NBA 2K9 Cover Athlete

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:38 pm
is Kevin Garnett

http://www.2ksports.com/nba2k9/

I thought they would have kept Chris Paul because of his success this year, but KG is not a bad choice either. Hell, there better than fat Shaq being on the cover.

I thought other choices were Kobe, Lebron, Amare, or even Duncan.

Thoughts?
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:43 pm
d1mex wrote:is Kevin Garnett

http://www.2ksports.com/nba2k9/

I thought they would have kept Chris Paul because of his success this year, but KG is not a bad choice either. Hell, there better than fat Shaq being on the cover.

I thought other choices were Kobe, Lebron, Amare, or even Duncan.

Thoughts?

i will buy one if they put POB on the cover... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:25 pm
Has Lebron been on a cover yet? :|
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:26 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Has Lebron been on a cover yet? :|

No, my bad Amare has been on "The Show" series cover before
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:54 pm
I wonder who'll be on the back? Baron didn't cover the whole back side, but his whole body was there.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:15 am
its hard to imagine what they can do to improve the game other than fixing any glitches. but of course they always find a way to improve it so i guess we'll just have to wait.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:23 pm
E-Man wrote:its hard to imagine what they can do to improve the game other than fixing any glitches. but of course they always find a way to improve it so i guess we'll just have to wait.

i got something they can improve. take nba live off the freakin radar cuz those games suck. have the 2k series adopt the all star weekend stuff then it would be sick,

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:09 pm
d1mex wrote:
E-Man wrote:its hard to imagine what they can do to improve the game other than fixing any glitches. but of course they always find a way to improve it so i guess we'll just have to wait.

i got something they can improve. take nba live off the freakin radar cuz those games suck. have the 2k series adopt the all star weekend stuff then it would be sick,

they already have it, it's just no in all-star weekend form. they have the dunk contest and three point contest...theyre all in street form tho, kinda like it's And 1's allstar weekend with NBA players.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:44 am

No, I would assume that due to his Super-Stardom that he has some sort of endorsement contract that would disallow such things. Similar to Barry Bonds not being on any baseball cards other than Upper Deck, etc.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:47 pm
sleandres wrote:

No, I would assume that due to his Super-Stardom that he has some sort of endorsement contract that would disallow such things. Similar to Barry Bonds not being on any baseball cards other than Upper Deck, etc.

wellplayers like barry bonds and michael jordan weren't apart of their respective players' associations, which is why they werent in video games. lebron, though, is part of the player's association...buit i agree, there's probably a clause in one or two of his contracts that say he cant do game covers.

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:52 pm
E-Man wrote:
sleandres wrote:

wellplayers like barry bonds and michael jordan weren't apart of their respective players' associations, which is why they werent in video games. lebron, though, is part of the player's association...buit i agree, there's probably a clause in one or two of his contracts that say he cant do game covers.

Wasnt MJ not in games because of those early video games he got signed up too early on? cant remember the name of them/it.................the same with Barkley and that "Shut up and Jam" piece of crap.

Didnt think it was to do with the players association?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:02 pm
bigstrads wrote:
E-Man wrote:
sleandres wrote:

Wasnt MJ not in games because of those early video games he got signed up too early on? cant remember the name of them/it.................the same with Barkley and that "Shut up and Jam" piece of crap.

Didnt think it was to do with the players association?

Jordan vs. Bird was the title of the series, I believe that game never made it past NES.

I know the baseball games won't allow players not in the MLBPA on the game (hence rookies being absent from the games) but I don't know if the other sports are the same...

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:05 pm
i woulda swore it was cuz of the players association...thats why shaq wasnt in a few games...im not positive tho. you may be right

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:52 pm
whoa wait

wasnt bonds in like mlb....2k2 2k3??

or the first early espn baseball games?im almost positive he was
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:15 am
EMan is right, it has to do with rights of the Players Association for whatever sport.

That's why you don't see Bonds (or any player that was a scab during the strike) in MLB games and why Lavar Arrington required seperate negotiation to be in Madden.

Of course things have changed since the early days with video games actually being on League's radars now and more money (and therefore more lawyers) being involved in players rights and so forth.
Next

Return to NBA Forum