Worst memories as a sports fan

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:37 pm
Guess in order to be fair, should do a worst memories as a sports fan thread as well.

    Super Bowl XL Seahawks vs “Stealers” - To wait for 30 years to play in this game then to have the worst officiated SB in history was a major letdown. I did not talk to anyone for about 7 days after that game I was so pissed. I have mellowed on it now but still get sick to my stomach thinking of that game.
    Kurt Gibson’s homerun off Eck in 1988 World Series – ****ing ridiculous is about all I can say. What a sickening feeling that was.
    Announcement that Magic Johnson contracted HIV – obviously his unsafe and promiscuous actions caused this, but he was my sports idol and perhaps favorite athlete of all time and it hit me pretty hard.
    Oakland Raiders RB Bo Jackson runs through Brian Bozworth on MNF – had such high hopes for Boz and despite feeling like NOBODY could have stopped that beast of a man Bo Jackson on that play, I was ridiculed by that from all my Raider fan friends for what seemed like 9 months.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: SpringTown, Livermore
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:13 pm
ok the A's playoffs before 2006

1975 raiders playoffs vs stealers in the rule book back then if it the attended reciever it is dead if he dont catch it. rule changed after that game

2002 raiders afc game the tuck rule made up that rule two

2008 A's offseason

raiders vs chief 1974 or something forgot but robbed proved 10 years later

yankees and bosox period
I like pie
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Alameda
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:25 pm
The 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2007 World Series.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: SpringTown, Livermore
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Thunder wrote:The 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2007 World Series.
yankees won in 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, angels won in 2002, and bo sox won the last two so who is your team
I like pie

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:32 pm
bada wrote:Guess in order to be fair, should do a worst memories as a sports fan thread as well.

    Super Bowl XL Seahawks vs “Stealers” - To wait for 30 years to play in this game then to have the worst officiated SB in history was a major letdown. I did not talk to anyone for about 7 days after that game I was so pissed. I have mellowed on it now but still get sick to my stomach thinking of that game.
    Kurt Gibson’s homerun off Eck in 1988 World Series – ****ing ridiculous is about all I can say. What a sickening feeling that was.
    Announcement that Magic Johnson contracted HIV – obviously his unsafe and promiscuous actions caused this, but he was my sports idol and perhaps favorite athlete of all time and it hit me pretty hard.
    [
    b]Oakland Raiders RB Bo Jackson runs through Brian Bozworth on MNF [/b]– had such high hopes for Boz and despite feeling like NOBODY could have stopped that beast of a man Bo Jackson on that play, I was ridiculed by that from all my Raider fan friends for what seemed like 9 months
    .



ha truth is bada i bought into the boz hype a lil...no i didnt get my hair cut like him....and i feel for the heat you had to take...
but as a Bo fan damn :shock: i loved that hit :D :D :D
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:34 pm
atley hammacker

that was just wrong.. shouldnt happpen to good guys.

joe thiesman can not take seeing bones sticking out like that
the replays aauuughhhhhhhhh
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Alameda
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:22 pm
oaklandfnatic wrote:
Thunder wrote:The 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2007 World Series.
yankees won in 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, angels won in 2002, and bo sox won the last two so who is your team


The A's. I can't stand the Yanks, Sox, and Angels though. I hate those organizations and their fans.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: SpringTown, Livermore
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:34 pm
Thunder wrote:
oaklandfnatic wrote:
Thunder wrote:The 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2007 World Series.
yankees won in 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, angels won in 2002, and bo sox won the last two so who is your team


The A's. I can't stand the Yanks, Sox, and Angels though. I hate those organizations and their fans.
That makes sense I'm an A's fan to were winning 9-1 right now
I like pie
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5875
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:52 am
2007 Quarter Final Loss of Wallabies to England at Rugby World Cup

It was the Wallabies for the taking, possession in the 2nd half and all was needing was a penalty or field goal... Englands defense stood staunch and they embarrassed the Wallabies scrummaging technique.

Worst bit about it was getting a phone call from a Kiwi mate, with him yelling 4 more years.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:52 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:33 pm
October 13th

#2 Ranked California Golden Bears

VS

Oregon State Beavers

7:30 pm

Cal has the ball on the oregon state 13 14 yardline i cant quite remember around 15 seconds left on the clock bears down by 3...no timeouts.Riley makes the mistake and tries to run it.Bears lose and blow the chance to be number one since 1950 i believe.

More of a recent one but it lives with me every day.
Go Ham
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:56 pm
webelieve wrote:October 13th

#2 Ranked California Golden Bears

VS

Oregon State Beavers

7:30 pm

Cal has the ball on the oregon state 13 14 yardline i cant quite remember around 15 seconds left on the clock bears down by 3...no timeouts.Riley makes the mistake and tries to run it.Bears lose and blow the chance to be number one since 1950 i believe.

More of a recent one but it lives with me every day.


Oh God, that was just terrible. They could've been ranked number one since LSU lost that weekend.

One worst memory for me was not too long ago when the Warriors and Lakers went at it. It was an intense played game and they ended up losing unfairly without putting up a shot because of a terrible made call at the very end of OT.

Also, when the Giants lost to the Angels in the 2002 World Series after they had repeated chances to close them out but failed to do so.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5875
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:44 am
how about today!!!

Winning 48 or 49 games of the season and still not qualifying.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:20 am
With the 1st overall pick in the 2005 NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Image

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:46 pm
was watching the nfl channel they replayed the raiders new england snow job.....damn raiders got screwed hard......and bradey later said it was a FUMBLE
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:52 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:25 pm
sleandres wrote:With the 1st overall pick in the 2005 NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:


good post

should have taken someone else,someone with poise,someone with confidence,someone from...oh i dont know say berkeley

aaron rodgers *cough* :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Go Ham
Next

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests