McGrady for Baron

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:55 pm
McGrady looks like he is done this year and he did not play the best with Yao. How about McGrady for Baron. The salaries work and I think McGrady would be a better fit on the Warriors. For the Rockets they get a great point guard and if it doesn't work out they only have to pay him for one year instead of the three that McGrady has. What do you guys think? A little risky because of McGrady's health but I don't think we are going anywhere with Baron.
Go TMC!!! Those were the days!!!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:06 pm
Wow.............. :shock:

As much as Im bored sh*tless right now, and have been clicking this site all day, waiting for something new to crop up..........man, come on.

I love Baron, alot of us love Baron.............but I dont think a single Rocket fan, player, coach, front office person, popcorn vender, mascott..........would even consider that a fair trade.

The salaries work but thats about it...............and plus, I wouldnt want that none playoff advancing walking curse that McGrady is!! :wink: ............I mean damn, Id rather not make the playoffs than go out in the first round year after year after year.........after this year again.

Plus............what would we do for PG distribution? cuz Monta sure isnt the answer. :(

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:47 pm
hmmm....

leaves us with monta as a point guard, TMac goes into the two spot...we have an allstar, but he's never gone passed the first round of the playoffs and has been injured for extended time for damn near every year of his career...we still have not addressed the problems of the solid backup big man and solid backup point guard (in fact our point guard problems get worse)...and we have a baron-esque salary for longer, leaving us less room for extensions and re-signings.

i think ill pass
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:51 pm
lol, Mcgrady is gonna retire and play minor league ball
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:24 pm
where's the weed cuz i havent had any for a while now. one, tmac's retiring once his contract expires... he said it himself unless he does otherwise. two, why would u trade ur star pure point guard for a forward that cant even make it out of the first round?
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:06 am
Because your all star point guard jacks up too many threes and plays no defense. And last I checked Baron couldn't even get us into the first round this year.
Go TMC!!! Those were the days!!!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:27 am
wakeeater2003 wrote:McGrady looks like he is done this year and he did not play the best with Yao. How about McGrady for Baron. The salaries work and I think McGrady would be a better fit on the Warriors. For the Rockets they get a great point guard and if it doesn't work out they only have to pay him for one year instead of the three that McGrady has. What do you guys think? A little risky because of McGrady's health but I don't think we are going anywhere with Baron.

Boooooooooooooooooo!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:23 pm
I would find this amusing because the guy I'm dating HATES the Warriors, but is a HUGE McGrady fan....I would love to see him suffer the agony of McGrady being a Warrior.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:27 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I would find this amusing because the guy I'm dating HATES the Warriors

BOOOOOOO!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:31 pm
TMC wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I would find this amusing because the guy I'm dating HATES the Warriors

BOOOOOOO!!!

I know right? He's lame! Whenever I go up to the Bay I buy him something that has to do with the Warriors...he has a collection of Warrior stuff, but it makes him angry...which in turn makes me laugh :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:11 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:he has a collection of Warrior stuff, but it makes him angry...

haha... this gets better with each post. You're mean, Cap. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:29 pm
TMC wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:he has a collection of Warrior stuff, but it makes him angry...

I know, I'm an awful girlfriend...the Warriors come first though! He also hates Matt Barnes with a passion so I make sure to bring him up as often as possible...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:34 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:

I know, I'm an awful girlfriend...the Warriors come first though! He also hates Matt Barnes with a passion so I make sure to bring him up as often as possible...

Cap...........I say your are a saint for putting up with him!!! :mrgreen:

To quote a famous song by Madness............"It must be love, love, love, do do.......nothing more, nothing less, Warriors are the best" :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:09 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:

Cap...........I say your are a saint for putting up with him!!! :mrgreen:

To quote a famous song by Madness............"It must be love, love, love, do do.......nothing more, nothing less, Warriors are the best" :mrgreen:

I am a saint...I should get a medal!

Although I can't complain...ask Joel what team his wife likes :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:43 pm
wakeeater2003 wrote:Because your all star point guard jacks up too many threes and plays no defense. And last I checked Baron couldn't even get us into the first round this year.

Sure, but at least Baron's past the first round.
Next

Return to Trades