NBA Playoffs Predictions

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:01 am
migya wrote:Jameer Nelson is having it too easy againt Raptors PGs.

Jameer Nelson is having it too easy against TJ Ford, who is proving once again that he's one of the most overrated PGs of the league.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:39 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Jameer Nelson is having it too easy againt Raptors PGs.

Jameer Nelson is having it too easy against TJ Ford, who is proving once again that he's one of the most overrated PGs of the league.

So he is not scoring on Calderon at all???? Ford is having a bad series so far but he has shown this season that he is a very good PG. Calderon is as well but Ford suits the open court game better

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:53 am
migya wrote:So he is not scoring on Calderon at all???? Ford is having a bad series so far but he has shown this season that he is a very good PG. Calderon is as well but Ford suits the open court game better

Ford suits a lottery team well, that's all.

I'm not saying Calderon is having a great series, but he's doing his job. Ford is getting outplayed in every single game, and Mitchell stubbornness is keeping him on the court, where he's hurting his team more than helping. The way he's playing, Ford should play backup to Calde, and not more than 10 minutes per game.

In almost the same time (Calde has played just 4 minutes more), TJ Ford has scored a total of 11 points, shooting 2-17 in the two games played, with 7 boards, 12 assists and 4 TOs. That's abyssmal when compared to Calderon and Jameer.

Meanwhile, Calderon has scored 27 points, shooting 10-22 (his first game % was pretty poor, just 3-11, but had a far better second outing), with 6 boards, 13 assists and just 1 TO.

Add to that that Toronto usually plays A LOT better when Calderon is running the team (it's not coincidental that Toronto had their best month of the season in January, when TJ Ford was recovering from his latest injury).

I think we can agree that it's better for the Raptors to play a guy who's playing average (although Calde's second game was pretty good) than one who's damaging the team. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:40 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:So he is not scoring on Calderon at all???? Ford is having a bad series so far but he has shown this season that he is a very good PG. Calderon is as well but Ford suits the open court game better

Ford suits a lottery team well, that's all.

I'm not saying Calderon is having a great series, but he's doing his job. Ford is getting outplayed in every single game, and Mitchell stubbornness is keeping him on the court, where he's hurting his team more than helping. The way he's playing, Ford should play backup to Calde, and not more than 10 minutes per game.

In almost the same time (Calde has played just 4 minutes more), TJ Ford has scored a total of 11 points, shooting 2-17 in the two games played, with 7 boards, 12 assists and 4 TOs. That's abyssmal when compared to Calderon and Jameer.

Meanwhile, Calderon has scored 27 points, shooting 10-22 (his first game % was pretty poor, just 3-11, but had a far better second outing), with 6 boards, 13 assists and just 1 TO.

Add to that that Toronto usually plays A LOT better when Calderon is running the team (it's not coincidental that Toronto had their best month of the season in January, when TJ Ford was recovering from his latest injury).

I think we can agree that it's better for the Raptors to play a guy who's playing average (although Calde's second game was pretty good) than one who's damaging the team. :wink:

For the season, Ford produced just a little better than Calderon. Ford is more of a running, transition player, Calderon is a half court PG. Ford is having a bad series so far against Orlando but that is it, he is a very good PG, both of those guys are

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:44 am
The choke artist formerly known as Flip Saunders is gonna have an encore of all his previous playoff appearances... Man, Detroit is playing fugly right now. Philly, without doing anything out of the ordinary, is looking like a much better team and might end up taking the series against the Pistons.

Other than that, seems like the Suns are done (there goes the Shaq ring promise...).
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:23 am
TMC wrote:Other than that, seems like the Suns are done (there goes the Shaq ring promise...).

I must admit..........Im actually loving the fact that the Suns are getting whooped...........as they make this big ass trade to deal specifically with the Spurs, but they have no-one to guard Parker...........and it just isnt happening...........plus, they are making less of a series of it than before.

Essshhhkkk on that big Shaq contract.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:28 pm
TJ Ford just had a very good game, Calderon nowhere to be found. Just shows both those huys are essential to Toronto and neither is really top tier PG in the nba yet, especially how Jameer just had a great game and he is ordinary.

Can't believe Spurs are up 3-0 on Suns. Suns had their biggest chance this season and look to have blown it. Nash getting smashed by Parker, really one sided

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:00 am
migya wrote:TJ Ford just had a very good game, Calderon nowhere to be found. Just shows both those huys are essential to Toronto and neither is really top tier PG in the nba yet, especially how Jameer just had a great game and he is ordinary.

True. But if Toronto wants to really hace a chance to be a good team, they have to trade Ford for help at SG and, above anything else, they have FIRE Sam Mitchell.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:20 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:TJ Ford just had a very good game, Calderon nowhere to be found. Just shows both those huys are essential to Toronto and neither is really top tier PG in the nba yet, especially how Jameer just had a great game and he is ordinary.

True. But if Toronto wants to really hace a chance to be a good team, they have to trade Ford for help at SG and, above anything else, they have FIRE Sam Mitchell.

I think they are better off with Ford and trading Calderon. The look to be built for full court style and Calderon is definately more half court player. They could trade Calderon, a highly respected and talented PG, for someone at SG. Maybe even McCants from Minnesota and another player. McCants does well scoring in limited court time and would go well in the Raps

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:31 am
Calderon is a free agent. If they don't promise him to start, he's gone and they are left without anything.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:50 am
TMC wrote:Calderon is a free agent. If they don't promise him to start, he's gone and they are left without anything.

They are in a tough position then. They have to resign Calderon before they trade Ford then or they are left with nothing

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:07 pm

Can't believe Spurs are up 3-0 on Suns. Suns had their biggest chance this season and look to have blown it. Nash getting smashed by Parker, really one sided

Yes - I'm a happy camper! Seeing how I live in Arizona, it's great to see how fans were so high on their team after they started clicking with Shaq...then so low after playing just 4 games against the Spurs in the playoffs! Its a beautful thing...it really is!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:41 pm
I'm digressing guys. I have just the answer for the much discussed Toronto's surplus PG problem.
I do think Toronto will go with Calderon.
So: Toronto resigns Calderon and trades Ford to us for Harrington and a second round draft pick. We then deal Ford, Bellinelli, Pietrus (if we are able to resign and trade) and a first round draft pick to the Clippers for Elton Brand.
War Years
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:17 pm
War Years wrote:I'm digressing guys. I have just the answer for the much discussed Toronto's surplus PG problem.
So: Toronto resigns Calderon and trades Ford to us for Harrington and a second round draft pick. We then deal Ford, Bellinelli, Pietrus (if we are able to resign and trade) and a first round draft pick to the Clippers for Elton Brand.

Would they seriously take those three and a pick for Brand? I don't think so, IMO.

Toronto will be better off w/ Calderon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:38 am
xbay wrote:
War Years wrote:I'm digressing guys. I have just the answer for the much discussed Toronto's surplus PG problem.

Would they seriously take those three and a pick for Brand? I don't think so, IMO.

Actually, it would make more sense to trade Brand to Toronto for Ford, fillers and picks. They get their pg and do not have to face Brand playing for a rival in the same division.

xbay wrote:Toronto will be better off w/ Calderon.

That goes without saying. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum