BD for the 2nd pick...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:54 pm
Let's have BD agree to a trade to the Miami Heat since Riley is looking for impact players!!! I don't think they will have keep both Beasley and Marion if Beasley is available...

Let's acquire Beasley and have him play the 3 and have Wright as our future PF!!! We need to get bigger and Beasley will provide instant offense and some rebounding help...Worry about the PG situation later...We have plenty of players who can help bring the ball up...

Let's start rebuilding with letting the 29 yr old PG go!!! Let's start with the future with a lineup of Ellis, S-Jax, Wright, Beasley and Andris...

I like Beasley's toughness and attutide...Maybe we won't get beat up as much with this trade...Make it happen Mullin then I'll trully be a Dubs fan for life...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:43 pm
It would be even better if the bulls ended up draft beasly so we could have rose.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:13 pm
why I respond I don't know, but here i go...

Who the hell is gonna play the point? and don't say Monta!!!

you guys and your thoughts about trading BD, I just don't see us getting anybody better. Sure, if he wants much more than he's worth, We might have to get rid of him, but wait until the contract talks at least.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:49 pm
Forget about Rose!!! PG is not our weakness even if we lost BD...We need a player who can rebound, score inside and get us some easy baskets...I really don't care about another guard...

If Rose slips to the 2nd pick, Miami is not gonna trade him and that pick won't be available to anybody...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:26 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:why I respond I don't know, but here i go...

Who the hell is gonna play the point? and don't say Monta!!!

you guys and your thoughts about trading BD, I just don't see us getting anybody better. Sure, if he wants much more than he's worth, We might have to get rid of him, but wait until the contract talks at least.

I understand your resistance to trading away BD and not getting a legit PG back, but teams dont neccesarily need an All-Star PG to win Titles, look at the Bulls teams, Rockets teams, Spurs team, Heat teams. So i actually like this trade alot, if we can get 10-12 years from an All-Star player for a aging PG who isnt going to resign with us next year we would be Isiah Thomas stupid not to do it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:57 pm
What people need to understand is what unbalance losing Baron could create on the team. The team has just been much better since he arrived and though not looking like a championship caliber team, it will be difficult to improve as a TEAM if he goes. You need a good PG, at least a pretty good one, otherwise most of the other players are not going to be used effectively and for the team to be a good one, playoff caliber in the West at least, you need at least three allstar type players, and that is if the PG is at least pretty good.

Monta isn't really a PG and more to the point, likely doesn't want to be one and wants to remain primarily a scorer more than anything else. A rookie PG will mean the team definately misses the playoffs next season and likely for two more.

The team has committed to BWright somewhat and he needs to be given a chance to be the starting PF, at least get 15-20mins a game, at least until he is proven as not being effective enough or a better PF attained, which would be stupid since arguably the best or 2nd best player on the team three years ago was traded for him.

As much as he is disliked by other GMs (apparently anyway), SJackson might have a high value right now and likely will never play as good as last season again. He could be used in some trade for improvement.

Fact is, as long as the team has this don Nelson strategy, it is very difficult to get the right players in that system. It has been very good so far and sometimes looks like it can't be matched by ANY TEAM in the nba, but falters more than it works against elite teams and hasn't resulted in near championship success. Nelson is headed out soon anyway so things will have to be changed a bit anyway so best the team is kept together now

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:55 pm
Why would Miami do this again? And what 17mill worth of contracts are we taking back (or do they have an exception in that range or that kind of capspace?

This is just not happening. I'd be all for it though

Return to Trades