San Jose Sabercats

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:54 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
sleandres wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:When I was at SJSU, there was a place La Victoria's on 4th and San Carlos that's really good, but i went by there bout 6 months ago and they were renovating or something.

The kitchen burned down last summer...

Oh is that what happened?? well, i saw that there is another one on E. Santa Clara street, i guess near city hall. You should check it out Bada, orange sauce is good.

For sure...I am pretty sure they put crack or some sort of addiction forming additive in that orange sauce
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:18 am
sleandres wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
sleandres wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:When I was at SJSU, there was a place La Victoria's on 4th and San Carlos that's really good, but i went by there bout 6 months ago and they were renovating or something.

The kitchen burned down last summer...

Oh is that what happened?? well, i saw that there is another one on E. Santa Clara street, i guess near city hall. You should check it out Bada, orange sauce is good.

For sure...I am pretty sure they put crack or some sort of addiction forming additive in that orange sauce

So Did BADA pick a place or what?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:33 am
what is super easy to find, park, and is close to the arena?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:35 pm
Well, that place La Victoria's has a place right on Santa Clara and fourth. So it's on the same street as the arena. If it's from the arena, you just stay on santa clara towards the busy area of downtown until you hit fourth. Really easy. The one on san carlos is a small little place, and i think that one is the same, but it's good and you'll get addicted to the orange sauce.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:49 pm
guess I am either going to this place or Amici's. not sure yet.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:21 pm
Cool, Amici's is good too. The atmosphere at that place is really nice. Can't go wrong either way man. Have a great time. So where are you coming in from Bada?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:26 pm
yeah, kids love the Pizza and we have an Amici's nearby so I know they like it.

Coming from Pleasanton.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:31 pm
Right on man, it's a good choice
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:35 pm
thanks bro. is there parking there? should I park at HP and walk to Amici's? Sorry, just only been to HP once and that was like 8 years ago

Keep in mind on the walking thing that I have a 3 year old and they dont like to walk to far (oh, I also have a wife who thinks she is a princess!)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:40 pm
i believe most of whats right near amici's is meter parking. But There are usually parking garages all over and they are free on weekends. Check this out for garages....

http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/free_parking.php
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:22 am
So how was it Bada???
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:45 am
RobDIKUM wrote:So how was it Bada???

for the most part it was a disaster! Well, I take that back... we spent time together as a family so that was great but we did not even make it to the end of the 1st qtr before we had to leave.

We had a great dinner at Amici's so that was cool. My 3 year old has never been to a sporting event before and he was checking everything out during pregame. However during player introductions they shoot off this "cannon" style explosion. Sounds like 10 sticks of dynamite goes off. I am used to loud noises but this literally made me jump out of my seat.

Naturally I look over to my 3 year old who is TERRIFIED by that sound. I mean that was LOUD!!!! I mean REALLY loud. He buried his head into my chest but I calmed it down thinking ok, we are done with that.

Meanwhile, my 7 year old and wife are having a blast. So am I. Really fast game and being a former defensive back, it was interesting watching how they defended that "forward motion" stuff. Wow, what a tough job for a DB.

Well, the Sabercats get the opening kickoff and much to my dismay, when they score a TD, the dynamite explosion goes off again. I think to myself... "uh oh... I think arena games are like 60-50... if they do this after every score, we are in trouble." After assuring my 3 year old there would be no more explosions, he hears the one after the score and jumps into my arms and grabs me around the neck. My wife pried him from my neck and took him to the concourse area and talked with him. he said he wanted to go home and was scared but he was a trooper and decided to give it another try.

Well the Sabercats scored again and BOOM! again! For F*ck's sake! This time Dylan has a death grip on me... pretty much cutting off my oxygen supply. In the time my wife and I are discussing what we should do, the Sabercats force a fumble and the very next play... TD. BOOM!!!!
"F*ck!!!!!"

Now my 3 year's whole body is SHAKING in fear and is crying hysterically. Decision was simple at that point. Time to go home!

My older son was bummed by I promised to take him to a game without his brother.

That part sucked but that is the life of a parent!
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:02 pm
Sorry to hear that, bada... These events are supposed to be fun above everything else, and it's always disappointing when it ends like that. But, as you say, you had no other option, particularly if your kid is just 3 years old.

btw, were your seats too close to the source of those "explosions" or something like that?.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:44 pm
no idea where it came from. It filled the entire stadium. I saw my whole section jump when it went off the first time.

We were in the 2nd deck.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:14 pm
bada wrote:no idea where it came from. It filled the entire stadium. I saw my whole section jump when it went off the first time.

And it happens in every single game??? :shock:
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board