Can Anybody Win on the Road???!!!

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:34 am
Hey all-
After watching the Hawks drop the 7th game to the Celtics in Boston, then the Hornets lose to the Spurs after dominating them at home I read that the home teams are 10-0 in the second round?? I actually thought the Lakers would beat the Jazz in Salt Lake City but it was the same old, same old. It's becoming a crashing bore. I know it's not easy to go into your opponents court and win but is it IMPOSSIBLE? Next thing you'll know the Celtics will get blown out by the Cavs in Cleveland-ha ha! I've been enjoying seeing the Hornets play, I'm hoping that they can pull one out in San Antonio. After seeing the gutless performance by the Nuggets against the Lakers I really wish we could've gone to the playoffs instead of them. Anybody else disgusted with the lack of road wins? Peace out...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:47 pm
Well, the Pistons are the first road team to win away after beating the Magic 90-89 to go up 3-1. Boston gets added to the list of teams that has yet to get a road win after they get blown out by the Cavs. If this keeps up(disregarding the Pistons of course), then we minus well just say that we'll be seeing the Lakers/Hornets and Pistons/Celtics in the Conference Finals.

But I'm not disgusted w/ the lack of road wins. Just goes to show these teams know how to protect home court. Though, I think the Lakers will take game 4. But do note that these teams are better home teams than road teams. All teams, except the Magic, had better home records than road records.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:05 am
I'm only disappointed with the Celtics. There's no reason for that team to have lost all their road games in the playoffs.

As for the rest of the teams, it's not like it's easy to win on those courts. I don't thik we'll see many road wins in the west this year.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:36 am
damn i would of hated to be a celtic fan in that last series against atl...i dont think i would of slept much at night.
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:35 pm
TMC wrote:I'm only disappointed with the Celtics. There's no reason for that team to have lost all their road games in the playoffs.

As for the rest of the teams, it's not like it's easy to win on those courts. I don't thik we'll see many road wins in the west this year.

TMC u kno exactly why they havent been playing well in the playoffs. Doc Rivers is a complete joke of a coach.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:36 am
jimbob631 wrote:
TMC wrote:I'm only disappointed with the Celtics. There's no reason for that team to have lost all their road games in the playoffs.

TMC u kno exactly why they havent been playing well in the playoffs. Doc Rivers is a complete joke of a coach.

I know, but still... that roster should be able to get a few wins on the road against east teams. I'm not saying they should be undefeated, but losing EVERY road game?. That's a bit too much for a team with KG, Pierce, Ray Allen and a few good role players like Powe and Rondo...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:22 am
still-only takes ONE road game to totally change a series
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:10 pm
Quazza wrote:still-only takes ONE road game to totally change a series

Just like the Pistons/Magic where Chauncey Billups was out and the Pistons were able to rally behind each other and take game five on the road to go up 3-1 instead of being like the other three series and be tied 2-2. If anyone is worried about having to win on the road, it's the Jazz, Spurs, and Cavs because if the home team never loses, the higher seeds are moving on.

Return to NBA Forum