trade idea

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:10 pm
Al Harrington
2nd Rounder

for

Chris Wilcox
Luke Ridnour

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:51 pm
i highly doubt the sonics would go for this. im sure they not only would want to keep wilcox, but theyd want our first round pick instead of our second rounder.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:35 am
E-Man wrote:i highly doubt the sonics would go for this. im sure they not only would want to keep wilcox, but theyd want our first round pick instead of our second rounder.

There is that.................and the rather more pressing fact that the trade wouldnt work under the CBA =

Wilcox and Ridnour earn a combined $13,000,000

Harrington earns $8,400,000

:roll:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 am
bigstrads wrote:
E-Man wrote:i highly doubt the sonics would go for this. im sure they not only would want to keep wilcox, but theyd want our first round pick instead of our second rounder.

There is that.................and the rather more pressing fact that the trade wouldnt work under the CBA =

We do have a TE still though. E.g. trade exception for Ridnour and Harrington for Wilcox. Not saying I think the trade would happen.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:07 am
cladden wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

We do have a TE still though. E.g. trade exception for Ridnour and Harrington for Wilcox. Not saying I think the trade would happen.

True.............but that didnt come into my mind as it would be pretty insane to use a 10 mil TE to make up 4.5 mil in a trade.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:21 pm
tl95121 wrote:Al Harrington
2nd Rounder

for

Chris Wilcox
Luke Ridnour

dont trip tl95121, not everyone in here is as menstrual as bigstrads....

I see why youd want us to the trade, Luke Ridnour would be a good back up PG for us and give Baron some minutes to rest. Wilcox would give us a legitimate big man we needed so much this year. We give up Harrington who is pretty much useless to us at the 4 and isnt good enough to play big minutes at the 3 with Capt. Jack here. And we give up the pick, which we really dont need with all this young talent we have.

Reason i dont think we need to do it is because we already have Wright and he should be the starting PF this year or at least get huge minutes. So Wilcox would be riding the pine for us and getting paid big bucks to do it. It all depends on how much we use wright this year. And if we do use the TE it should be for a player that will be heads and tails above any of our starters now. Like Marion, Brand, ect...

Return to Trades