Would you make this trade?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:40 pm
With Josh Howard on the block. http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... sh_howard/

Would you give up Al Harrington along with one of our swingmen (Pietrus, Barnes, or Azu) through a sign and trade for Josh Howard? I know he had some recent off the court issues but he is a hell of a talent. Hes tough, athletic, and a player who plays great D. I think I would make this deal if I were Mullin.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:34 pm
well if there was ever a time to get him now would be it. His value must be hideously low right now with his poor performance on court and off the court. I just worry that he is on a continual decline and will never be back to his allstar form.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:14 am
BDIDDY707 wrote:With Josh Howard on the block. http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... sh_howard/

Would you give up Al Harrington along with one of our swingmen (Pietrus, Barnes, or Azu) through a sign and trade for Josh Howard? I know he had some recent off the court issues but he is a hell of a talent. Hes tough, athletic, and a player who plays great D. I think I would make this deal if I were Mullin.

Hell yeah
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:37 am
cladden wrote:
BDIDDY707 wrote:With Josh Howard on the block. http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... sh_howard/

Hell yeah

Ditto.

btw, who says Josh Howard is on the block? Because I don't think Dallas will move him unless it's to clearly improve their roster, and that deal won't be enticing enough for them.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:49 pm
You guys really think Dallas wants to help out GS??? Whatever!!! Keep dreaming!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:50 pm
So is this a fantasy league trade???Cause this ain't gonna happen!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:12 am
If Mullin could get him, he should and as soon as possible. Harrington, Pietrus or Barnes and the lottery pick would be enough if Dallas is willing to trade JHoward

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:50 am
migya wrote:If Mullin could get him, he should and as soon as possible. Harrington, Pietrus or Barnes and the lottery pick would be enough if Dallas is willing to trade JHoward

Enough to match salaries only, because that deal fits the definition of sh*tty (for Dallas).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:11 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:If Mullin could get him, he should and as soon as possible. Harrington, Pietrus or Barnes and the lottery pick would be enough if Dallas is willing to trade JHoward

Enough to match salaries only, because that deal fits the definition of sh*tty (for Dallas).

Don't see much depth in the Mavs at all right now. Stackhouse is close to retirement and the rest of their bench is unproven and in need of experience. This trade does not give a player that really replaces JHoward, but it does give them two players that can play multiple positions well, as well as score pretty well, and a lottery pick, which they can use to get a player that could probably be good enough to be a starter

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:29 am
migya wrote:Don't see much depth in the Mavs at all right now. Stackhouse is close to retirement and the rest of their bench is unproven and in need of experience. This trade does not give a player that really replaces JHoward, but it does give them two players that can play multiple positions well, as well as score pretty well, and a lottery pick, which they can use to get a player that could probably be good enough to be a starter

I'm just saying that they'll be able to get much more from other teams for Howard, if he's really on the block (which I've already said I doubt).

All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:38 am
I don't like Howard he is too small and doesn't solve our size, defense and rebounding problems!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:09 pm
ya i also dont see anyway dallas would trade howard... I think if they were to blow up the team... he would be one of the guys they would keep for sure.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:01 pm
id do it in a heart beat! now show me where it says dallas would be remotely interested.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:58 am
The only reason I could see for Dallas to want to offload him is him admitting to smoking during the offseason and having played pretty badly for a little while now. I consider him the best player on Dallas' roster.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:09 pm
cladden wrote:I consider him the best player on Dallas' roster.

i second that
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Return to Trades