Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:48 am
xbay wrote:It makes sense. There's no room for McFadden, Fargas, Jordan, and Rhodes. All four could carry the ball 20+ times a game. I think Jordan is next to leave. They should just keep a two-man rotation at RB. Fargas and McFadden would be just fine. Especially with a guy like JaMarcus at QB who is very mobile and will move out of the pocket from time to time.

And Michael Bush... I'm sure Jordan will be cut at some point before next year, and that will allow them to keep McFadden/Fargas sharing carries and to give a chance to Michael Bush.

The running game will be fine. Is the rest of their offense what doesn't look as promising.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:25 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:It makes sense. There's no room for McFadden, Fargas, Jordan, and Rhodes. All four could carry the ball 20+ times a game. I think Jordan is next to leave. They should just keep a two-man rotation at RB. Fargas and McFadden would be just fine. Especially with a guy like JaMarcus at QB who is very mobile and will move out of the pocket from time to time.

And Michael Bush... I'm sure Jordan will be cut at some point before next year, and that will allow them to keep McFadden/Fargas sharing carries and to give a chance to Michael Bush.

The running game will be fine. Is the rest of their offense what doesn't look as promising.

hmmm doesnt look promising?...russle is without promise?
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:05 pm
Who is he going to throw the ball to?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:47 pm
sleandres wrote:Who is he going to throw the ball to?

Javon Walker, Ronald Curry, Drew Carter...

All Serviceable Wideouts. Drew and Javon are pure speed guys.

Then we got talent and youth in Higgins and Sheilds.

But hey i've also heard we might throw the ball to DeAngelo Hall :shock: a Very talented Cornerback, you may have heard of him!!!

And Dont forget those short little backfield passes to RUN DMC, His a home run hitter.... Welcome to the Bigt Stage, Welcome to the Big Play!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:49 pm
JOEL wrote:hmmm doesnt look promising?...russle is without promise?

I reserve my judgement on QBs until I see them perform on the field. There are lots of examples of highly touted QBs that failed in the nfl.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:02 pm
PAWNOGRAFITTI wrote:But hey i've also heard we might throw the ball to DeAngelo Hall a Very talented Cornerback, you may have heard of him!!!

Oh yeah...is that the same guy that said this

"I can't do this no more," Hall said. "I won't do this no more, let me say that. I will not be a part of a losing team another year, no matter what I got to do, no matter who hates me, whatever. I won't be a part of a losing team again, not if I can help it. "

Good luck with that :wink:
Last edited by sleandres on Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:22 pm
sleandres wrote:
JOEL wrote:But hey i've also heard we might throw the ball to DeAngelo Hall a Very talented Cornerback, you may have heard of him!!!

"I can't do this no more," Hall said. "I won't do this no more, let me say that. I will not be a part of a losing team another year, no matter what I got to do, no matter who hates me, whatever. I won't be a part of a losing team again, not if I can help it. "

sleanders not sure what happened here but the qoute you have under joel wrote...IS NOT MY POST?
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:30 pm
my bad...I read it wrong. I changed it above :oops:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:04 am
sleandres wrote:
PAWNOGRAFITTI wrote:But hey i've also heard we might throw the ball to DeAngelo Hall a Very talented Cornerback, you may have heard of him!!!

It boils down to going into 2008 with atlanta missing Michael Vick he knows the Falcons will be perrennial losers

But Deangelo Hall is going to a bonafide winner in 08.
We got a Franchise QB and a Home Run hitting Running back... Our Defense is also pretty solid, once we address stopping the run (which should be addressed this training camp) will be in the catagory of Balitmore and Chicago and Seattle type good D;s
]
Deangelo knows well aware what kind of team his getting himself into... he's going to a team thats on the up. not the down like Atlanta.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:26 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
sleandres wrote:

It boils down to going into 2008 with atlanta missing Michael Vick he knows the Falcons will be perrennial losers

We got a Franchise QB and a Home Run hitting Running back... Our Defense is also pretty solid, once we address stopping the run (which should be addressed this training camp) will be in the catagory of Balitmore and Chicago and Seattle type good D;s
]
Deangelo knows well aware what kind of team his getting himself into... he's going to a team thats on the up. not the down like Atlanta.

So you are suggesting that the Raiders will have a winning record? Or that they will make the Playoffs? Chances are that is the only way you will get 100% out of Hall...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:00 am
sleandres wrote:So you are suggesting that the Raiders will have a winning record? Or that they will make the Playoffs? Chances are that is the only way you will get 100% out of Hall...

He says the same thing year after year, always expecting 11 wins. Of course, one day it's going to happen... :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:49 am
sleandres wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
sleandres wrote:

]

So you are suggesting that the Raiders will have a winning record? Or that they will make the Playoffs? Chances are that is the only way you will get 100% out of Hall...

imo the best the raiders can realisticly hope for is 8 and 8
they way our division went last year we have a very slight chance of making a wild card bid
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:12 am
TMC wrote:
sleandres wrote:So you are suggesting that the Raiders will have a winning record? Or that they will make the Playoffs? Chances are that is the only way you will get 100% out of Hall...

He says the same thing year after year, always expecting 11 wins. Of course, one day it's going to happen... :wink:

Not so long as Al Davis is around...that guys' ego is crippling to the Franchise
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:55 am
sleandres wrote:that guys' ego is crippling to the Franchise

Pawno's? :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:23 pm
TMC wrote:
sleandres wrote:that guys' ego is crippling to the Franchise

Pawno's? :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: No, actually Pawno's optimism is probably the best thing the Raiders have going for them
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board