RAIDERS
47%
49ers
53%

Total votes : 15

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:20 am
Oh i forgot to shed light on the fact that the Raiders and Steelers were the 1st 2 teams to reach 3 superbowls... an amazing fact considering that both dynasties come from the uber competitive AFC!!!

Sure the Niners have won 5 superbowls and they did it without any losses. But there platform was built on the Raiders model... spread the field with the deep ball!!! Bill Walsh had it pretty darn good with his binoculars and checking out what Al Davis was doing on the otherside of the Bay!!!

Anyways bring on our Next Lombardi Raider Nation

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:29 am
bada wrote:I heard that Russell is at 300 lb's right now. WOW. I know he is a big dude but if true, that tells me alot about him

what have you heard lately :mrgreen:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:55 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Oh i forgot to shed light on the fact that the Raiders and Steelers were the 1st 2 teams to reach 3 superbowls... an amazing fact considering that both dynasties come from the uber competitive AFC!!!

Sure the Niners have won 5 superbowls and they did it without any losses. But there platform was built on the Raiders model... spread the field with the deep ball!!! Bill Walsh had it pretty darn good with his binoculars and checking out what Al Davis was doing on the otherside of the Bay!!!

The AFC wasn't always the best conference. Don't forget that the NFC had its moments and the AFC wasn't always "uber competitive".

Uhh, Bill Walsh created the West Coast offense. Something your Raiders fancied off of. Besides, even if he did check out what Al was doing, he did a pretty damn good job at making our offense look even better than yours.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:15 am
xbay wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Oh i forgot to shed light on the fact that the Raiders and Steelers were the 1st 2 teams to reach 3 superbowls... an amazing fact considering that both dynasties come from the uber competitive AFC!!!

The AFC wasn't always the best conference. Don't forget that the NFC had its moments and the AFC wasn't always "uber competitive".

Uhh, Bill Walsh created the West Coast offense. Something your Raiders fancied off of. Besides, even if he did check out what Al was doing, he did a pretty damn good job at making our offense look even better than yours.

Im saying it was uber competitive when they won all there superbowls back in the early 80's. the power swung to the Niners and Cowboys by the late 80's and 90's.

I'm just saying in a Raiders v Niners arguement/discussion... you gotta give the men in black there due props for creating a platform and then the Niners basically copying what they did.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:42 pm
Copying the Raiders? Oh no. We did our own thing. We copied off no one. You did your thing, we did ours. There was no copying.

I gotta admit pawno, you're pissing me off because you're getting me all hyped up for this NFL season yet it's FREAKING 3-4 MONTHS AWAY! With the Warriors not qualifying, the Giants winning every once or twice every three starts, and the Sharks losing in the second round AGAIN, I just want to see some FOOTBALL!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:21 am
xbay wrote:Copying the Raiders? Oh no. We did our own thing. We copied off no one. You did your thing, we did ours. There was no copying.

I gotta admit pawno, you're pissing me off because you're getting me all hyped up for this NFL season yet it's FREAKING 3-4 MONTHS AWAY! With the Warriors not qualifying, the Giants winning every once or twice every three starts, and the Sharks losing in the second round AGAIN, I just want to see some FOOTBALL!

Man your getting hyped???

I was hyped March 1st when our Free Agent signings started rolling in. Sure we spent a bit of coin and some cases overspent but as a Raider fan with our Scheduale, we sure as hell got a lot more to look forward to then the Niners. (You guys ain't done **** this offseason, except bring back a underachieving coach)

I got it pretty sweet xbay down here in Australia when it comes to Footy...
Feb-May Super 14 Rugby (Provinicial Rugby played between teams from NZ RSA and Australia)
June-September - Test Rugby (National teams play a Tri-series of RSA,Aus and NZ and Northern Hemisphere teams like France, England and Ireland tour the Southern Hemisphere during this period)
September-December - THE NFL BABY!!!

The only cravings i get is for hoops because the NBA is played in the same time of year as Australian basketball.... But the Olympics and World Championship BBALL keeps me occupied every 2 offseasons :-)
Previous

Return to Sports Board