded greatly by horrible trades and an ineffective salary cap. I mean, c'mon, neither of these teams were even contenders before horrible trades went through.

The Celts getting Garnet and Allen was amusing until they made it this far. The Pistons SHOULD be representing the east. They represent everything that is right about building a team that will take you to the finals.

The Lakers Gasol trade was just horrid. It was nothing but a salary dump the Lakers should not have been able to afford, yet through BS loopholes they managed to pull it off. Now Kobe, after all of his antics and crying to the media, is likely going to win another NBA title. To make matters worse he's a God down here in SoCal. How quickly we all forget that he probably raped a woman and cheated on his wife.

I wouldn't have cared if the Suns, Spurs or Hornets were in the championships, but the Lakers getting this far makes me want to puke.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:56 pm
I wont watch... too fricken boring. :wink:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1357
» Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:28 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I wont watch... too fricken boring. :wink:


I am pissed about the Gasol thing as well but frankly this will be a great series between two great teams. This is no Cavs/Spurs series. Now that was mind-bogglingly boring.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:33 am
cladden wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I wont watch... too fricken boring. :wink:


I am pissed about the Gasol thing as well but frankly this will be a great series between two great teams. This is no Cavs/Spurs series. Now that was mind-bogglingly boring.

agreed...most talent-filled and most entertaining matchup since maybe Bulls-Lakers in 1991

All Star
Posts: 1910
» Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:55 am
coltraning wrote:
cladden wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I wont watch... too fricken boring. :wink:


I am pissed about the Gasol thing as well but frankly this will be a great series between two great teams. This is no Cavs/Spurs series. Now that was mind-bogglingly boring.

agreed...most talent-filled and most entertaining matchup since maybe Bulls-Lakers in 1991


That may be true, but I won't watch it. Both teams were rewarded through BS that degrades any idea of a level playing field. Soft caps and loopholes for the LOSE.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:26 pm
I am looking forward to this finals more than any over the last several years.

Not sure I understand the venom stuck about the trades. yeah it sucked but why blame the teams themselves for benefiting and working the system.

Dubs could have done the same but they DIDN'T. Koudos to the Lakers and Celtics for improving their team by exploiting another team's stupidity.

All Star
Posts: 1910
» Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:48 am
bada wrote:I am looking forward to this finals more than any over the last several years.

Not sure I understand the venom stuck about the trades. yeah it sucked but why blame the teams themselves for benefiting and working the system.

Dubs could have done the same but they DIDN'T. Koudos to the Lakers and Celtics for improving their team by exploiting another team's stupidity.


It's not that I blame the teams. It just annoys the hell out of me how they climbed from little to achieve much. My faith in NBA parity went right out the door this year.

It's funny to hear the Lakers sports talk guys /boggle on how they have a $75 million payroll on the books for next year and will have to let some bench guys go. Life is hard.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:17 am
bada wrote:I am looking forward to this finals more than any over the last several years.

Not sure I understand the venom stuck about the trades. yeah it sucked but why blame the teams themselves for benefiting and working the system.

Dubs could have done the same but they DIDN'T. Koudos to the Lakers and Celtics for improving their team by exploiting another team's stupidity.


I don't really care either way, but i think some people are bothered by the fact that the Celtics got Garnett from McHale's Wolves and the Lakers got Gasol from West's Grizzlies. Which, i can understand the bitterness. If only chris mullin were GM of the Cavs, we might get Lebron for cheap.

All Star
Posts: 1910
» Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:21 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
bada wrote:I am looking forward to this finals more than any over the last several years.

Not sure I understand the venom stuck about the trades. yeah it sucked but why blame the teams themselves for benefiting and working the system.

Dubs could have done the same but they DIDN'T. Koudos to the Lakers and Celtics for improving their team by exploiting another team's stupidity.


I don't really care either way, but i think some people are bothered by the fact that the Celtics got Garnett from McHale's Wolves and the Lakers got Gasol from West's Grizzlies. Which, i can understand the bitterness. If only chris mullin were GM of the Cavs, we might get Lebron for cheap.


LOL, I didn't realize that. Now I have another reason to boycott the finals. =)

Rookie
Posts: 41
» Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:59 am
Very boring series, over conservative. There was defineitely side money under the table for the gasol trade.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:12 am
West is not even Memphis' GM. He resigned at the end of last season

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests