raiders or niners

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:21 pm
training camp is looming who is going to have a better record. I'm going to be biased and say the raiders.
raiders have a good 1-2 punch with mfadden and russel. we have a great pass defense, but a horrible run defense that could improve this year. raiders have the best punter in the game shane lechler. neither of them will make the playoffs this year
I like pie
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:24 pm
oaklandfanatic wrote:raiders have a good 1-2 punch with mfadden and russel.

You have a quarterback that has done nothing even decent in the NFL and a running back who has yet to take a snap? You have two good prospects. They wont be any good this year.

oaklandfanatic wrote:we have a great pass defense.

You have very good defensive backs that will get left out to dry by you embarassing defensive line.

oaklandfanatic wrote:but a horrible run defense that could improve this year.

How do you figure that it got better? Your only decent one, Sapp, is gone, and you got nobody to replace him.

oaklandfanatic wrote:raiders have the best punter in the game shane lechler.

He was the best a couple of years ago.... not any more. He isnt the best in the Bay, let alone the league. Andy Lee is one of the best...certainly better than Lechler. How did Lechler do in the Pro Bowl last year? Oh, yeah, he didnt make it.... Lee did.... and broke nearly every punting record.

oaklandfanatic wrote:neither of them will make the playoffs this year

Going out on a limb? :roll:

Niners 6 wins.
Raiders 4 wins.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:04 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
oaklandfanatic wrote:raiders have a good 1-2 punch with mfadden and russel.

You have a quarterback that has done nothing even decent in the NFL and a running back who has yet to take a snap? You have two good prospects. They wont be any good this year.

oaklandfanatic wrote:we have a great pass defense.

You have very good defensive backs that will get left out to dry by you embarassing defensive line.

oaklandfanatic wrote:but a horrible run defense that could improve this year.

How do you figure that it got better? Your only decent one, Sapp, is gone, and you got nobody to replace him.

oaklandfanatic wrote:raiders have the best punter in the game shane lechler.

He was the best a couple of years ago.... not any more. He isnt the best in the Bay, let alone the league. Andy Lee is one of the best...certainly better than Lechler. How did Lechler do in the Pro Bowl last year? Oh, yeah, he didnt make it.... Lee did.... and broke nearly every punting record.

oaklandfanatic wrote:neither of them will make the playoffs this year

Going out on a limb? :roll:

Niners 6 wins.
Raiders 4 wins.
raiders are going to win 7 or 6 we have an easy schedule. niners will get about the same

um shane did make the pro bowl

http://www.sacbee.com/102/story/576688.html

you know whats funny shane has a better net average, shane has the best record for a net average and lee is second. shane and lee are both the top punters in the league. jerry rice said russel was good so I'll take his word over yours. i would bet money that the raiders do better. we got derrick burgess ,asoma dude. . raiders are better team overall. raiders have more talent the niners have the offense of a lifeless soul. raiders at least have hope for offense with the wr pick ups and two good prospects you my friend are one sided, to your team.
I like pie
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:25 pm
oaklandfanatic wrote:um shane did make the pro bowl.

Okay, that was completely my mistake. I didnt think that the Raiders sent anybody. One point that I do want to bring up though is their age difference. Lee is, what, 24? 25? With the best of his career coming up? Shane's time has come. I bet that his numbers have dropped every year, and though he is still very good, he isnt the best, and will not be any more.

oaklandfanatic wrote:jerry rice said russel was good so I'll take his word over yours.

So, yeah, Jerry Rice is never wrong.... and Rice wasnt even a QB.... he has no involvement with the team at all... all he sees is what you and I see.

oaklandfanatic wrote:we got derrick burgess ,asoma dude. .

And we have Patrick Willis and Nate Clements.... both of whom are better than your two.... add in Walt Harris, Justin Smith, and Manny Lawson, and you have a stacked defense.

oaklandfanatic wrote:raiders have more talent the niners have the offense of a lifeless soul.

And you are basing this off of last year when Mike Nolan was calling plays. Two years ago, under a great OC, Norv Turner, they flourished.... Now they have Mike Martz, another genius to take over... you can compare what Nolan did to what Martz will do.

oaklandfanatic wrote:raiders at least have hope for offense with the wr pick ups and two good prospects.

What WR pickups? Two SCRUBS that were given to you because of their bad attitude and even worse performance? Good pickups.... :roll:

oaklandfanatic wrote:you my friend are one sided, to your team.

Yeah, we were one-sided last year... with Nolan, a guy that has always ran the ball too much. That is why we got Martz, a pass-first guy... things will be really different this year from last....

Time will tell if these changes are good or bad.... the Raiders, on the other hand, were bad last year and did not get significantly better. What do you think will happen?
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:36 am
y not just agree that both teams suck?
:mrgreen:
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:24 pm
Both of you... will you both shut up and grow some hair on your nuts.

For Damnsake... if we are argueing who has the best punter in the league then it just shows what a sorry state our franchises are in...

But in saying that, i bet there's some real good punters on teams like New England, Indianapolis, Dallas & Green Bay... But no one knows there names and no one will never know how good they are, cause they just aint the stat sheet fillers like LEE and Lechler.

But SFSFSFGiant come on man, your pretty arrogant and blazay in what has happened in this offseason. If your not willing to admit the Raiders will have the better record of the 2 teams then it just shows your depth of football knowledge... i mean the Raiders had the better draft purely cause they were in the 1st round and got a Touchdown machine in Darren McFadden...

The Raiders also blew the Niners out of the water in Free Agency, we addressed our O-Line, Wide Receiver corps, Our Linebackers, We definately upgraded our DB core to be the most feared secondary in the league (Cause that's what AL does Baby!!!) and i must say the D-line has been addressed with the Tommy Kelly signing (sure Warren Sapp retiring hurts, But Warren Sapp gave his approval of Tommy Kelly being the Raiders future at the 3 technique... And Warren Sapp advice goes along way considering he will be remembered as one of the greatest tackles ever to play)

If someone is going to win 6 games and the other win only 4 then the Raiders are more likely to get teh 6 wins (Hey i have them pencilled in for 9 wins, but i'd take 6 if it meant the niners only got 4)

And Oaklandfanatic my brudda.... we are going to the playoffs.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:09 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote: i mean the Raiders had the better draft purely cause they were in the 1st round and got a Touchdown machine in Darren McFadden... .

:D :D :D
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:26 pm
everyone in this thread is completely dillusional other than jimbob.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:31 pm
Since when does FA cure a teams' problems? It doesn't matter who you sign and how many you bring in, it's about whether they perform or not. So seriously, neither teams' free agents have proven anything. Breaking it down though:

You call acquiring Kwame Harris something that was well addressed? The guy has proven nothing but being able to draw a penalty on a big play made.

Javon Walker? If you get the Green Bay Packers Javon Walker, sure. But if you get the Denver Broncos one, have fun.

You're d-line is anchored by Derrick Burgess and Tommy Kelly... not that intimidating.

You're overrating your defensive backs. DeAngelo Hall is the most overrated corner back in the NFL. Some claim he's a top 5, he's not even a top 10. And I doubt he's even in the top 15. And you better hope Gabril Wilson doesn't turn into one of those ex-Superbowl champs that don't do anything their following year on a new team like Rhodes.

Also, say what you want about you're McFadden, Fargas, Bush combo. Fargas is good, but the other two haven't proved anything. So hype them up all you want, because that's all you can do at the moment.

And don't get me started with Russell. He played a couple games and played part time last year. So what if Jerry Rice crowned him as a good future QB? He, just like this whole new Raiders team, has yet to prove anything 'til the season starts.

I'm not saying my Niners are better. But I think it's common sense to say Mike Martz is an upgrade over Mike Nolan's playcalling and Jim Hostler's listening.

Now don't be biased and be real. Both teams have yet to prove anything yet. So stop predicting and take it one game at a time.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:40 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
If someone is going to win 6 games and the other win only 4 then the Raiders are more likely to get teh 6 wins (Hey i have them pencilled in for 9 wins, but i'd take 6 if it meant the niners only got 4)

Honestly??Ok first off the chargers are going to win the afc west,i really dont think you can make an arguement that the raiders can win the afc west.Also Jamarcus is yet to prove himself,as well as your backfield with exception of fargas who is a decent back.The afc is too tough for the raiders to even cop a wild card.Whos Jamarcus going to throw to?Your wr's are pretty bad man.
Go Ham
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:44 pm
webelieve wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:

Honestly??Ok first off the chargers are going to win the afc west,i really dont think you can make an arguement that the raiders can win the afc west.Also Jamarcus is yet to prove himself,as well as your backfield with exception of fargas who is a decent back.The afc is too tough for the raiders to even cop a wild card.Whos Jamarcus going to throw to?Your wr's are pretty bad man.

talk in here is useless...let the game prove it...Jamarcus is good or not..nobody know yet but we can't say Raiders cannot win 6 games...
same as niners....

my eighth sense telling me Charger are not going to make the 1st in afc
west...believe me or not (maybe not..i knew it already :mrgreen: )
it's going to be Broncos and Raiders to compete in 1st & 2nd spot for AFC west... :wink:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:48 pm
GSW United wrote:
webelieve wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:

talk in here is useless...let the game prove it...Jamarcus is good or not..nobody know yet but we can't say Raiders cannot win 6 games...
same as niners....

it's going to be Broncos and Raiders to compete in 1st & 2nd spot for AFC west... :wink:
if they don't win the west it is norv turner fault such a bad head coach
I like pie
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:12 pm
GSW United wrote:
webelieve wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:

same as niners....

poppin pills? :wink:

haha broncos i can see in second man...but i just dont see the men in black up there...

we will see i guess,just get ready for the nfc west 08 champ shirts in the bay hahaha
Go Ham
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:26 pm
xbay wrote:Since when does FA cure a teams' problems? It doesn't matter who you sign and how many you bring in, it's about whether they perform or not. So seriously, neither teams' free agents have proven anything. Breaking it down though:

You call acquiring Kwame Harris something that was well addressed? The guy has proven nothing but being able to draw a penalty on a big play made.

Javon Walker? If you get the Green Bay Packers Javon Walker, sure. But if you get the Denver Broncos one, have fun.

You're d-line is anchored by Derrick Burgess and Tommy Kelly... not that intimidating.

You're overrating your defensive backs. DeAngelo Hall is the most overrated corner back in the NFL. Some claim he's a top 5, he's not even a top 10. And I doubt he's even in the top 15. And you better hope Gabril Wilson doesn't turn into one of those ex-Superbowl champs that don't do anything their following year on a new team like Rhodes.

Also, say what you want about you're McFadden, Fargas, Bush combo. Fargas is good, but the other two haven't proved anything. So hype them up all you want, because that's all you can do at the moment.

And don't get me started with Russell. He played a couple games and played part time last year. So what if Jerry Rice crowned him as a good future QB? He, just like this whole new Raiders team, has yet to prove anything 'til the season starts.

I'm not saying my Niners are better. But I think it's common sense to say Mike Martz is an upgrade over Mike Nolan's playcalling and Jim Hostler's listening.

Now don't be biased and be real. Both teams have yet to prove anything yet. So stop predicting and take it one game at a time.

There's a lot of Raider hatred... in your post. But i gotten use to that from stupid Queen Nation, i mean your dynasty built by Bill Walsh was built on a lot of the fundamentals he learnt when he was a Coach in Oakland.

Your gonna be doing a lot of crying and sulking this season when Alex Smith dont deliver and Nolan is headed to the unemployment line.

Me, GSW United, Joel and Oakland Fanatic and the rest of the nation, will be spraying the breasts of supermodels with our Don Periogn and Moet cause thats what us champions do!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:54 pm
Pawno, I understand your back against the wall mentality in terms of being a raider fan on this board, but crediting the Raiders for building the Niners dynasty ( by teaching the genius) is far fetched. The guy had a genius offensive mind, and I believe he even had some kind of masters thesis on offensive football or something at SJSU.

Overall, we can't tell anything until they start playing games. The niners made some good moves last offseason and it got them crap. The same could happen to the Raiders, who knows? I'm all about optimism for next years season, but i'm a lot more cautious after last year.
Next

Return to Sports Board