just an idea....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:16 pm
bigstrads wrote:Ohh............sh*t.......... :oops: .............I swear I remember talk of it expiring around the last deadline?..............

We had another one that expired, but it was around $4 million or so, IIRC. Maybe even less. Must have been that one.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:21 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Ohh............sh*t.......... :oops: .............I swear I remember talk of it expiring around the last deadline?..............

We had another one that expired, but it was around $4 million or so, IIRC. Maybe even less. Must have been that one.

yeah...it was the ike diogu TE. but it was only a million dollar TE. couldnt do much with it anyway
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:23 pm
another thing to keep in mind in regards to the 10mil trade exception....

Not using it does NOT give us any more cap room or money to spend. The trade exception allows us to acquire a player up to 10mil without having to send back equal salary to the team with are trading with which is what we normally would have to do because of being over or at the cap.

This is what makes it valuable to the other team because if a team is looking for salary cap room, our trade exception allows them to dump that contract without taking any salary back.

However that salary would be counted against our cap and put us into or close to the luxury threshold. If we simply let it expire, there is no change to our current cap figure.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:30 pm
bada wrote:another thing to keep in mind in regards to the 10mil trade exception....

Not using it does NOT give us any more cap room or money to spend. The trade exception allows us to acquire a player up to 10mil without having to send back equal salary to the team with are trading with which is what we normally would have to do because of being over or at the cap.

This is what makes it valuable to the other team because if a team is looking for salary cap room, our trade exception allows them to dump that contract without taking any salary back.

However that salary would be counted against our cap and put us into or close to the luxury threshold. If we simply let it expire, there is no change to our current cap figure.

thats correct, which is why we got rid of JRich, to dump his salary. by letting the TE expire, the money that WOULD have gone to JRich is now going to be used on future extensions like monta and biedrins. but like bada said, it doesnt give us any extra money, its just a better budgeting strategy...basically re-organizing, if you will.

if anyone is still confused (cuz i know my response isnt exactly clear), its basically that if we let the TE expire we basically just dump JRich's contract, no strings attached. if we use it and not let it expire, then its essentially trading JRich for that player, only it took a year for it to go in effect for us.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:01 pm
bigstrads wrote:[Ohh............sh*t.......... :oops: .............I swear I remember talk of it expiring around the last deadline?..............ohh well, it makes sense that it last for a year from the trade

You are probably talking about the one from Ike. That expired this year. The J-Rich one expires two days after draft day. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:55 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:[Ohh............sh*t.......... :oops: .............I swear I remember talk of it expiring around the last deadline?..............ohh well, it makes sense that it last for a year from the trade

You are probably talking about the one from Ike. That expired this year. The J-Rich one expires two days after draft day. :wink:

Yup........forgot about the Ike one. :wink:
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:01 pm
mista240sx wrote:
GSW United wrote:Dump O'bryant
Dump Baron
Dump Ellis
Dump S-jax
Dump Beans
Dump nellie
Dump Al
Dump Wright

And we go fishing everyday oke..... :mrgreen:

The last thing is 'U DUMB'.....

I would like to add some new players for the team such as Brand,Chris wilcox and use AL + Pietrus as bait or AL+draft picks for Brand...

baron
Ellis
Beans
S-jax
Brand

that's the real solid teams and B.Wright step up the game along with the Italian Pizzanelli.....
But, i really worry about Ellis and Beans....how much we have to spend for them.....at least $ 15 mil for both of them....

u calling me dumb??? wassup with that?

i don't called u DUMB..i just called the management who will dumb all players are DUMB...
Coz we all know ellis and other players are really valuable for W's...
Previous

Return to Trades