WHOA!!!!

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:02 pm
JUST HEARD ON ESPN!!!!

NUGGETS AND NETS TALKING ABOUT A TRADE THAT WOULD INVOLVE MELO AND CAMBY GOIN TO NJ FOR RJ, MARCUS WILLIAMS, AND RIGHTS TO VAN HORN!!!!
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:06 pm
Ugh... link me up? :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:07 pm
That trade is too ridiculous to be even true (I read the rumour too)..............I mean come on!!! Melo, a young star and the DPOY stat wise.............for an ageing RJ, a young unproven PG, a mid/early double figure pick and cap space.............. :shock:

Would truelly be a terrible trade for the Nuggets.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:15 pm
instead of linking ill quote it...im not sure who has insider or not

Blockbuster Deal In The Works?
Multiple league sources said the Nets and Nuggets have discussed a blockbuster deal that would bring Carmelo Anthony and Marcus Camby to New Jersey. In return, Denver would get a package that includes Richard Jefferson, Marcus Williams, Keith Van Horn's contract and the Nets' lottery pick. There likely is more involved to make the salaries match up, but the sources said the trade could happen, making Tuesday even more important.
The Nets, in the lottery for the first time since 2001, have only a 1.1 percent chance of getting the top pick and a less than 4 percent chance of jumping into the top three. They just hope they don't fall from their current spot at 10.

Team president Rod Thorn and general manager Kiki Vandeweghe have been gauging interest in Jefferson and Williams as well as their picks since the regular season ended last month. -- The Record
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:59 pm
What a ridiculous trade for Denver. But it comes to no surprise. The Nuggets have been talking about getting rid of Carmelo due to all the troubles he brings to the team off the court. They're also tired of his immaturity. But still, if anything, they should discuss for a different offer. That offer is just stupid.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:02 pm
I would take Carmelo for the Warriors. We can package O'Bryant, Pietrus, and maybe Barnes...

(mocking mista240sx) :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:10 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I would take Carmelo for the Warriors. We can package O'Bryant, Pietrus, and maybe Barnes...

(mocking mista240sx) :wink:

Why you mocking me for i dont mock you so dont mock me i diddnt do anything to you..... but yeah i would give up our 14th pick, al harrington, belli and pietrus for him its better than what the nets are offering.

Fab five

davis
ellis
jackson
anthony
biedrins
Clifford Rozier rememer him?

Return to Trades