the bench....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:12 am
ok we all know the warriors would be in the playoffs if we had a bench with that said what free agents that are gonna be out there that the warriors should sign?

potential losses

pietrus
barnes
o'bryant
harrington
croshere

my free agent picks
chris duhon/ back up davis
james posey/defense and tuff can shoot the three
micheal finley/solid backup at shooting guard
fransisco elson/solid backup center
Clifford Rozier rememer him?

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:26 pm
finley is too old... and the celtics will not give up posey for anyone we're willing to trade.
I like o'bryant but he doesn't fit well with nellie, and I'm hoping CJ watson would stick around as a backup...
I always have confidence in finding good bench players from the D- league, and they sign for minimum as well.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:20 am
Duhon would be a great signing, but I think he's gonna get good offers on free agency, so he might be too expensive to sign as a backup.

As for the others, Elson would be a decent pickup, if he signs for cheap (not more than $1 million), Posey will probably stay with Boston and Finley is probably not interested in signing with us at this point.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:17 pm
mista240sx wrote:ok we all know the warriors would be in the playoffs if we had a bench with that said what free agents that are gonna be out there that the warriors should sign?

potential losses

pietrus
barnes
o'bryant
harrington
croshere

my free agent picks
chris duhon/ back up davis
james posey/defense and tuff can shoot the three
micheal finley/solid backup at shooting guard
fransisco elson/solid backup center

harrington isnt a free agent this year... how is that a potential loss?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:46 pm
pollykraker wrote:harrington isnt a free agent this year... how is that a potential loss?

I cant speak for him, but he might be refering to the fact that Harrington has been named in all kind of trade possibilities.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:59 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
pollykraker wrote:harrington isnt a free agent this year... how is that a potential loss?

I cant speak for him, but he might be refering to the fact that Harrington has been named in all kind of trade possibilities.

I think he was referring to it like that too..........but its still a mute point to include him in "Free Agent money availablity" as he will have to be traded, and will have to have his salary matched, and hence we would at the least get a salary dump, which wouldnt come off till the following season...........and hence we cant dump Al for free agent money this year.

Ahh the fun of the crazy trades and suggestions that dont work.............gonna be a fun summer! :wink:

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:03 pm
bigstrads wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

I think he was referring to it like that too..........but its still a mute point to include him in "Free Agent money availablity" as he will have to be traded, and will have to have his salary matched, and hence we would at the least get a salary dump, which wouldnt come off till the following season...........and hence we cant dump Al for free agent money this year.

Ahh the fun of the crazy trades and suggestions that dont work.............gonna be a fun summer! :wink:

yes exactly even if he was speaking of him being traded, we wont be dumping his salary for nothing....

hahaha ya you gotta love the crazy trades that will never happen or that make completely no sense at all
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:21 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

yeah thats what i meant about the harrington trade possibility.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:54 am
mista240sx wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

yeah thats what i meant about the harrington trade possibility.

Yes...........but =

bigstrads wrote:I think he was referring to it like that too..........but its still a mute point to include him in "Free Agent money availablity" as he will have to be traded, and will have to have his salary matched, and hence we would at the least get a salary dump, which wouldnt come off till the following season...........and hence we cant dump Al for free agent money this year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:16 am
bigstrads wrote:Yes...........but =

bigstrads wrote:I think he was referring to it like that too..........but its still a mute point to include him in "Free Agent money availablity" as he will have to be traded, and will have to have his salary matched, and hence we would at the least get a salary dump, which wouldnt come off till the following season...........and hence we cant dump Al for free agent money this year.

Yes............ but........... if we trade him to a team with enough cap space for his contract or with a big enough trade exception, that's instant cap relief.

Not likely, tho.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:56 pm
hopefully the dubs can or else we are just plain stuck with him he needs to step his game up then and be more consistant meaning being agressive
every night "playing mad" and stop shooting stupid threes.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:33 pm
seattle has cap space...probably wouldnt take him tho...theyd probably want someone who can be a star alongside durant rather than someone who is too inconsistent to play that big a part.
memphis has cap space but it doesnt look like they have a spot for him. their team as is looks great and promising with gay and warrick in the front court...they just need a center (other than darko).
the clippers might have cap space if brand opts out and they let him walk, but this is probably unlikely since brands contract is huge.
miami will have space if marion opts out.
and you got toronto.

not sure there are many suitors as far as teams that would take al. there are other teams that would probably have some space for al, but i didnt mention them cuz it doesnt seem any deal would be possible with anyone else really.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Return to Trades