McGrady for Baron

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:55 pm
McGrady looks like he is done this year and he did not play the best with Yao. How about McGrady for Baron. The salaries work and I think McGrady would be a better fit on the Warriors. For the Rockets they get a great point guard and if it doesn't work out they only have to pay him for one year instead of the three that McGrady has. What do you guys think? A little risky because of McGrady's health but I don't think we are going anywhere with Baron.
Go TMC!!! Those were the days!!!!!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:06 pm
Wow.............. :shock:

As much as Im bored sh*tless right now, and have been clicking this site all day, waiting for something new to crop up..........man, come on.

I love Baron, alot of us love Baron.............but I dont think a single Rocket fan, player, coach, front office person, popcorn vender, mascott..........would even consider that a fair trade.

The salaries work but thats about it...............and plus, I wouldnt want that none playoff advancing walking curse that McGrady is!! :wink: ............I mean damn, Id rather not make the playoffs than go out in the first round year after year after year.........after this year again.

Plus............what would we do for PG distribution? cuz Monta sure isnt the answer. :(

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:47 pm
hmmm....

leaves us with monta as a point guard, TMac goes into the two spot...we have an allstar, but he's never gone passed the first round of the playoffs and has been injured for extended time for damn near every year of his career...we still have not addressed the problems of the solid backup big man and solid backup point guard (in fact our point guard problems get worse)...and we have a baron-esque salary for longer, leaving us less room for extensions and re-signings.

i think ill pass
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:51 pm
lol, Mcgrady is gonna retire and play minor league ball
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors

Role Player
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:44 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:24 pm
where's the weed cuz i havent had any for a while now. one, tmac's retiring once his contract expires... he said it himself unless he does otherwise. two, why would u trade ur star pure point guard for a forward that cant even make it out of the first round?
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:06 am
Because your all star point guard jacks up too many threes and plays no defense. And last I checked Baron couldn't even get us into the first round this year.
Go TMC!!! Those were the days!!!!!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:27 am
wakeeater2003 wrote:McGrady looks like he is done this year and he did not play the best with Yao. How about McGrady for Baron. The salaries work and I think McGrady would be a better fit on the Warriors. For the Rockets they get a great point guard and if it doesn't work out they only have to pay him for one year instead of the three that McGrady has. What do you guys think? A little risky because of McGrady's health but I don't think we are going anywhere with Baron.



Boooooooooooooooooo!!!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:23 pm
I would find this amusing because the guy I'm dating HATES the Warriors, but is a HUGE McGrady fan....I would love to see him suffer the agony of McGrady being a Warrior.
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:27 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I would find this amusing because the guy I'm dating HATES the Warriors


BOOOOOOO!!!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:31 pm
TMC wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I would find this amusing because the guy I'm dating HATES the Warriors


BOOOOOOO!!!


I know right? He's lame! Whenever I go up to the Bay I buy him something that has to do with the Warriors...he has a collection of Warrior stuff, but it makes him angry...which in turn makes me laugh :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:11 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:he has a collection of Warrior stuff, but it makes him angry...


haha... this gets better with each post. You're mean, Cap. :wink:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:29 pm
TMC wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:he has a collection of Warrior stuff, but it makes him angry...


haha... this gets better with each post. You're mean, Cap. :wink:


I know, I'm an awful girlfriend...the Warriors come first though! He also hates Matt Barnes with a passion so I make sure to bring him up as often as possible...
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:34 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:he has a collection of Warrior stuff, but it makes him angry...


haha... this gets better with each post. You're mean, Cap. :wink:


I know, I'm an awful girlfriend...the Warriors come first though! He also hates Matt Barnes with a passion so I make sure to bring him up as often as possible...


Cap...........I say your are a saint for putting up with him!!! :mrgreen:

To quote a famous song by Madness............"It must be love, love, love, do do.......nothing more, nothing less, Warriors are the best" :mrgreen:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:09 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:he has a collection of Warrior stuff, but it makes him angry...


haha... this gets better with each post. You're mean, Cap. :wink:


I know, I'm an awful girlfriend...the Warriors come first though! He also hates Matt Barnes with a passion so I make sure to bring him up as often as possible...


Cap...........I say your are a saint for putting up with him!!! :mrgreen:

To quote a famous song by Madness............"It must be love, love, love, do do.......nothing more, nothing less, Warriors are the best" :mrgreen:


I am a saint...I should get a medal!

Although I can't complain...ask Joel what team his wife likes :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:43 pm
wakeeater2003 wrote:Because your all star point guard jacks up too many threes and plays no defense. And last I checked Baron couldn't even get us into the first round this year.


Sure, but at least Baron's past the first round.
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron