End Season Awards

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:42 pm
Who are is your MVP? MIP? 6th Man? DPOY? ROY?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:33 pm
You mean of the NBA of course, not our team............yes, thats why its in the NBA forum! :oops:

Wheres yours though man? its your topic! :wink:

Anyway =

MVP = CP3........as I dont think LeBron has and will do enough with his team, and CP3 is the fresh new thing, and has lead the team to some lofty hights.........so no to Kobe too. (although I wouldnt be surprised to see Kobe get it)

MIP = Turkoglu.........I dont agree with this at all, just what I think is going to happen. Monta should get some serious votes again, Calderon, Aldridge and unfortunately Dungleavy will too.

6th Man = Ginobili..........simply because he has come off the bench most of the season and has put up some great number (abit of a weird one though because he plays lots of minutes).........cant really think of anyone else off the top of my head.

DPOY = Camby.............again, although his team being such a crappy defensive team may come into it.........but the boards and blocks are in-disputable..........Josh Smith is on the table too.

ROY = Durant...........has to be really, although if it was me, Id go for Horford simply because he doesnt get the opportunities Durant has and has been a fixture in a playoff team (albeit a crappy East one).........but Durant became alot more efficient in the final 20 games or so.
Last edited by bigstrads on Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:03 pm
MVP=Kobe Bryant. I hate this guy, but he has become a more complete player...by far his best season ever.

MIP=Jose Calderon. I know the clear favorite is Hedo Turkgolu, but I have to be a little different. When poor TJ Ford's head bounced off the ground like a basketball, Toronto's season could have been over. even though they play in the horrid Eastern Conference, they still are a playoff team.

6th Man=Manu Ginobli. I am not sure if there is even the slightest possiblilty that this can be argued.

DPOY=Josh Smith. This guy plays on sucha a mediocre team, yet is such a pain in the ass to play against, just ask the Warriors.

ROY=Al Horford. Once again, just to be different, I will not choose Kevin Durant...I just didn't want him to sweep the category :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:13 pm
MVP: Kobe, because he has led his team to the best Western conference record, and CP3 is still a little young in my book.

MIP: Turkoglu, because he's on a playoff team and has overshadowed Rashard as the 2nd option in the Magic offense.

6th Man: Ginobili... obviously.

DPOY: I'm gonna go with Smith too.

ROY: Durant, because of his PPG, and his good late season stretch. Obvious choice.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:56 pm
MVP: Kobe. He's the best player in the game, and without 2 of his starters for most of the season, he deserves it. Who ever thought the Lakers would be the #1 seed at the beginning of the season? Not me.

DPOY: I guess KG. He's prolly the most consistent defensive player in the NBA. Camby, Artest, and Josh Smith all take nights off sometimes, not KG tho.

MIP: Monta should win it, but Hedo will win. Monta statisically has not improved that much, but us Warrior fans have seen him progress from decent swing man to potential superstar. Hedo...well...i guess hes improved...

6th man: Manu. No brainer here, he shouldn't even come off the bench anyway....

COY: Byron Scott. The rise of David West and Chris Paul has been amazing. No one saw this team be a #2 seed, I for sure saw them as a #7 seed as best.

Exec of Year: Danny Ainge. Boston, terrible last year, possible Finals winner this year. Kupchack could win it cuz of the trade of the year in Pau (for Kwame/Crittenton...oh god!). But snagging Ray Ray, KG, and Powe, House, PJ, and Posey, they truly have changed the makeup of that franchise.

ROY: Brandon Wright.....Just kidding. Honestly if Wright played like a 7th pick should have played, he might have won this award. But I gotta give it to Durant. Too skinny, too skrawny, too flimsy...He heard it all, but hes still going to be a great player in this league.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:01 pm
MVP: Kobe Bryant. Though I don't like him and think Lebron does more with less. Lakers did have extended injuries to Gasol and Bynum and stil got #1 in West. Chris Paul to be very close second and Lebron to get third, because Cavs just haven't won much.

DPOY: Kevin Garnett. The talk by many analysts is that he will get it and has been a great defensive force for Boston. Camby hasn't been what he was last season, at least it hasn't done much for his team's overall defense and so he won't get it. Duncan will also be up there like always.

MIP: Turkoglu has been amazing and will get it. Dunleavy has to be high on that list as well, though I don't like him. Others that have risen their game significantly are Rudy Gay, Kaman, Aldridge, Calderon and even Monta.

6th man: Manu Ginobili. Calderon should also get alot of votes.

COY: Byron Scott. He will get it as Hornets are the biggest surprise of all teams. Doc Rivers will be high as well.

ROY: Kevin Durant. No contest

All Nba 1st Team:
G - Chris Paul
G - Kobe Bryant
F - Lebron James
F - Kevin Garnett
C - Amare Stoudemire

All Nba 2nd Team:
G - Steve Nash
G - Deron Williams
F - Chris Bosh
F - Tim Duncan
C - Dwight Howard

All Nba 3rd Team:
G - Allen Iverson
G - Tracy McGrady
F - Carmelo Anthony
F - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Marcus Camby

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:41 am
MVP = Kobe........ Finally, one of the most talented guys in the league gets his deserved MVP trophy. Don't like the guy much, but he certainly deserves the award this year.

MIP = Turkoglu.........I don't think there's any doubt that Turkoglu deserves this award after a truly impressive season.

6th Man = Ginobili.......... He's not really a 6th man, more like a 3rd... but this award goes to the best player that comes from the bench, so he gets it by default.

DPOY = Duncan.............As weird as Kobe never winning a MVP is Duncan never winning a DPOY.

ROY = Durant........... Based on his numbers and the number of games he has decided, it's gotta be Durant, although Horford has also had a very productive season.

COY = Byron Scott....... Given New Orleans success, I cannot imagine anybody else winning it.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:54 am
MVP = Kobe........ His team would be the grizzlies without him

MIP = Turkoglu.........I don't think there's any doubt that Turkoglu deserves this award after a truly impressive season.

6th Man = Ginobili.......... its not fair cause he could be a starter if he wanted

DPOY = Camby he blocks and he rebounds..meh

ROY = Durant..........nuff said

COY = Aldelman... 22 win streak all without Yao. 4th seed. Byron Scott had someone to carry the team aka Chris Paul. Adelman turned a bunch of role players into a successful cohesive team. Proof is 4th seed when people thought they wouldnt even make the playoffs
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:52 pm
MVP = Baron Davis...He really deserved this award..why ?

Neither Kobe and CP3 played 82 games all season long and only Baron can make it....if u can't play 82 games don't called yourself MVP...MVP is for strong man who will fight thru the end.

MIP = Ellis..his numbers is improve and also his 'salary' will improve the most :mrgreen: and Hedo still got pay the same so that's why i called Monta is MIP(Most improve PAY)

6th Man = W's fans....why...coz we are the best fans in the league that's i called 6th man.

DPOY = S-Jax....he defend us in the court or outside the court..when charles barkley attack us with the words he step us and hit him back...
He played hard every games and noone can compare to Capt-jax

ROY = POB...noone can beat him....why?... he back and forth to D-league while Durant can't make it... :mrgreen:
to be the good rookie u have to play in 2 league (D-league and NBA league)

COY = Nellie....he still coach W's even he can just retire anytime now and that's make him so special....noone can be like him, maybe all the coach in NBA now probably will retire before 62.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:34 pm
MVP = Kobe. The media will give it to him as a lifetime achievement award.

MIP = Gay. I say Gay because he had more national exposure than Hedo in the dunk contest and was the biggest impact player or his team (whereas Hedo fell in line to D12).

6th = Manu. Duh.

DPOY = KG. I could see him getting it just because of the Celts record.

ROY = Durant. Horford made a case for a while but Durant sealed it with his 40+ outburst against us to close the season.

COY = Jerry Sloan. He's deserved it many seasons but it might be punking Gordon Giricek that puts him over the top.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:06 pm
I forgot to add COY in my original post...

I think this one goes to Rick Adelman. If you look at the Rockets' roster(especially without the Lab Rat Yao), you find yourself asking how did this team win 22 straight games? We all, or at least most of us, though the Rockets would not even be a playoff team. As much as I dislike Adelman, he has done a fantastic job this season.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:38 pm
GSW United wrote:MVP = Baron Davis...He really deserved this award..why ?

Neither Kobe and CP3 played 82 games all season long and only Baron can make it....if u can't play 82 games don't called yourself MVP...MVP is for strong man who will fight thru the end.

MIP = Ellis..his numbers is improve and also his 'salary' will improve the most :mrgreen: and Hedo still got pay the same so that's why i called Monta is MIP(Most improve PAY)

6th Man = W's fans....why...coz we are the best fans in the league that's i called 6th man.

DPOY = S-Jax....he defend us in the court or outside the court..when charles barkley attack us with the words he step us and hit him back...

ROY = POB...noone can beat him....why?... he back and forth to D-league while Durant can't make it... :mrgreen:

COY = Nellie....he still coach W's even he can just retire anytime now and that's make him so special....noone can be like him, maybe all the coach in NBA now probably will retire before 62.

lol... i concur
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:24 pm
ginobili won 6th man today. no surprise.

my picks...

mvp - chris paul.
mip - hedo turkoglu.
dpoy - kevin garnett.
roy - al horford.
coy - byron scott.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:52 pm
GSW United wrote:MVP = Baron Davis...He really deserved this award..why ?

hahahah man that was a great post hahah. I loved the part about POB... I was cracking up out loud for the longest of times...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:42 pm
This season's gonna be all obvious ones:

DPOY = KG
6TH = Ginobli

Now, my hunches:

MVP = Kobe (just cause he needs one in his career and nows the best excuse)

COY = Doc Rivers (for turning a team of offensive studs into the best defensive team in the league)

ROY = Durant (from day 1, its been known)

MIP = Turkoglu (going from a bench shooter to a #3 guy on a damn good team. No one else shot up THAT much)

Exec of the Year = How can it not be Danny Ainge?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to NBA Forum