Warriors feuding with CSN

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:22 pm
Looks Like the warriors are not 2 happy with their lack of coverage of their games during the playoff stretch run, or how they had games bumped either to FSN plus or not shown all together because of giants, A's or Sharks games.

Heres the link for the full Article: http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_8956611

Warriors feuding with CSN
# The team, already upset by the station's programming moves, files a suit related to Giants' status as part owners
By John Ryan

In a budding feud that already might be hindering the Bay Area sports fan's viewing experience, the Warriors have filed a lawsuit aimed at the new Comcast SportsNet Bay Area.

In a suit filed Thursday in Alameda County Superior Court, the team asked for declaratory relief that would allow the Warriors a closer inspection of the channel's ownership to determine whether the new deal breaches their broadcast contract.

Furthermore, recent programming decisions have gone against the Warriors, whose ratings are, on average, nearly three times the Sharks'. On March 21, the Rockets-Warriors game remained on the less visible FSN Plus while Sharks-Ducks was on FSN; after the conversion to CSN, a crucial Warriors game in San Antonio wasn't picked up for telecast because of conflicts with the Sharks and the A's home opener. (Comcast has close ties to the NHL, airing games on its Versus cable channel.)

On Monday night, too, the Warriors' last-gasp game against Phoenix was on CSN Plus, while the Diamondbacks and Giants held the main channel.

A case-management conference is scheduled for Aug. 27. Warriors owner Chris Cohan is no stranger to the civil courts, nor is Comcast. So it's hard to see either one blinking.

If next season rolls around and the Warriors are brushed to CSN Plus more often -- or if Comcast has trouble launching its planned Warriors pregame and postgame shows, which will require heavy cooperation from the franchise -- this might be why.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:24 pm
another reason for me to hate the Giants. :)
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:33 pm
bada wrote:another reason for me to hate the Giants. :)

Hey, the A's were on there too.

But I agree, it was stupid how they handled the Warriors being televised. The last game of the season wasn't televised. That's just stupid. Can't I see my team one last time? Instead, they make us wait 'til November. Sigh..
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:25 pm
i hope this doesnt linger, and if it does i hope they find a new destination b/c the warriors have enough support to be televised every f'in game. not many teams can say that.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Return to News Articles