Celtics or Lakers?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Who will win in the latest installment of this epic rivalry?

Lakers 4-0
0
No votes
Lakers 4-1
1
5%
Lakers 4-2
6
27%
Lakers 4-3
2
9%
Celtics 4-3
6
27%
Celtics 4-2
5
23%
Celtics 4-1
1
5%
Celtics 4-0
0
No votes
Who cares? Where's my monster truck rally?
1
5%
 
Total votes : 22

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:29 am
Well, it is THE classic rivalry, and I have to admit that since C Paul didn't make it, I am so grateful it is not a Detroit-San Antonio rematch. That said, who will win?
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:31 pm
Im for the Celts finally finding a rhythm and being too much for the Fakers..........I voted for Celtics in 6.

KG will shut down Pau, Pierce will reign in Kobe a little..........and Ray Ray will return! (damn hes been quiet hasnt he?)

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:25 pm
i said celtics in 7.

pierce will get semi-locked by kobe and kobe will reign on pierce. but KG is way too much for gasol to handle and ray allen showed signs of coming out of his slump towards the end of last series.

i hate kobe and i hope that the lakers lose the series and that kobe's wife leaves him and takes all his money with her. you know i think he's kissing her ass everytime he cheats cuz he prolly didnt get a pre-nup and she could take half of everything.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:09 pm
E-Man wrote:i hate kobe and i hope that the lakers lose the series and that kobe's wife leaves him and takes all his money with her. you know i think he's kissing her ass everytime he cheats cuz he prolly didnt get a pre-nup and she could take half of everything.

lol. I second this 100%.

I say Celtics in 7. I love Paul Pierce and I hope he destroys Kobe(although it is unlikely). He is the kind of off-court player that Kobe should be.
I'm also rooting for Cal alum Powe. Hopefully he can have more of a role in this series than he did in the Detroit series.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:21 pm
Location: Menlo Park, California
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:01 pm
E-Man wrote:i said celtics in 7.

pierce will get semi-locked by kobe and kobe will reign on pierce. but KG is way too much for gasol to handle and ray allen showed signs of coming out of his slump towards the end of last series.

i hate kobe and i hope that the lakers lose the series and that kobe's wife leaves him and takes all his money with her. you know i think he's kissing her ass everytime he cheats cuz he prolly didnt get a pre-nup and she could take half of everything.


Somehow I can just echo everything about that post :-) Well put E-Man
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: SpringTown, Livermore
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:15 pm
E-Man wrote:i said celtics in 7.

pierce will get semi-locked by kobe and kobe will reign on pierce. but KG is way too much for gasol to handle and ray allen showed signs of coming out of his slump towards the end of last series.

i hate kobe and i hope that the lakers lose the series and that kobe's wife leaves him and takes all his money with her. you know i think he's kissing her ass everytime he cheats cuz he prolly didnt get a pre-nup and she could take half of everything.
many you don't even wish that on your worst enemy. that is too cold :wink:
I like pie
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:58 pm
I don't have the same level of Kobe hate that others on this board seem to. He is, along with CPaul and LBJ, one of the three most astonishing players in the game, and, like them, is capable of singlehandedly taking over and willing to a win. I just see the Lakers as way too strong and deep for the celtics. If you rank the big three on each team, it would go Kobe, KG, Pierce, Gasol, Odom and Allen, but there is zero comparison beyond that, as the Lakers have a legit 11 man rotation. That said, with Boston's home court, I pick the Lakers in 7, winning the final game in Boston. I know this is corny, but I also think Kobe has the strongest "will to win" of any superstar since MJ - he is a true assassin.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:39 pm
Think Celts will win because they have home court advantage so Celts in 7.

Kobe will outplay Pierce, though probably by no more than 5-6pts a game. Garnett will dominate Gasol somewhat, outplaying him in every facet, especially defensively. RAllen needs to shoot and score well and Rondo needs to keep up the allround play. Kendrick Perkins is the biggest x factor in this series as he is bigger than all players in this series, strengthwise, and can rebound like a monster against the smaller and weaker Lakers bigs
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:29 pm
I want to the Celtics to win it, so they're my pick. I think, if anything, we'll see the Celtics take it this year. Then we'll see another Celtics/Lakers Finals match-up next year, but the Lakers will take it because Bynum will prove a difference maker. But hey, what do I know, it's just a prediction.
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 2:52 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:11 am
coltraning wrote:I don't have the same level of Kobe hate that others on this board seem to. He is, along with CPaul and LBJ, one of the three most astonishing players in the game, and, like them, is capable of singlehandedly taking over and willing to a win. I just see the Lakers as way too strong and deep for the celtics. If you rank the big three on each team, it would go Kobe, KG, Pierce, Gasol, Odom and Allen, but there is zero comparison beyond that, as the Lakers have a legit 11 man rotation. That said, with Boston's home court, I pick the Lakers in 7, winning the final game in Boston. I know this is corny, but I also think Kobe has the strongest "will to win" of any superstar since MJ - he is a true assassin.


i'm right there with you. the dude is flat-out incredible. i don't give a flying crap what kind of person he is...i want to be entertained, and he is the best there is. the Lakers will win in 6, maybe 5. Boston has struggled plenty in the playoffs, and can't get any of it's "big 3" to get it going consistently, while the Lakers have pretty much dominated from the start, and Kobe has gotten a good amount of rest. not only that look at the coaching matchup...the Zen Master vs. Doc Rivers. LOL.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:50 pm
Maybe Vegi wrote:
coltraning wrote:I don't have the same level of Kobe hate that others on this board seem to. He is, along with CPaul and LBJ, one of the three most astonishing players in the game, and, like them, is capable of singlehandedly taking over and willing to a win. I just see the Lakers as way too strong and deep for the celtics. If you rank the big three on each team, it would go Kobe, KG, Pierce, Gasol, Odom and Allen, but there is zero comparison beyond that, as the Lakers have a legit 11 man rotation. That said, with Boston's home court, I pick the Lakers in 7, winning the final game in Boston. I know this is corny, but I also think Kobe has the strongest "will to win" of any superstar since MJ - he is a true assassin.


i'm right there with you. the dude is flat-out incredible. i don't give a flying crap what kind of person he is...i want to be entertained, and he is the best there is. the Lakers will win in 6, maybe 5. Boston has struggled plenty in the playoffs, and can't get any of it's "big 3" to get it going consistently, while the Lakers have pretty much dominated from the start, and Kobe has gotten a good amount of rest. not only that look at the coaching matchup...the Zen Master vs. Doc Rivers. LOL.

yeah, a huge mismatch...and check out the lineups minus the big three on each team...it is not even close..

I assume that the big three will pretty much balance each other out, but the lakers others DESTROY the Celtics supporting cast, and that is without Bynum
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:05 pm
i think a couple of you might be mixing together my hate for kobe with the series. i dont hate him as a player. he is damn good and better than any player i can comprehend since jordan as far as the total package of a star player. i hate KOBE. i want the celtics to win cuz i hate the lakers. i want kobe's wife to leave him cuz i hate kobe. of course a lot of my hate for him comes from that he is a laker and i hate the lakers...but as i player, i cant hate him for being good.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 pm
Location: Where Da Wild Things R
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:26 am
I hate the FAKERS, but I also truly hate BEANTOWN and everything associated with it. That being said, I really don't care who wins. I just wanna see some players get embarrassed (i.e. dunked on, broken ankles, etc.)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:41 am
I think this is easily the most intriguing final since Bulls-Jazz, and perhaps since Lakers-Bulls in 91...certainly the most starpower. If the NBA can't get good ratings on this one, something is seriously wrong.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:56 am
speakonitgod wrote:I hate the FAKERS, but I also truly hate BEANTOWN and everything associated with it. That being said, I really don't care who wins. I just wanna see some players get embarrassed (i.e. dunked on, broken ankles, etc.)


you made crack up... good one... ::lol:

yeah, I don't really care who wins this one.
I always end up rooting for the underdog team to pull out an upset with great all around team play. Though Celts looked very beatable in the playoffs especially in the Atlanta series. Lakers are favored to win.
I feel myself leaning towards the Celts... lol... It would be cool to see them pull together as a team and embarass Kobe. Kobe and co. could easily do the same to them. Makes for a good series all around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Next

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests