Beat La Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:15 pm
::lol: did I see Tom Cruise appear for a second in the back seat?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:24 pm
Jackattack wrote:::lol: did I see Tom Cruise appear for a second in the back seat?

Almost!!!........I didnt spot that before, nice one Jack, its pretty uncanny............but just the young/shaven headed Vujacic I think. :mrgreen:

I remember when I saw the Warriors vs Fakers (the game in my sig actually) and I remember looking at Vujacic in the shoot arounds and thinking............."Damn, I could take that kids roster spot"..............but hes improved I suppose.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:39 pm
So was that a foul, fellas? Fisher making contact on Brent Barry shooting a three, supposedly?

Well, I think the refs made the right call by letting the players decide the game instead of the whistles.

Then again, they didn't do that when Monta "supposedly" pushed Fisher to the floor at the end of the game.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:48 pm
xbay wrote:So was that a foul, fellas? Fisher making contact on Brent Barry shooting a three, supposedly?

Well, I think the refs made the right call by letting the players decide the game instead of the whistles.

Then again, they didn't do that when Monta "supposedly" pushed Fisher to the floor at the end of the game.

i honestly think the call (or no call for this matter) could have gone either way. in the replay it shows clearly that brent barry initiated contact by bumping his shoulder into fisher. had he gone straight up or shot without initiating contact fisher would have landed right in front of him. and in the other hand, ive seen it called many times and was surprised when the whistle wasnt blown.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:50 am
xbay wrote:So was that a foul, fellas? Fisher making contact on Brent Barry shooting a three, supposedly?

For me..........the reason the foul wasnt called was Barry's fault...........if hed have just felt the contact and gone up/straight through it, it would have been a foul. Barry gave a good fake, Fisher initiated the contact but Barry didnt use it.

Fisher jumped into him, was ontop of him but Barry took a dribble and pretty much shrugged the contact off/kinda moved away from it............yes Fisher hit him a little but Barry needed to go through him to get the call.

As much as I hate the Fakers and dont want to see them win............that was a good no-call because Barry didnt earn it.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:53 am
Most people think it was a good no-call. The league surprisingly said it should have been a foul.

I disagree with that. The whole idea of getting a guy in the air and then diving under him is offensive flopping. Fisher went pretty much straight up, but what in the world was he thinking getting into that dangerous situation.

Genobli, for one, would have instantly initiated contact and gotten the call because the flop is his first instinct.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:13 am
carlgo wrote:Most people think it was a good no-call. The league surprisingly said it should have been a foul.

I disagree with that. The whole idea of getting a guy in the air and then diving under him is offensive flopping. Fisher went pretty much straight up, but what in the world was he thinking getting into that dangerous situation.

Genobli, for one, would have instantly initiated contact and gotten the call because the flop is his first instinct.

Thing is though man.......... as a shooter have the right to shoot, and if a guy is within your shooting circle (the space you need to get your shot up) and has jumped into it, which is what Fisher had done, then you should have the right to go up and shoot.

Just because the defender is close to you like that and off balance..........doesnt mean you have to do the "honourable" thing and let him be all over you and in your space like that............if that were the case, then sneaky ass/cheating defenders like Fisher would prosper and then everyone would be moaning about that.

I dont consider that flopping at all............if you clearly see a guy jump into a defender just to get the call, then thats wrong............but Barry could have just gone straight up and it would have been a foul.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:06 am
GOD I HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Fakers.

This just sums up there scum bag status...............finals seconds of game 5, there up by 5, theyve broken the Spurs trap, San An. not fouling, just run out the game and celebrate..............Vujacic launches and buries the un-guarded 3!!!

Just shows a total lack of respect.............you just dont do that sh*t!!!

If I was a Spurs player, I would have lumped him one on his Faker nose! :evil:

Scum, scum, scum!!! :banghead:

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:37 pm
bigstrads wrote:
carlgo wrote:Most people think it was a good no-call. The league surprisingly said it should have been a foul.

Thing is though man.......... as a shooter have the right to shoot, and if a guy is within your shooting circle (the space you need to get your shot up) and has jumped into it, which is what Fisher had done, then you should have the right to go up and shoot.

Just because the defender is close to you like that and off balance..........doesnt mean you have to do the "honourable" thing and let him be all over you and in your space like that............if that were the case, then sneaky ass/cheating defenders like Fisher would prosper and then everyone would be moaning about that.

I dont consider that flopping at all............if you clearly see a guy jump into a defender just to get the call, then thats wrong............but Barry could have just gone straight up and it would have been a foul.

I was indeed referring to the cases where the offensive players go out of their way to get calls, sometime even chasing retreating defenders and running into them. It just seems like the game is turning into a foul contest where the players are more concerned with creating favorable calls and going to the line a zillion times than they are in scoring field goals.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:31 pm
bigstrads wrote:GOD I HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Fakers.

This just sums up there scum bag status...............finals seconds of game 5, there up by 5, theyve broken the Spurs trap, San An. not fouling, just run out the game and celebrate..............Vujacic launches and buries the un-guarded 3!!!

Just shows a total lack of respect.............you just dont do that sh*t!!!

If I was a Spurs player, I would have lumped him one on his Faker nose! :evil:

Scum, scum, scum!!! :banghead:

Vujacic totally sold a slap by Ginobili. I mean, he got slapped. Yet, he acted like Rocky just hit him with a haymaker. Oh well, Ginobili flops. Vujacic acts. No wonder this all happened in Hollywood.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum