Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Role Player
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:44 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:29 pm
i see. yeahh we'll prolly get along, just not when it comes to the "great oakland raiders nation" :roll:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:30 pm
rsxracer wrote:i see. yeahh we'll prolly get along, just not when it comes to the "great oakland raiders nation" :roll:


That is about all he says.... over and over. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5861
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:19 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
rsxracer wrote:i see. yeahh we'll prolly get along, just not when it comes to the "great oakland raiders nation" :roll:


That is about all he says.... over and over. :wink:


Nothing wrong with that 8)

I feel honoured, it's like watching Tupac or Biggie busting a rhyme on a street corner and everyone is dancing along.

But when you speak about the Niners sfsfsf it reminds me of Willie Nelson riding the tour bus on magic mushrooms... and no one knows who your talkiing too. :banghead:

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:15 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Yeah, I know. Watch out for JOEL. All he does is talk Raiders. :roll: :wink:



i object not true....
i have posted many post at least 80% of the time non raider related :mrgreen:which would be over a thousand non raider postings :mrgreen:
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:01 pm
OK here is a nice friendly gentlemans bet....
for all the fans of raiders and niners...sf takes time to mention how his teams sell out the stadiums....giants and niners

i say we take note of actual attendance for raiders and for niners
so we can squash this theory that the raiders dont fill up the stadium...
i will be at every home raiders game and will note the attendance...
i bet we can find a site to share the actual attendance of the niners
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:13 pm
JOEL wrote:i say we take note of actual attendance for raiders and for niners so we can squash this theory that the raiders dont fill up the stadium... i will be at every home raiders game and will note the attendance... i bet we can find a site to share the actual attendance of the niners


I will take that... however, I dont want your report from the stadium. We will go by NFL.com. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:23 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
JOEL wrote:i say we take note of actual attendance for raiders and for niners so we can squash this theory that the raiders dont fill up the stadium... i will be at every home raiders game and will note the attendance... i bet we can find a site to share the actual attendance of the niners


I will take that... however, I dont want your report from the stadium. We will go by NFL.com. :wink:




ahhh man where is the love :mrgreen: ok but not for money just for bragging rights
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:23 pm
Lane Kiffin mentioned about trade down the 4th pick....if that happen just add Jordan on this package....

Raiders have too many RB....
Or they might get C.Long...he has Raiders Blood... :wink:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5861
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:05 am
Yeah Chris Long will be a Raider.... Rams wont pass on Dorsey considering he was trhe catalyst on the National Champsionship game. Raiders will get there boy.... And i will be buying a jersey Monday Morning.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:57 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Yeah Chris Long will be a Raider.... Rams wont pass on Dorsey considering he was trhe catalyst on the National Champsionship game. Raiders will get there boy.... And i will be buying a jersey Monday Morning.


How about after u buy his jersey, one week later he get trade away... :mrgreen:
That's funny bro

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:47 pm
GSW United wrote:Lane Kiffin mentioned about trade down the 4th pick....if that happen just add Jordan on this package....

Raiders have too many RB....
Or they might get C.Long...he has Raiders Blood... :wink:



can u ever remember the raiders trading down?
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:11 pm
JOEL wrote:
GSW United wrote:Lane Kiffin mentioned about trade down the 4th pick....if that happen just add Jordan on this package....

Raiders have too many RB....
Or they might get C.Long...he has Raiders Blood... :wink:



can u ever remember the raiders trading down?


Nope...that is not Al Davis' style. He likes the "flashy" picks...
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:48 pm
Dominic Rhodes released by Oakland...not surprised to see a HB get dumped.

The Oakland Raiders notified halfback Dominic Rhodes that he is being released.


The move wasn't much of a surprise. The Raiders invested the fourth pick in the first round of the NFL draft on halfback Darren McFadden. With McFadden, Michael Bush, Justin Fargas and LaMont Jordan under contract, someone had to be the odd man out, and it turned out to be Rhodes.

The salary cap was behind Rhodes' release. When the Raiders traded cornerback Fabian Washington to Baltimore Sunday, they took a $1.093,750 cap hit, putting them over the salary cap.

Rhodes had a $1.75 million salary, enough to put the Raiders back under the cap once he was released.

Rhodes, 29, signed a two-year contract with the Raiders last year. He was suspended for four games last season for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, and ended up rushing for only 302 yards on 75 carries.
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5861
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:55 am
sleandres wrote:Dominic Rhodes released by Oakland...not surprised to see a HB get dumped.

The Oakland Raiders notified halfback Dominic Rhodes that he is being released.


The move wasn't much of a surprise. The Raiders invested the fourth pick in the first round of the NFL draft on halfback Darren McFadden. With McFadden, Michael Bush, Justin Fargas and LaMont Jordan under contract, someone had to be the odd man out, and it turned out to be Rhodes.

The salary cap was behind Rhodes' release. When the Raiders traded cornerback Fabian Washington to Baltimore Sunday, they took a $1.093,750 cap hit, putting them over the salary cap.

Rhodes had a $1.75 million salary, enough to put the Raiders back under the cap once he was released.

Rhodes, 29, signed a two-year contract with the Raiders last year. He was suspended for four games last season for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, and ended up rushing for only 302 yards on 75 carries.


hmm good move... I gotta give props to Rhodes, putting up 2x 100 plus yard games against staunch defenses like San Diego and the Jags, it's rather impressive. He'll end up on a team, maybe even back with the Colts or most likely the Lions.

Yeah but the RUN DMC and Bush hookup is gonna be insane, I still think Fargas and McFadden will be the 1-2 punch this year. But Huggy seems to take a few hits and is on the injured list quite a bit. If we can have a mixture of these 3 running backs during the year accounting for at least 1 of them being injured then yeah well i think you'll find we gonna probably lead the league in rushing (Or probably be right up there again)

I don't know about Booger (lamont status) i hear they gonna wait it out till after June 2 before they cut him so the salary cap hit ain't as big...

And TMC quite notifully pointed out in one of our Private messages our Center situation in John Wade, TMC isn't a big believer in Wade and i really gonna miss the fire of Newberry, Hopefully the Robert Gallery at Guard combo still goes well and Mario Henderson will probably compete for one of the Tackle positions. Just glad to see Barry Sims aka Night Club Bouncer in a different uniform.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:22 pm
It makes sense. There's no room for McFadden, Fargas, Jordan, and Rhodes. All four could carry the ball 20+ times a game. I think Jordan is next to leave. They should just keep a two-man rotation at RB. Fargas and McFadden would be just fine. Especially with a guy like JaMarcus at QB who is very mobile and will move out of the pocket from time to time.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests