who will have a better record

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:28 pm
the A's or giants(gnat)

i think it is the A's not being biased here

the A's have a more productive offense frank thomas, daric barton, bobby crosby, eric chavez,(dam he is on the disabled list again)mike sweeney etc. giants best hitters is fred lewis. giants took off our hands barry zito(thanks) tim pitching ace of giants could be cy young IF you guys had an offense hey but hey giants could surprise us never know.
A's world series 4 giants none BITCH
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:31 am
Chances are you are right, but will either team make the Playoffs? So does it really matter? This A's/Giants rivalry has not and will not ever make sense to me. If the A's are soooo great, go onto an Angels board and talk crap. Oh wait a second, Anaheim win the West this year.

At least Giants' fans know the team is bad, especially in the times of rebuilding. The A's are in 1st place after April, and you already want to start printing Playoff tickets. I am a bit confused....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:12 pm
A's_surpise team wrote:the A's have a more productive offense frank thomas, daric barton, bobby crosby, eric chavez,(dam he is on the disabled list again)mike sweeney etc.

It is funny.... Frank Thomas, Bobby Crosby, Chavez, and Sweeney all suck. Thomas, Chavez, and Sweeney are all years past their prime, and Crosby will never amount to the player people want him to be. The Giants' offense is terrible, but the A's is not much better. Both teams suck. Deal with it. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:22 pm
I say the A's but the Giants will have nearly the same record. The A's will fall back to earth sometime. I'll take studs like Fred Lewis, Aaron Rowand, John Bowker, Eugenio Velez, and Bengie Molina over guys like Frank Thomas, Bobby Crosby, Chavez, Sweeney, and Buck. And I'll definitely take Cain, Lincecum and Sanchez over Harden and whoever else is on your staff.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:34 pm
It's amazing how many former A's studs are not total flops. We may have signed Zito to a horrible deal but Beane's biggest error thus far is signing Chavez to longterm money. That guy couldn't hit the ocean if he was standing on the shore. I'd still rather have both of those guys than Mulder. =)
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:07 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
A's_surpise team wrote:the A's have a more productive offense frank thomas, daric barton, bobby crosby, eric chavez,(dam he is on the disabled list again)mike sweeney etc.

It is funny.... Frank Thomas, Bobby Crosby, Chavez, and Sweeney all suck. Thomas, Chavez, and Sweeney are all years past their prime, and Crosby will never amount to the player people want him to be. The Giants' offense is terrible, but the A's is not much better. Both teams suck. Deal with it. :wink:

Oakland A's = 18W 12L 1st place
SF Giants = 13w 16L 3rd place

You can keep thinking the A's suck, it probably helps you cope with your garbage ass team.
Never hesitate to dunk on a mofo.
-rsl
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:24 pm
rslproductions wrote:Oakland A's = 18W 12L 1st place
SF Giants = 13w 16L 3rd place

You can keep thinking the A's suck, it probably helps you cope with your garbage ass team.

It is one month into the season. I guarantee you that both the Giants and the A's will both be in last place, or next to last, by the beginning of the next month.

By the way, the A's divison sucks. The Rangers are terrible, as are the Mariners. The Angels are respectable, but not great.

The Giants, on the other hand, have two of the best in the National League, in the Rockies and D-Backs, with the Dodgers, a very good team of their own.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:52 pm
Oh please - the NL worst isn't clsoe to being a "tough" division.

The D-Backs are legit but the only other team over .500 is LA at 15-13. I'm not saying the AL West is anything great but don't pretend the Giants are facing off against anyone special - the Rockies were a fluke.

And the A's won't be in last in the AL West by the end of May. I'll take bets on that. They aren't winning any hardware this year but aren't nearly as bad as people thought they were.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:04 pm
both teams blow hard. i love my giants, but i can at least admit they suck. you dont need to tell me twice. the a's on the other hand, are better record-wise, but they suck just as much as we do. who gives a fck about the records right now. lemme see if ur still talkin after the all-star break. i cant wait til june 13-15 n june 27-29 wen we both face each other.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:19 pm
giants are HORRIBLE... and A's are just somewhat bad... and im not going on their record... whats funny is I think the giants are playing the best baseball the possibly can right now... AND so are the A's, when it comes down to it, the A's are a better team than the giants.... BUT not by a whole lot..

and this is a biased opinion because I am not a fan of either one of these teams... and im sure if people knew who I liked I would get a lot of crap... haha so I will keep that out of this post.. haha
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:32 pm
pollykraker wrote:And this is a biased opinion because I am not a fan of either one of these teams... and im sure if people knew who I liked I would get a lot of crap... haha so I will keep that out of this post.. haha

Now you better not be a Dodger fan.... that is all I care about. Any team but the Dodgers.... :|

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:52 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pollykraker wrote:And this is a biased opinion because I am not a fan of either one of these teams... and im sure if people knew who I liked I would get a lot of crap... haha so I will keep that out of this post.. haha

Now you better not be a Dodger fan.... that is all I care about. Any team but the Dodgers.... :|

HAHA.... well I am... and thats exactly why I said what I said... hahaha..if it makes you feel any better.. I LOVE the giants ball park.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:54 pm
go dodgers!!!! haha \:D/
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:10 pm
Mods, ban this mo-fo. :banghead:

Just kidding, man. :wink:

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:19 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Mods, ban this mo-fo. :banghead:

Just kidding, man. :wink:

HAHAHAHA

its ok, the dodgers season is always a success as long as we finish ahead of the giants..
Next

Return to Sports Board