Barry Zito Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:59 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:We're going to have this guy for a long time. If there are corrections to be made and things to be tried, by all means, go for it. If he isn't trying anything and is just sucking every 5 days, then bench him.

Agreed...I will wait until tomorrow morning to cast further judgement :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:59 pm
Rehren1296 wrote:I hope it did you some good you whinny bitch!

I dont think he is a whinny bitch. He never blamed anybody but himself for anything. He isnt going Armando Benetez on us and blaming everybody. I actually respect Zito for owning up to how he is playing.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:09 pm
Right after he was signed last year he came on Ralph and Tom whinning about some **** that was supposedly said on there show, and Ralph put him in his place.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:15 pm
Rehren1296 wrote:Right after he was signed last year he came on Ralph and Tom whinning about some **** that was supposedly said on there show, and Ralph put him in his place.

Ralph puts everybody in their place. He is one opinionated SOB. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:48 pm
Is Zito now in the fifth spot?
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:06 pm
stop complaining Zito....he is really suffering and noone seems like understand what he felt.
I just feel pity for him and everyday i listen to the KNBR a lot of call are just negative comment.
well...Zito....stay strong then... :(

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:46 pm
GSW United wrote:stop complaining Zito....he is really suffering and noone seems like understand what he felt.
I just feel pity for him and everyday i listen to the KNBR a lot of call are just negative comment.
You're being sarcastic right? Zito needs to grow up is what he needs to do. He suffers from the same thing that Eric Chavez suffers from. That is spending there entire careers with that Frat house of and MLB team Oakland A's.(I'm actually an A's fan) Neither of them mentally matured into Adult ball players, and now that Zito is the face of a franchise with a much richer history, and passionate fan base he can't cope. What Zito needs is a true mentor is what he needs. But that can't logically happen while he's the highest paid player on that team. It's almost too late for Zito. He's the spoiled brat of baseball.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:47 pm
GSW United wrote:stop complaining Zito....he is really suffering and noone seems like understand what he felt.
You're being sarcastic right? Zito needs to grow up is what he needs to do. He suffers from the same thing that Eric Chavez suffers from. That is spending there entire careers with that Frat house of and MLB team Oakland A's.(I'm actually an A's fan) Neither of them mentally matured into Adult ball players, and now that Zito is the face of a franchise with a much richer history, and passionate fan base he can't cope. What Zito needs is a true mentor But that realistically won't happen as long as he's the highest paid player on that team. It's almost too late for Zito. He's the spoiled brat of baseball.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:37 pm
Rehren1296 wrote:Is Zito now in the fifth spot?

i was wondering the same thing. he took correia's spot... he pitched well today, that was good to see. i think he's on the right track. we'll see what happens.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:40 pm
ceddy wrote:
Rehren1296 wrote:Is Zito now in the fifth spot?

i was wondering the same thing. he took correia's spot... he pitched well today, that was good to see. i think he's on the right track. we'll see what happens.

Yeah...not a bad day, considering what we had seen earlier this year...some run support would have been nice. Another 2 or 3 starts, maybe a few that resulted in W's and I think he can snap out of his funk. I think we need to see more, but I can lay off Zeets, at least until his next start :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:41 pm
Rehren1296 wrote:
You're being sarcastic right? Zito needs to grow up is what he needs to do. He suffers from the same thing that Eric Chavez suffers from. That is spending there entire careers with that Frat house of and MLB team Oakland A's.(I'm actually an A's fan) Neither of them mentally matured into Adult ball players, and now that Zito is the face of a franchise with a much richer history, and passionate fan base he can't cope. What Zito needs is a true mentor is what he needs. But that can't logically happen while he's the highest paid player on that team. It's almost too late for Zito. He's the spoiled brat of baseball.

dunno what you've been watching. he hasnt complained once about his lack of run support. and he's near the top. granted he hasnt pitched well enough to keep us in games, but still, with a little luck he'd have a couple wins. im not making excuses for the guy. everyone knew he wasnt worth 126 mill, but u cant blame anyone but tha giants for giving the contract, so leave him alone!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:46 am
I do blame the Giants, but only Zito can man up. Seriously thought, it looks like the rest of the Giants don't want to win for Zito.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:28 pm
ceddy wrote:
Rehren1296 wrote:

dunno what you've been watching. he hasnt complained once about his lack of run support. and he's near the top. granted he hasnt pitched well enough to keep us in games, but still, with a little luck he'd have a couple wins. im not making excuses for the guy. everyone knew he wasnt worth 126 mill, but u cant blame anyone but tha giants for giving the contract, so leave him alone!

True, and correct me if I'm wrong, but he has one of the worst run support averages from his team in the whole entire league. The Giants average around 1-2 runs a game when he pitches. He had 6 rough outings and one good return one, but there hasn't been really any offense to help him out.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:41 pm
Zito doesn't know as the crappiest starting pitcher in the the league to pitch around the hot bat in the league???
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:52 pm
Well Zito had it until the 6th, but the game was still tied even after he left. Chulk and Valdez didn't exactly help out. But if Zito stayed, he probably would've blew it in the 7th anyway.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board